Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Artistic filter has vanished - Reply to topic

shreddingskin

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Not sure what has happened..but, I was using photoshop (CS4), I was at the point in a project to use an artistic filter, when I selected filter the drop down menu appeared and NO ARTISTIC FILTER! It has simply vanished. Any help would be appreciated, I am perplexed to say the least!

Thanks Rolling Eyes

Patre

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:22 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm not sure why the artistic filters disappeared, but my guess is that they would return if when you restarted Photoshop, you held down the shift/control and alt key on a PC-(don't know the MAC Equivalents) when the program is loading. That will reset your preferences. You may want to edit your preferences after the restart because the default ones will have been restored to the program.

blue_lurker

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Not to worry mate learn not to use the standard filters is better any way.

(What Pat said should solve ya problem) Wink

shreddingskin

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Patre wrote:
I'm not sure why the artistic filters disappeared, but my guess is that they would return if when you restarted Photoshop, you held down the shift/control and alt key on a PC-(don't know the MAC Equivalents) when the program is loading. That will reset your preferences. You may want to edit your preferences after the restart because the default ones will have been restored to the program.

Thanks for your response, I did what you said. And nothing. No change. The artistic filter did not reappear. I guess I have no choice but to reinstall lthe program. I will wait for a few more responses in case there is a solution.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:37 pm   Reply with quote         

wildcard...are you working in RGB or CMYK?

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
wildcard...are you working in RGB or CMYK?

Never thought to mention that! I am in RGB, I had found this answer earlier, difference was that their Artistic filter was grayed out. Mine has just vanished.
However! I did manage to find a webpage with the artistic filters I lost all .8bf files. Uploaded them to my filter folder and voila! My artistic option with all filters is back in place.
So, to those who answered this post.. Thank you very much.
Being that you are a moderator, I suppose you could just remove my post, as I have solved the problem.

Best Regards,

Jeff aka shreddingskin

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Artistic filter has vanished - Reply to topic