Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I'd like a REAL answer - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post Wed May 16, 2007 10:48 am   Reply with quote         

So, my entry for today was removed for being "inappropriate".

Really.

So...I can't use another photo of my kids...to put on top of the source for today...which just happens to be a photo...of MY kids?

So...by that logic...then this entry should be removed as well:
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/107507/votes.html

I mean...it's not like EVERYONE has access to a 3D program to render a rear view.

And it's not like people here haven't done the same thing I did before.

I need to know exactly WHY it was so inappropriate.

Had I used a front view, would that have been taken down as well?

Couldn't someone have asked me to replace it or remove it?

Post Wed May 16, 2007 10:52 am   Reply with quote         

So, Alex...according to your logic in chat...Beet had an unfair advantage when he posted a rear view of Gordonk. And I'm not picking on ya Beet, I'm just trying to make a point.

Alex

Post Wed May 16, 2007 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

I guess he did, yeah. I give you that... I would've said the same thing.

Post Wed May 16, 2007 11:04 am   Reply with quote         

Shocked wait, I don't get it, he USED the source picture, and blended another source into it! so there are the source kids, and 2 more kids which he photoshoped into the source (which happened to be the same two kids but in a different position) and thats wrong somehow? I guess I don't understand the problem here.

I could understand if he used a completely different picture, but he didn't, he USED the source provided here, and an outside source. This is sooo completely wrong. Shouldn't have been pulled IMPO.

So If I google a fighter plane when we have a fighter plane source, and blend it into the source fighter plane scene and it just so happens to be the same exact model as the source... is that going to get pulled too?

Post Wed May 16, 2007 11:05 am   Reply with quote         

link to the original ifin ya can?

deshone

Post Wed May 16, 2007 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

Removing was maybe a bit to harsh ...

Granulated

Post Wed May 16, 2007 11:08 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Shocked wait, I don't get it, he USED the source picture, and blended another source into it! so there are the source kids, and 2 more kids which he photoshoped into the source (which happened to be the same two kids but in a different position) and thats wrong somehow? I guess I don't understand the problem here.

I could understand if he used a completely different picture, but he didn't, he USED the source provided here! This is sooo completely wrong. Shouldn't have been pulled IMPO.

maybe because 99% of voters don't even know who submitted the photo and might assume that the second pair of kids were an awesome piece of chopping/manipulation of the actual source kids and therefore feel obliged to vote for it, maybe, kinda ?

TheShaman

Post Wed May 16, 2007 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

deshone wrote:
Removing was maybe a bit to harsh ...

A BIT?

A LOT HARSH! He didn't do anything technically wrong! HE USED THE SOURCE PROVIDED! and a perfect outside source, he didn't just use the other outside source and call it a day people GEEZ

Post Wed May 16, 2007 11:12 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:

maybe because 99% of voters don't even know who submitted the photo and might assume that the second pair of kids were an awesome piece of chopping/manipulation of the actual source kids and therefore feel obliged to vote for it, maybe, kinda ?

Rolling Eyes the only wrong doing here (if there is any) is not listing the other source, which almost NOONE does now. but still, he used the source! and it isnt like that one jail cell contest where some asshat found the exact same building we were using, just entered the new perspective and called it his new creation....

Should not have been pulled. Who cares if he had another view of the same kids? Like Sean said; he used the source and it was blatantly obvious that the external was just another shot of the kids from a different angle/time-frame.

Nobody really complained about Sean's usage of a different angle of the source that he took (http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/94026/crusades-action-figures.html).

Put it back. Mad

vokaris
Site Moderator

Fight !!! Fight !!! I don't understand a bit of this discussion, but I'm ready to watch from the sidelines - GO FOR IT !!!

Alex

Post Wed May 16, 2007 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

I could understand if he used a completely different picture, but he didn't, he USED the source provided here, and an outside source. This is sooo completely wrong. Shouldn't have been pulled IMPO.

So If I google a fighter plane when we have a fighter plane source, and blend it into the source fighter plane scene and it just so happens to be the same exact model as the source... is that going to get pulled too?

The outside source you're talking about... he is the only one in the world who can have/take it. So that's unfair. Got it? I can't google digitalpharaoh kids... I tried.

Post Wed May 16, 2007 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
maybe because 99% of voters don't even know who submitted the photo...

But the photo's submitter is shown on the entries page! It flat-out says "submitted by digitalpharaoh".

Submit it again DP and I'll vote for it again.

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Wed May 16, 2007 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
So, my entry for today was removed for being "inappropriate".

Really.

So...I can't use another photo of my kids...to put on top of the source for today...which just happens to be a photo...of MY kids?

So...by that logic...then this entry should be removed as well:
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/107507/votes.html

I mean...it's not like EVERYONE has access to a 3D program to render a rear view.

And it's not like people here haven't done the same thing I did before.

I need to know exactly WHY it was so inappropriate.

Had I used a front view, would that have been taken down as well?

Couldn't someone have asked me to replace it or remove it?

It's a matter of ethics. Your intention probably was not to deceive people into thinking you did the photoshop work to make their arms be hanging down instead of stuck out, or for the change in head angles, but there will some people who did not realize this and will give you votes thinking you did spectacular, very authentic looking ps work. And the bottom line is not that it was any particular outside source that you integrated (we all remember claudio's watermelon sculpture, though not his own work, was a source that anyone could have found) This is one that you took of an alternate angle of your very own source image and that gives you a unique, unfair advantage in that respect. If it was ok to do that, then why wouldn't most source photographers take advantage of that? It's because they know it's wrong and I'm not sure that it's written anywhere, but it has always been an unwritten mod rule that we should enforce this, if any source photographer were to try to get by with it. If we weren't consistent enough with this duty in the past, I apologize...
TheShaman

Post Wed May 16, 2007 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

Alex wrote:

The outside source you're talking about... he is the only one in the world who can have/take it. So that's unfair. Got it? I can't google digitalpharaoh kids... I tried.

so great, I get your point, he does have an advantage there, didn't bother me. & he wasn't even close to first place with 5 votes.

And I get what Billtv is saying too. just seems rather unfair to pull it like he's some sort of criminal

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I'd like a REAL answer - Reply to topic