Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Spring H2H '07 link - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

cafn8d

Post Mon May 21, 2007 8:36 am   Reply with quote         

It's been sent via e-mail and posted in forums and chats, but I just thought it would be nice to have it handier on the homepage.
http://photoshopcontest.com/tournament/5/index.html
Click on your match-up and get the starting image. Remember, once you upload your entry,
YOU MAY NOT UPDATE / EDIT / CHANGE IT IN ANY WAY.

For future reference, the link is found at Contests > special events > Spring '07 H2H Tournament

Good luck, everyone!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon May 21, 2007 8:42 am   Reply with quote         

were emails sent out over the last couple of days to notify any early signer's up that may not frequent the site often that this has started? I can't remember if an email was sent out or not.

If not, may be an idea to try and stop no shows to all participants Smile

cafn8d

Post Mon May 21, 2007 8:47 am   Reply with quote         

I got this e-mail yesterday:

The long awaited head-to-head competition is finally here. The pictures are ready and are waiting to be chopped! This year’s H2H will start this coming Monday at 8:00 in the morning (Eastern Standard Time).

As no clear preference could be recognized in the recent poll, this competition will give you two days to submit an entry and two days to vote. Gifs will not be allowed. This year the maximum image dimension will be set to 700x700 pixels. In addition the file size was increased from 125KB to 250KB per image. This will allow further chopping flexibility.

The heavy “8:20AM” synchronization processes were changed to be now running at around 7:30AM. This should allow everybody to download the contest image without any problems. Last minute uploading should also be possible.

I apologize for the delay in getting everything set up and hope you will all be enjoying this annual tradition to the fullest!

More details: http://photoshopcontest.com/tournament/5/index.html

Post Mon May 21, 2007 8:49 am   Reply with quote         

I think my email came yesterday...and I posted the size limits in regular chat.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon May 21, 2007 9:04 am   Reply with quote         

yes I got it too, just checked, ignore me Laughing

Post Mon May 21, 2007 9:29 am   Reply with quote         

Ignored.

Laughing

Post Mon May 21, 2007 9:45 am   Reply with quote         

I still didn't get it? I just got the first email talking about the tournament a week ago or so. I'm not sure what the problem is?

cafn8d

Post Mon May 21, 2007 9:55 am   Reply with quote         

Instead of being sent out at the beginning of the sign-up period, the e-mail was sent to fish for a just few more people after we already had an open sign-up for a couple of weeks. We only needed about 10 or so more people to reach a 96 cut. But the e-mail advertisement brought enough people to reach the 128 cut off. It was frozen at 128 players while around 150 total signed up. The recruiting e-mail was far more effective than anticipated. I think things will be smoother next year. Sorry if you missed it this year. Confused

TheShaman

Post Mon May 21, 2007 10:11 am   Reply with quote         

OK done with mine! Cool

Post Mon May 21, 2007 10:11 am   Reply with quote         

H2H '07. The Confusion Tour! Laughing

Post Mon May 21, 2007 10:20 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
OK done with mine! Cool

Bastard!

Laughing

Does Sean get a special prize now for first entry submitted?

Laughing

Post Mon May 21, 2007 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

Good Luck Everyone!!

I'll be sitting out the H2H this year, would love to have done it but too many other commitments.
Can't wait to see everyone's entries!
Cool

TheShaman

Post Mon May 21, 2007 10:35 am   Reply with quote         

HEY! what can I say.. I like to chop fast... cause when I take too much time on chops, they always fail.

my prize? being able to breathe now that I'm not worried about what the hell I'm going to do for this entry Laughing

Post Mon May 21, 2007 11:05 am   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
Instead of being sent out at the beginning of the sign-up period, the e-mail was sent to fish for a just few more people after we already had an open sign-up for a couple of weeks. We only needed about 10 or so more people to reach a 96 cut. But the e-mail advertisement brought enough people to reach the 128 cut off. It was frozen at 128 players while around 150 total signed up. The recruiting e-mail was far more effective than anticipated. I think things will be smoother next year. Sorry if you missed it this year. Confused

I signed up plenty early, I was just mentioning the email problem. I received the sign-up email after sign ups were even allowed....and I haven't received the reminder email that you guys are talking about. I think others are having that problem too....?

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Mon May 21, 2007 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

ncsubrad wrote:
cafn8d wrote:

I signed up plenty early, I was just mentioning the email problem. I received the sign-up email after sign ups were even allowed....and I haven't received the reminder email that you guys are talking about. I think others are having that problem too....?

What's the problem? You're in the H2H.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Spring H2H '07 link - Reply to topic