Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H rules... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Thu May 31, 2007 8:58 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:

I kinda noticed that as well. Will be interesting to see the larger versions of the chops and get a few explanations after this round is over.

Evil or Very Mad

yeah! I can't say I was very enthusiastic with MANY entries in round 2.... generally dissapointed!

Stevster

Post Thu May 31, 2007 9:33 am   Reply with quote         

The entries aren't very good because the source pic isn't very good. I think if it were at least in focus the chops would have been a bit cleaner. Confused

Post Thu May 31, 2007 9:37 am   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
The entries aren't very good because the source pic isn't very good. I think if it were at least in focus the chops would have been a bit cleaner. Confused

yeah well, a good chopper is seen in sources like this IMHO

Stevster

Post Thu May 31, 2007 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

Yes.. talent will prevail this round but the quality of the source image still sucked. Cool

Post Thu May 31, 2007 9:50 am   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
Yes.. talent will prevail this round but the quality of the source image still sucked. Cool

I couldn't agree more!! Laughing Laughing

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu May 31, 2007 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

I could agree more, infact I will..... more.... agree that is.

ummmmm

ahem, carry on Confused

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Thu May 31, 2007 11:48 am   Reply with quote         

No matter which image I choose, somebody will always complain, right?

Post Thu May 31, 2007 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:

You can choose whatever image you want Proc. I'm just saying it would be nice to have it IN FOCUS. I never complain about anything here at PSC, just wanted to explain why the entries were not as impressive like in the first round of H2H.

Everyone can have an opinion, right?

Post Thu May 31, 2007 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:

sorry proc.. don't know if you're a chopper yourself but that source pic gave me a hard time.. it was.. how can i say, out of the ordinary? which is a good thing in a way but, what stevster said..

armogeden

Post Thu May 31, 2007 12:00 pm   Reply with quote         

well the source pic forced me to try a style i had never really tried before, but I gave it my all and I think it turned out well Very Happy next round make the source something slightly simpler! Smile

arcaico

Post Thu May 31, 2007 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:

Yes.

And Sliver, it's true... no matter which source he picks, people will always complain. Mainly because a good source for you is not necessarily a good source for marco, and so on... The point is, the source is there, is that, and chop it it's your own personal problem. Wink Ya want that shiny lifetime advantage? Go get it then! Nobody said it was gonna be easy. Laughing

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Stevster

Post Thu May 31, 2007 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
Procyon wrote:

Yes.

And Sliver, it's true... no matter which source he picks, people will always complain. Mainly because a good source for you is not necessarily a good source for marco, and so on... The point is, the source is there, is that, and chop it it's your own personal problem. Wink Ya want that shiny lifetime advantage? Go get it then! Nobody said it was gonna be easy. Laughing

You have never complained about a source pic Arc?

MoLinKo

Post Thu May 31, 2007 3:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:

Yes... But that source was especially crappy. If we want to see better entries in the later rounds, I think we will need better sources.

Here's the last 12 contest that had 70+ entries. Maybe this can help give an idea of what kind of sources people like to use:

Post Thu May 31, 2007 3:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Cherree wrote:
I'd like to make a suggestion for the next H2H contest. I have trouble voting for an image that uses less than 25% of the source image. Sometimes I have to go back to the original just to find where the source was used. I found this to be more prevalent in the 2nd round. I'm not sure how this could be implemented, or anyone else has a problem with this.

Cherree

I have to say that I thought that this whole thing was about manipulating the source, and that it didn't necessarily have to be easily identifiable? What would be the concern if you didn't see the source, but they used all the colours from the source; isn't that still using the source? of if the source is so warped/manipulated, that it hard to identify, isn't it still using the source?

Post Thu May 31, 2007 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
arcaico wrote:
Procyon wrote:

Yes.

You have never complained about a source pic Arc?

Who...ARC??? You must have him confused with someone else.
Wink Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H rules... - Reply to topic