Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Source Images - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Tue May 22, 2007 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

like i said before, it would be nice to see if images are rejected (just a number would be fine).

anyway, your image only shows as accepted if and only if it gets through the vote sources round (seen one or two of my 17 images there but it never won the voting (yet), so it's still not 'accepted')

Post Tue May 22, 2007 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok thanks for the explanation, so now we know where to think about when we make or upload photo's! Hm my damn camera is broken Shocked I guess you don't accept cell-phone pics right? Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue May 22, 2007 1:37 pm   Reply with quote         

DaVinci wrote:
Ok thanks for the explanation, so now we know where to think about when we make or upload photo's! Hm my damn camera is broken Shocked I guess you don't accept cell-phone pics right? Laughing

If you can hold still enough to take a good pic with your phone then Bow

DaVinci

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:02 am   Reply with quote         

I want my pictures on PSC Confused They are pretty cool if I say so myself..better than flower nr.133 or statue nr.94...come on! Please!? Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:13 am   Reply with quote         

I just had one accepted. keep squeaking Mark, you'll get greased eventually Laughing

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:58 pm   Reply with quote         

is this better? check the page again and let me know if it works.

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh this is much better, I say Very Happy

Also a question: If image doesn't win, is it rejected or recycled to voting queue again?

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Since yer on the subject--this whole week the majority of choices are ones that were being complained about in threads last year. When an image gets voted down like forty times, maybe its time to give it up.

bigbuck

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
is this better? check the page again and let me know if it works.
Nice!

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

like the new feature (at least I think it's new)

Quote:
You have had submitted 13 original images.
You have had 1 original images accepted and 3 rejected.
4 of your submitted images are currently in the voting queue.

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:56 pm   Reply with quote         

heh, I've submitted at least 20, although it only says I've submitted 8. I assume that's because I submitted them over a year ago before it said you had submitted any. only 2 have been used.

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:05 pm   Reply with quote         

What I don't get is the voting on source pictures. Do you accept the photos, and then people have to vote for them to ever get accepted into the contest queue? What happens if a picture never gets voted for? Will it ever make it into the contest, or does it just keep reappearing until people have voted for it? And if that's the case, what's the point of people voting if its just gonna end up in the queue anyway? Razz

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:59 pm   Reply with quote         

How it works: I review all images and accept/reject them. If I accept an image, it is in the voting queue. You guys vote on it and if it gets the most votes it is accepted. If I reject an image, it is rejected.

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:08 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Since yer on the subject--this whole week the majority of choices are ones that were being complained about in threads last year. When an image gets voted down like forty times, maybe its time to give it up.

Yup, gonna add a feature that let's you vote off an image. Conditions would be something like: image has least votes 3 times.

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Cool addition, Procyon, showing the number of images rejected and number of ones currently in the voting queue! Would it be possible to have the numbers link to the original file names so we can see which ones have been rejected? It need not be as detailed as Shaman's suggestion, although that would be very nice. I would also like to suggest that rotated images should not be rejected out-of-hand. Not only do we know how to rotate images, but the sideways perspective may lead to some interesting chops. Better yet would be to allow the same dimensions on both axes, like in the H2H contest, so vertically oriented images could be acceptable. (This would also be very nice for contest entries, imho!)

Also, I'd like to re-nominate a suggestion I've seen Splodge make:
splodge wrote:
the button should be more prominent.
we were talking about this in chat a few months ago, there should be 21 options to vote for.
top 7 are auto sellected,
middle 7 are resubmitted,
bottom 7 are deleted, never to be seen again, but,,,,,,,,, we need a lot more voters for this to work, also at least 14 new pix submitted by you lot each week,
any coders out there who could make this work?

(As seen in this thread.)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Source Images - Reply to topic