Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - built in sound card - Reply to topic

splodge

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:40 pm   Reply with quote         

my current sound card is built into my mother board,(RC410L/800-2M) it is screwed, worked when it wanted, mic never worked good, i've bought a new plug and play sound card from ebay, should be here tomorrow/day after, i could do with a few pointers as to overriding the built in card, speeker are trying to work as i'm typing this, i soooooo hate realtec, i've done everything in trouble shoot, and then some, bios, dos, done the lot, i dont want a fix for my old card just want to override it,
votes for help Smile

Hallcross Toots
Oscar

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:37 pm   Reply with quote         

votes for help Laughing

Disable the build in sound card in BIOS and uninstall the driver, actually is better to uninstall the driver and then disable the sound in BIOS. Very Happy

is it a PCI card?

I don't know much but can I get at least one vote Embarassed

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't know a ton about new audio cards going into new
computers (it's been almost a decade since I've ever replaced an
audio card, and it wasn't plug-n-play back then) but I think most cards nowadays come with all the drivers and software you need to automatically override that.

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
my current sound card is built into my mother board,(RC410L/800-2M) it is screwed, worked when it wanted, mic never worked good, i've bought a new plug and play sound card from ebay, should be here tomorrow/day after, i could do with a few pointers as to overriding the built in card, speeker are trying to work as i'm typing this, i soooooo hate realtec, i've done everything in trouble shoot, and then some, bios, dos, done the lot, i dont want a fix for my old card just want to override it,
votes for help Smile
are you doing this now since you don't have the new card? it will be easier to do after the card is installed because it will give you the choice to pick the new one and i don't need votes for replying to this topic ok. best of luck dude.

Synthvet

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:01 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
I don't know a ton about new audio cards going into new
computers (it's been almost a decade since I've ever replaced an
audio card, and it wasn't plug-n-play back then) but I think most cards nowadays come with all the drivers and software you need to automatically override that.

Mason.....that means you were replacing audio cards when you were what.......Seven?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

MindGraph

Post Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:05 pm   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
splodge wrote:
votes for help Smile
are you doing this now since you don't have the new card? it will be easier to do after the card is installed because it will give you the choice to pick the new one and i don't need votes for replying to this topic ok. best of luck dude.

yep...wait. I've never had to do anything but hook up the new card and plug into it and mine bypassed the built in.

splodge

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:58 am   Reply with quote         

thanks folk, i'll let you know how it goes when the new card gets here

Hallcross Toots
TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:12 am   Reply with quote         

I've seen some sound cards that are not accessible via the BIOS. If your's isn't then you can disable it in the device manager.

Just click on the device and use the "Do not use this device in any hardware profiles". Check this setting for all of the "Sound, game & video controller" entries in your device manager before you add your new card.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - built in sound card - Reply to topic