Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - TheRealDeal - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:02 pm   Reply with quote         

When I first decided to join the tourney as an alias, the starting date was set between may 15th 2007 and april 20th 2009… or was it? Since I wasn’t sure about if I could chop or not all the way to the final (maybe) due to different things and didn’t want to be blacklisted, I decided to create a different account. I should’ve just stayed out as Claf, ReyRey, led and many others did, but I didn’t. My bad.

I never thought about the unfair factor knowing who my opponent was and him staying in the dark. And because of that, this match is all but fair for deshone. We both agreed on that. That’s why I asked BTVS and it shouldn’t be no problem… no matter the result of TheRealDeal and deshone match up, desh will move on to round 2.

Sorry about that.

Alex

arcaico

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:13 pm   Reply with quote         

looks like someone got out of the closet... Laughing

edit: hmmm... where´s tofu post? it was here right now...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

deshone

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Honestly ... great joke ... wished you had signed up as the real Alex ... the H2H needs as much great choppers as it can get ...

Stevster

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:16 pm   Reply with quote         

shouldn't the best chop win no matter who you are? Rolling Eyes

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:16 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
looks like someone got out of the closet... Laughing

edit: hmmm... where´s tofu post? it was here right now...

I pulled the first post after I realized I misread Alex's message. At first I thought desh was in on the whole thing. Now I realize that's not the case. I applaud the Alex for bowing out rather than blindsiding desh.

But doesn't this hilight the practice of, basically, "sandbagging" on an entry? In other words a power chopper is matched up against someone like me. Since they know I'm not very good the power chopper only does just enough to beat me. Seems like it's a little disrespectful to not put in your full effort just because you're playing the third string.

I'd rather get my ass handed to me by a kick-ass chop rather than a half-assed chop. Sad

arcaico

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
But doesn't this hilight the practice of, basically, "sandbagging" on an entry? In other words a power chopper is matched up against someone like me. Since they know I'm not very good the power chopper only does just enough to beat me. Seems like it's a little disrespectful to not put in your full effort just because you're playing the third string.

would you kill a fly with a nuclear bomb tofu?

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
I'd rather get my ass handed to me by a kick-ass chop rather than a half-assed chop. Sad
I'll try to do my best, Mr. Tofu Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stevster

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Ouch! Shocked

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Soo... you mean...
You're not fugue!?! pale

Oh, the trickery... The agony.... The humor... Laughing

Ok, so the question is: Why did you post 10 crappy chops as TheRealDeal? Why not make them you best effort as well?

Cool

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:34 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:

would you kill a fly with a nuclear bomb tofu?

I totally understand your point. But I don't agree with that analogy being the correct in this instance.

Say a new member that sees the H2H and thinks it might be fun. So the new member powers through 10 entries so that he can qualify to participate in the H2H (much like many do just to be able to vote).

The new member's first H2H matchup is set and they do a kick ass chop. Their higher seeded opponent thinks that they're up against a hack so they only do a mediocre chop. When the new member wins does the higher seed have a right to complain that they lost even though they didn't really try in the first place?

I guess it's just a gamble that some are willing to take. But if those people lose then they can't complain. I say let Alex keep going if he beats desh. Especially now that we all know who TheRealDeal is.

Plus I don't think it shows PSC's talent in a good light if all the chops are half-assed jobs just to get through to the next round.

Just my $.02

vokaris wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
I'll try to do my best, Mr. Tofu Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's all I ask. Laughing Wink

Micose

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:38 pm   Reply with quote         

._.
arcaico

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:40 pm   Reply with quote         

I understand yer point Tofu. But at least for me, chopping is time and energy consuming. I wouldn´t complain if I had lost for underestimating the opponent. But I personally rather save energy to when it´s needed... that´s what I did when I made top4 in 2005... I did ok till I met desh and doodler... against them I went hardcore mode... and choked against the202... my change to yer 2 cents...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Alex

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Azionite wrote:
Ok, so the question is: Why did you post 10 crappy chops as TheRealDeal? Why not make them you best effort as well?
Cool

I'm the slowest of the slow choppers... Do ask why my pf has only 34 entries. I didn't have time for 10 top chops. The sign up was already running when I create TRD.

And TheRealDeal doesn't have adv. So he can't do top quality chops...
Wink

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:44 pm   Reply with quote         

It has all to do with knowing who your opponent is ... and in your example if i would underestimate a newbie and he or she would kick my ass then it's my own fault ... but i would never underestimate against a chopper like Alex ...

Post Thu May 24, 2007 3:47 pm   Reply with quote         

my thoughts

you shouldn't have used an alias.. period.

Nothing personal, but into respect of the consensus about aliases here at psc Smile

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - TheRealDeal - Reply to topic