Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - no shows - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

glennhanna

Post Wed May 23, 2007 6:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man..... what the hell? Must be finals week or something. I kicked your arse! I've got 100% of the vote. Thank goodness I planned on winning you anyway and only spent half the time chopping than I usually would. I'm not too mad... I figured the first round would have problems like this... the next rounds will be better.

arcaico

Post Wed May 23, 2007 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
Marx-Man..... what the hell? Must be finals week or something. I kicked your arse! I've got 100% of the vote. Thank goodness I planned on winning you anyway and only spent half the time chopping than I usually would. I'm not too mad... I figured the first round would have problems like this... the next rounds will be better.

for a second I thought this was a Marx-man post and even got confused... but then I remembered I have the Marx-man filter on... Laughing

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

armogeden

Post Wed May 23, 2007 6:40 pm   Reply with quote         

well bill's got 95 votes so far and it's only the first round! Shocked

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed May 23, 2007 6:55 pm   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
well bill's got 95 votes so far and it's only the first round! Shocked
Largely due to his pole position, IMHO. All the other one-sided matches are in the 60-80 votes range.

Dot

Location: Tacoma, WA since march 2010, born and raised in Belgium

Post Wed May 23, 2007 7:19 pm   Reply with quote         

This is just a thought here....but maybe if they had sent out the warning email that it was starting last monday a bit earlier..there would've been less no shows? Confused

glennhanna

Post Wed May 23, 2007 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Dot wrote:
This is just a thought here....but maybe if they had sent out the warning email that it was starting last monday a bit earlier..there would've been less no shows? Confused

For sure! And also if this had been scheduled months in advance, people could have had an easier time coordinating their schedules. I'm still not mad.... I'm just glad it's here. We did a lot of complaining to get this thing going, so it's kinda our fault for whining and we deserve the chaos. Next year, though... let's get it planned better.

nyxxie

Post Wed May 23, 2007 7:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Also, if they would have put an exact date and time on when the deadline was for uploading the photo, it would have been better, I think, instead up just saying when the voting would end. Also maybe longer chop times, three days, maybe. Sending out more notices. And also making people agree, in blood, that they'll show up. Razz

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed May 23, 2007 7:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Day 1. Number of votes (default order). Same thing sorted by number of votes. Red = one-sided match.

armogeden

Post Wed May 23, 2007 8:58 pm   Reply with quote         

nyxxie wrote:
Also, if they would have put an exact date and time on when the deadline was for uploading the photo, it would have been better, I think, instead up just saying when the voting would end. Also maybe longer chop times, three days, maybe. Sending out more notices. And also making people agree, in blood, that they'll show up. Razz

just send out a sh*te load of emails... if people don't know the particular date, an extra day to chop wont help them

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Wed May 23, 2007 9:19 pm   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
nyxxie wrote:

just send out a sh*te load of emails... if people don't know the particular date, an extra day to chop wont help them

emails were sent out, I say, rather than having to pay for this (that should never ever happen btw), is to have confirmation, have the emails sent a week or 2 prior to competition, see if people can start to compete for that week, anyone that can't make it, is excluded from the list and a replacement person is put in (for those that didn't make it, they will be designated as "waiting") Ideally, those that didn't make the cut and a new could be chosen first, or those that are first in line, alternative a simple random pick would suffice to ensure a fair pick.

If there are last min changes and a former competitior replies that he/she could compete, then there would be the possibility of putting him/her back in (after all, it is first come first served)

Regardless of all this, your still bound to see no shows I'm afraid, but this confirmation system does help confirm would be competitiors... maybe even marking their name in the bracket for everyone to see will help boost morale when it comes to this subject.... just my thoughts on it. Smile

FootFungas

Post Wed May 23, 2007 9:40 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:

Here's another thought that may dissuade no-shows. "Entry fee". Doesn't have to be much. Maybe $5 (you do the math for your country). Monies from the entry would go to the 1st place prize.

Either that or make it a bigger entry fee with a refund as long as you don't no-show.

I really wouldn't like that.
That would take a load of the fun out if you had to pay money.

bigbuck

Post Wed May 23, 2007 9:47 pm   Reply with quote         

It takes a load of fun out when people don't show.

Post Wed May 23, 2007 10:08 pm   Reply with quote         

A load of people can be fun to show.

MindGraph

Post Wed May 23, 2007 10:38 pm   Reply with quote         

I got a load of no shows in the back of my underwear Confused

Marx-Man

Post Thu May 24, 2007 7:42 pm   Reply with quote         

sorry i was a no show maybe next year... Rolling Eyes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - no shows - Reply to topic