Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Improvement? - Reply to topic

Tea Man

Post Wed May 30, 2007 10:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I've recently been looking at my posts and been wondering what I could do to improve them to make them better / maybe closer to a top 3 type of entry?

Could I get some suggestions to improve these two posts?

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/120584/car-lighter.html

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/120542/chopper.html

(don't be affraid to insult my posts or anything, I'm bad at the executions Sad )

Post Wed May 30, 2007 11:14 pm   Reply with quote         

the car lighter is the better of the two.......it's not a horrible execution, and you are able to tell what it is, but.....it is lacking in the idea category...seems like it needs to be in a scene, such as actully lighting a smoke or something. think: when would you ever see a cigerette lighter on a white background....give it a theme/scene/background....also the black end doesn't look rounded(looks kinda flat on the right)

on the motorcycle, I'm not really sure why you decided on making birds into a motorcycle, I don't really get the idea you are going for..... it's got lots of rough jagged edges which make it unappealing to the eye....observe the top voted posts and see what ideas and styles are winning, even try to recreate highly voted posts for practice, and don't be afraid to ask people how they do certain things.....I think alot of people here find it flattering that people want to learn how to create elements from their chops and are happy to share knowledge.

oh yeah.....preview chops for a few minutes before posting, maybe even step away for a few minutes then come back and look at them again. Try keeping images clearer and not blurred...resolution is important, make sure you preview the images at their full size

Keep on choppin, practice doesn't always make perfect, but it does help. Wink
You are off to a good start.

Tea Man

Post Wed May 30, 2007 11:53 pm   Reply with quote         

better?

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu May 31, 2007 4:39 am   Reply with quote         

I like the other idea better,m it just needed to be smaller as to not stretch the visual constraints of the jpeg sizings and cause the low res look. This new version is ok, but the black background really kills it in my opinion, then also the matter that the perspective has been stretched if you look of the lighter.

The original idea was simple yet effective, just needed to be smaller visually. Smile

Tea Man

Post Thu May 31, 2007 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

alright, thanks for the suggestions.

Should i have done a background on the bike one?

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:18 am   Reply with quote         

no I think the bike one justified no bg, white works great with some ideas as the site is white and it looks quite classy, before the site change, not so much Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Improvement? - Reply to topic