Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H late entry - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:35 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
now that I can agree with.

so say we all?

Doesn't matter what we say...

Proc has spoken... so be it!
Razz

armogeden

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
Ok, no mod's posting here, so I'll do it. I think your entry is really great and I most likely would've voted for it.
I don't like to say this, but unfortunately this will be no different for you. The contest is not fair anymore, as most people already voted and you posted your image here. If I posted your picture in the H2H now everybody would know who created which picture, which defeats the purpose of the anonymous voting.

Arc showed his work BEFORE the dead line, meaning it was still fair to others if I uploaded it. 2 others were already refused to upload their images to the H2H.
I had exams in April and know what it is like. Since you're able to prove that you created an entry, I don't think you should be banned from future H2H.

ok thats true, I just don't want to banned from further contests Smile

Sorry for ruining the anonymity of the contest Sad

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:31 pm   Reply with quote         

you big fat ruiner Armo Laughing

armogeden

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing can't you love me for who I am

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry I was absent and didn't reply to this thread. I had exams. Laughing

In round 2 everyone has already successfully posted in round 1, meaning they recieved the Email notification and are aware of the rules and deadlines.

In my opinion, and no offense intended...if you don't post SOMETHING in round two before the deadline, you really have no excuse. Even though your opponent was gracious enough to say s/he didn't care, that has no bearing on the rules to these tournaments.

IMHO (H = Humiliated in round 1 because I was too busy and just posted crap) If you realize you're not going to be able to get something together that's any good, the best thing to do is PM your opponent and let them know that so they aren't spending 4 hours trying to kick your ass. Then you should slap together some kind of post that will keep you from being banned from the next H2H. Post it in time and bow out without all this controversy.

You would then have successfully followed the rules and have been permitted in the next H2H without starting a thread, involving everyone else (including proc-star) and wasting your opponent's time.

I did like your image though, even though it's late and broke all the rules. Wink

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:54 am   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
proc gone off somewhere so I think I'll post my entry here

anyway, if you like it maybe you could save your vote or something. Or if this is out of order then you mods can delete this post Smile

I really like this... It's different than anything else posted. It would've gotten my vote.

Sorry you didn't make it in on time. Sad

buglover

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:07 am   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:

… the best thing to do is PM your opponent and let them know that so they aren't spending 4 hours trying to kick your ass…

Cool that's an awesome idea for next entry…
… Then you should slap together some kind of kick ass post yourself. Post it in time and blow up the whole contest with a lot of controversy. Laughing

no seriously, I think the main problem is to find the right time to pm the opponent, cause U will know that U don’t have enough time – if U don’t have enough time. So mostly at the end of the uploadtime, and in this case most work of the opponent will already been done. Confused

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:48 am   Reply with quote         

ok this is actually what happened. It was tuesday and the thing is due in 1pm here the next day. I thought I'd have plenty of time to finish the entry in the morning having started it before hand. I set my alarm for 8am and went to sleep. woke up 12:30 pm Doh! Argh , went down stairs and realised I only had 20 minutes to get in an entry. I panicked and pm'ed photolicious to let him know that i probably couldn't post and that i was extremely sorry. But I figured maybe if I started it I could submit it an hour or two later with a fair amount of votes lost as punishment. Anyways long story short PL was fine with that but proc wasn't so fair enough really.

I just panicked about not being able to enter. Thinking back I really should have just posted what I had Smile Sorry PL Confused

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:05 am   Reply with quote         

The last time I heard the alarm clock at 8am was in a past life.....

TheShaman

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:07 am   Reply with quote         

Sliver wrote:
The last time I heard the alarm clock at 8am was in a past life.....

truth. mine goes off at 4:45am M-F
I get to 'sleep in' until 7am on the weekends.. unless of course the kids wake me (they get up when the roosters crow) in other words the crack of freakin dawn.

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:14 am   Reply with quote         

I just naturally wake at 4amish give or take 10 mins, damn I am weird Confused

armogeden

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:16 pm   Reply with quote         

seriously? being an adult sucks Laughing

marcoballistic

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:14 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah life ends at 19 Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H late entry - Reply to topic