Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I DONT GET IT! - Reply to topic

Micose

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:59 am   Reply with quote         

What time is it ????? PSC said : move 1h backrward few days ago and now u came back at the winter time ???? its jus like Twilightt Zone: i swear to God its fuked up: how come today i wanted tod o the voting knowing its was only 2:30pm at my clocks so that means that for PSC its -7 + 7:30pm and not 8:30pm like its looks like to be today ...so i missed the voting...but i missed any explication about this weird affair...anyone?

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:03 am   Reply with quote         

Micose- Psc time is 1003 am EDT at this posting you moved the clocks forward an hour last week right?

Micose

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:46 am   Reply with quote         

dunno....dont get it....u people moved 1 hour forward ? or backward? - Embarassed
(we moved a shit yet overhere ...i have to precise...;when we do so, in few weeks, there will be even more difference)...how stupid is all this.....USA and Europe doesnt move hour the same day at all...but whatever....changing hour sucks...

Micose

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

do now we have 7 hours diff between u and me but...thats what i dont understand: i wanted to vote between 3:00 pm (my time) ( when we have only 6 hours diff, i swould have voted before 2:00pm)...but the contest was ...over! it shouldnt be 8:am yet at ur p^lace! damn im so confused.....brain cells hurting....lol

Maliciously Delicious

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
What time is it ????? PSC said : move 1h backrward few days ago and now u came back at the winter time ???? its jus like Twilightt Zone: i swear to God its fuked up: how come today i wanted tod o the voting knowing its was only 2:30pm at my clocks so that means that for PSC its -7 + 7:30pm and not 8:30pm like its looks like to be today ...so i missed the voting...but i missed any explication about this weird affair...anyone?

google is your friend... Laughing

- Alexander Graham Bell
annajon

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Remember this little trick

Fall (end of the Summertime) back
Spring (begin Summertime) forward

So Summertime is one hour forward 2 becomes 3.
And Wintertime is one hour back 3 becomes 2.

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:01 pm   Reply with quote         

whatever TIME you were at last sunday Micose -just set the clock ahead one hour and you'll be on time here. We jumped an hour ahead. Annajon's got the rhyme.
fall BACK
Spring FORWARD

since it is 1pm eastern time or eastern daylight time here at this point Im typing.

then come fall we fall back an hour to eastern STANDARD time. I know when they throw in all the greenich mean time it gets confusing. I don't live in Greenich. Very Happy

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:07 pm   Reply with quote         

in about a weeks time it all sorts itself out and gmt comes back in line with crazy Yank time Razz

splodge

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:34 pm   Reply with quote         

i think the site is running on two time clocks, one set to host server time, the other set the GMT minus 5 hours, works great for most the year, then daylight savings happens earlier on the host server, 3 weeks later DLS happens on the GMT clock all is good again

Hallcross Toots
Micose

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:51 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Remember this little trick

Fall (end of the Summertime) back
Spring (begin Summertime) forward

So Summertime is one hour forward 2 becomes 3.
And Wintertime is one hour back 3 becomes 2.

This i understood..thats the point.....so why the hell the contest was ended when i wanted to vote (it was 2.30pm PAris time so its 2.30+6+1=9.....30....ooo shit oops shit Laughing Laughing im dumb....okay....... Laughing
Micose

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:54 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
whatever TIME you were at last sunday Micose -just set the clock ahead one hour and you'll be on time here. We jumped an hour ahead. Annajon's got the rhyme.
fall BACK
Spring FORWARD

since it is 1pm eastern time or eastern daylight time here at this point Im typing.

then come fall we fall back an hour to eastern STANDARD time. I know when they throw in all the greenich mean time it gets confusing. I don't live in Greenich. Very Happy

i wont change my clocks' time! Twisted Evil u people have to come back ayt one hour before cuz i just cant be awake before 2:00 pm ! Laughing okay so i will be obliged to figure out aa new moment in the day for voting....
anfa

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Mate, If you have firefox, download this! http://www.stemhaus.com/firefox/foxclocks/
It works for me with all the people on the planet with the wrong time! GMT rules!!! Smile

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I DONT GET IT! - Reply to topic