Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Of aliases, zombies, self inflicted spam, & stranger thi - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

As a paying member/customer I'd like this done about aliases

Lock all alias accounts

51%

51%

[ 32 ]

Limit alias account access to only chat

6%

6%

[ 4 ]

Block alias accounts from voting

11%

11%

[ 7 ]

Block alias accounts from voting and posting

11%

11%

[ 7 ]

Allow alias accounts-do nothing

19%

19%

[ 12 ]

Total Votes: 62

arcaico

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
fyi...how would you like to lose a comp due to member(s) who has/have multiple aliases and voted for another post? No, it ain't the end of the world but c'mon...it's not fair...in fact, it's annoying.

As a matter of fact, after jmh got rid of a few aliases, and therefore their votes and posts, my win counting raised by 3. That's true. 2 entries were tied for first, and I've lost cause I posted it late (meaning 1 vote for my opponent was from an alias, making me lose the contest) and 1 entry for 1 vote (meaning the entry ahead of me got TWO alias votes).

Ya still think aliases don't interfere in the voting process??

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

mightybeet
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:02 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
WHY WON'T YOU MODS PULL THIS STUPID CHOP!?!?!?!
COMOn MODS!!!!!
THERE IS NO SOURCE IN THIS AT ALL!!!!!
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/87169/tortila.html

you need to stop livin in the past! shave yer mullet off and find more poles!

L@rue: I'm eating a bag of bbq chips and drink a cocacola
Tawiskaro

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Is someone looking for Poles?

Tonto

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:04 am   Reply with quote         

Unless your using the name on your birth certificate? we are all an alias in one way or another. I personally don't give a rats backside if the chop I vote on is done by my ex wife or the man who invented Image ready. If the picture is something I like? I vote.

I wish I could use my MickeyInSa screen name but after Nancers banned me and deleted all my posts and art work? It was not easy to come back as Mickey, and since tonto is a name I use on many other boards I figured why not here?

The problem with deleting all my posts is that it did not allow the average poster to see for his or herself what really took place, I was getting gang raped by over 8 different screen names, So I decided to pull out the smack bat and I think I may have shattered some long time Egos in the process. After all I have been talking smack with wannabe smack talkers since 1996 in the Jim Rome Smack chat era. I will not let some amateur beat me. really, was I wrong to not sit back and be made a punk?

But that is all fire water under the photoshop bridge. all I have in this world is my word and my balls and I don't break them for anyone. so you want to ban me again then make a move.

we live in a world that has websites, and those websites have to be moderated . Whose gonna do it? You? ScionShade ?You, I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Chopper, and you curse the aliases. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Chopper's leaving, while tragic, probably saved contests. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves websites. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about in chat rooms, you want me on that chop, you need me on that chop. We use words like clone, layer, background. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent here at PSC. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who chops and posts under the blanket of the very freedom that I PSC owners provide, and then questions the manner in which they provide it. I would rather you just said thank you PSC, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a mouse, and start a chop. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

ReinMan

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:39 am   Reply with quote         

Shocked

I don't understand that all - but it WAS in english.

Those who are meant to understand, will.

Me? I go to bed with the thought that this topic has caused Tonto to speak like White Man. Scary.

Idea

supak0ma

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:59 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
Eve wrote:
fyi...how would you like to lose a comp due to member(s) who has/have multiple aliases and voted for another post? No, it ain't the end of the world but c'mon...it's not fair...in fact, it's annoying.

As a matter of fact, after jmh got rid of a few aliases, and therefore their votes and posts, my win counting raised by 3. That's true. 2 entries were tied for first, and I've lost cause I posted it late (meaning 1 vote for my opponent was from an alias, making me lose the contest) and 1 entry for 1 vote (meaning the entry ahead of me got TWO alias votes).

Ya still think aliases don't interfere in the voting process??

this happened to me as well, two more wins. Razz

Tonto speak like pale face???

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:42 am   Reply with quote         

ok maybe i'm gonna stick my nose where it don't belong... but i just sat here and read 5 ef'n pages about good and bad and angry about this and that... i'm new, im not an alias, i have fun here, but can i say something just from being a new guy... i have noticed one thing. and that is i see a lot of friends voting for friends here which is fine. i've made a few friends here and have been told a thing or two. i learn tricks and new things. i do not have advantage. i post late entries because i don't have that advantage of working on a chop in advance. thats fine it keeps me on my toes. also i turn out decent ones and some that have been rushed. but you guys need to calm down a little i think (nose in the wrong place starts now)... since i joined i have posted every entry that is avail to me. i think that the people that are/have alias' ok fine what ever i can see that if you have been burned and need a come back. using it to vote for your self bad idea. using it to vote for a friend bad idea. but i think that a lot of it may be from people not getting along here and having to start over from scratch because this place is wonderful and fun lets keep it clean and those of you that have an alias post the ones that you have here so others know if you want. but isn't an alias so that others don't know who you are? now i'm done and sorry for the bigg ass run on sentence. lol have fun w/ it people and pm me if you want to say some thing to me.
-matt-

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:50 am   Reply with quote         

Listen to you people..

Michel

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:44 am   Reply with quote         

Now, for all the graphic artists, let's get back to the topic and try to make sense of what has been said.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:46 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
If I had someone in my home who also hung at PSC,
I could express their views for them in forums and we could use up my votes together.

You express views for many people. Wink Laughing

Posting in the forums isn't the only thing that couples/multiples do.

Dot/Grefix - both post chops (from same computer could happen)
WendySmurfie/Goeny - both posted chops and forum posts from the same computer (before that friggin baby anyway)
RexMoss/Whats-her-name - both posted chops from same computer
QueenLaTiff/Zak - both have posted chops from the same computer

I'm sure there are others that I've forgotten. Strict IP-only policing could hurt these types of families (BF/GF, parent/child, husband/wife, etc.). Wendy & Goeny bemoaned how they couldn't both vote just because of the IP issue.

My son and daughter have both expressed an interest in chopping. Neither have done much to investigate further. But I'm trying to encourage them so it's conceivable that they may want to join PSC in the future. If they do then they'll effectively be aliases just going by IP addresses.

I'd personally love to see a mod post a listing of all the people with their aliases according to the IP logs. Me? I've got ONE alias that was created as a CYA thing when someone created the "marcoballistic " moniker to take jabs at marco. So I created "Tofu". Gee seems like I'm hiding behind a name there doesn't it? Smile

Final tidbit. There's ways around any IP filtering if someone were really intent on cheating the system. Of course that's probably beyond the skill set of most of the people here. Twisted Evil

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:53 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:

Final tidbit. There's ways around any IP filtering if someone were really intent on cheating the system. Of course that's probably beyond the skill set of most of the people here. Twisted Evil
private lessons can be given for a small fee though Twisted Evil

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

I have a question... rather a problem really... I know its off topic, but I need someone who knows computers better than I.

I do most of my chopping here at work... OK ALL of it. But I did like to browse the site at home during the weekends, but I have problems after logging on. Esp with my mailbox. I can go into the contests and view them, I can browse the forums, but as soon as I try to do 'anything' like vote, post a reply, or get my mail, it logs me back out?

I recently got a version of PS and would like to start chopping on the weekends (I never know when I might not be at my current job anymore) So what happens to my account, say I get fired? I'll only be able to chop if I go back to my old computer at my old work? Or I'll have to start a new account?

I don't know if this is an IP problem, or the fact that I'm on AOL at home? I can log on at my friends house, he has a cable modem, I have no problems there. Just at my house. So what I'm asking is what am I doing wrong?

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:05 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
I have a question... rather a problem really... I know its off topic, but I need someone who knows computers better than I.

I do most of my chopping here at work... OK ALL of it. But I did like to browse the site at home during the weekends, but I have problems after logging on. Esp with my mailbox. I can go into the contests and view them, I can browse the forums, but as soon as I try to do 'anything' like vote, post a reply, or get my mail, it logs me back out?

I recently got a version of PS and would like to start chopping on the weekends (I never know when I might not be at my current job anymore) So what happens to my account, say I get fired? I'll only be able to chop if I go back to my old computer at my old work? Or I'll have to start a new account?

I don't know if this is an IP problem, or the fact that I'm on AOL at home? I can log on at my friends house, he has a cable modem, I have no problems there. Just at my house. So what I'm asking is what am I doing wrong?

have you made a setting at work to log on automatically?

TheShaman

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:07 am   Reply with quote         

no I log out before I go home. That was one of the first things I've checked. Good question though.

I think its because I have a crap computer running AOL on dial-up Laughing

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:16 am   Reply with quote         

scion...

DILLIGAF, STFU, and GTFO!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Of aliases, zombies, self inflicted spam, & stranger thi - Reply to topic