Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - PSC, you have a problem! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:50 am   Reply with quote         

Still no problems for me. Might just be your internet connection acting up.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Death of a Clown wrote:
other sites I was browsing at the same time did not have any hiccups

Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:47 pm   Reply with quote         

i think it's dr evil psc messing with you!!!

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:45 am   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
Death of a Clown wrote:
other sites I was browsing at the same time did not have any hiccups

Well you could always add that site to your firewall.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:26 am   Reply with quote         

How very nice AGAIN - waiting for 15+ seconds for the front page (and not just the front page) to load. And, please, don't tell me it's my firewall or my browser settings or my Internet connection or my mother-in-law.

I don't know what the load on the server is, but not one single other website acts like this. This is the 21st century for crying out loud.... Evil or Very Mad Mad shakng2 shaking rambo Thumb down Hmmm Argh Raising Brow Mad

Tawiskaro

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:41 am   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
How very nice AGAIN - waiting for 15+ seconds for the front page (and not just the front page) to load. And, please, don't tell me it's my firewall or my browser settings or my Internet connection or my mother-in-law.

I don't know what the load on the server is, but not one single other website acts like this. This is the 21st century for crying out loud.... Evil or Very Mad Mad shakng2 shaking rambo Thumb down Hmmm Argh Raising Brow Mad

I am experiencing the same issues. Very bad the past couple of days. Today, it's awful. The screen loads and/or refreshes take upwards of thirty seconds. There is nothing wrong with my Internet connection. There's something amiss with the PSC site. I don't know if it's related, but I got the "Gray Screen of Death" with the database error message yesterday. It only lasted a few minutes, but it was right in the middle of a session with many load delays.

What gives?

Raising Brow

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:58 am   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
I also blocked this one - seems to make the page load a bit faster.

http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js

Hope it doesn't hurt the ad revenue bottom line

sure does, but I'd appreciate if you don't block the script that measures the site's statistics.

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:59 am   Reply with quote         

twk wrote:
vokaris wrote:

I am experiencing the same issues. Very bad the past couple of days. Today, it's awful. The screen loads and/or refreshes take upwards of thirty seconds. There is nothing wrong with my Internet connection. There's something amiss with the PSC site. I don't know if it's related, but I got the "Gray Screen of Death" with the database error message yesterday. It only lasted a few minutes, but it was right in the middle of a session with many load delays.

What gives?

Raising Brow

Probably me rebooting mysql. I posted a warning in the chat room.

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
twk wrote:
vokaris wrote:

What gives?

Raising Brow

Probably me rebooting mysql. I posted a warning in the chat room.

and it took about 10 seconds. you probably happend to load a page at that time, twk Smile

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
and it took about 10 seconds. you probably happend to load a page at that time, twk Smile
Yeah, right. I wish my 10 seconds in bed lasted as long as this morning's 'rebooting' Laughing Laughing Laughing

mikey

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:52 pm   Reply with quote         

A little trick I learned, while front page is loading, click contests and it will go there. Cool

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:

Makes sense. Apparently unrelated. Fwiw, load times are now normal. Could this simply be a traffic issue?

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
why did you put this on here Laughing i just woke up and the damn screaming makes me wanna go back to bead lol

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
Procyon
Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:37 pm   Reply with quote         

twk wrote:
Grefix wrote:

Makes sense. Apparently unrelated. Fwiw, load times are now normal. Could this simply be a traffic issue?

There are several reasons such as traffic and scripts. The more runs on a server, the slower it gets. A slow server is obviously not what I am trying to achive. Grefix helped me set up the R&D. I'll do a few tests with the ymcl issue and modify it here. Maybe you guys can then give me feedback.

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:49 pm   Reply with quote         

OK, can you guys test it again? It should ONLY be on the home page now and ONLY after loading the page first. Let me know how it loads now.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - PSC, you have a problem! - Reply to topic