Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - PSC, you have a problem! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Tawiskaro

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
OK, can you guys test it again? It should ONLY be on the home page now and ONLY after loading the page first. Let me know how it loads now.

I just logged out and killed IE. When I re-opened IE and went to PSC, the index page opened in 2 seconds flat (if you trust my hand-eye coordination). All subsequent pages have loaded briskly.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of scripts are running? What do they do? I have done a lot of VB6 programming, VBScript writing, and some VB.net coding. I have done nothing on the Web and virtually no HTML, but if I knew what you are running, I might have some thoughts on how to make it more efficient. Then again, I might not. What you guys are doing is out of my depth, I'm sure. Smile

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:24 am   Reply with quote         

There are a bunch of scripts that run on a daily basis. The ymcl however has nothing to do with scripts. The problem was that it was loading that first instead of the site. I changed that. I'd nice to hear from others.
Can somebody also give me an update on the 7:30AM issue when stats update. Is that better, worse or same?

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:52 am   Reply with quote         

Daily report - July 10, 2007

8:45 CST (9:45 PSC time) - waited over 60 seconds for the front page to load - it didn't. Flushed temp files and cache (including the login cookies) and the page loaded in under 1 second.
Logged in, waited for about 15 seconds for the front page to load, to be greeted with the not-so-rare mishmash at the bottom of the page.

8:51 (9:51 PSC time) front page loaded in 10 seconds, looks ok

9:07 (10:07 PSC) mishmash (same as the pic above) rears up its ugly head again. Firefox and IE. Logged in and logged out.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:32 am   Reply with quote         

9:29 (10:29 PSC) same issue - front page does not load when logged in. Flushed cookies, site loads like a charm. Logged in - get delayed on the front page, new mishmash - my single active entry has doubled (2 lines with the same info). Weekly leaders icons doubled (6 avis repeat twice on the same line)

9:33 (10:33 PSC) - loads ok, no mishmash

9:43 (10:43 PSC) - front page loads ok, contest/voting pages are vvvvveeeery ssssllllloooooowwww

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
front page loads ok, contest/voting pages are vvvvveeeery ssssllllloooooowwww

It's been that way on my end for a couple of days now...click the vote button and it takes FOREVER for the "Thank you" Page to come up.

Tawiskaro

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:12 am   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
9:29 (10:29 PSC) same issue - front page does not load when logged in. Flushed cookies, site loads like a charm. Logged in - get delayed on the front page, new mishmash - my single active entry has doubled (2 lines with the same info). Weekly leaders icons doubled (6 avis repeat twice on the same line)

9:33 (10:33 PSC) - loads ok, no mishmash

9:43 (10:43 PSC) - front page loads ok, contest/voting pages are vvvvveeeery ssssllllloooooowwww

I have seen the doubled icons, too, and I have also seen doubled running tallies for my contest entries--but not since yesterday. Today is fine.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:01 pm   Reply with quote         

10:54 (11:54 PSC time) another 60+ seconds waiting for the front page to load. Another mishmash - Active contests tripled, Weekly leaders doubled.

That's it for me for now. Keep up the good work. Maybe I'll try again in the early AM hours, when there are, hopefully, less than 10 users at the same time.

Proc, I am deeply sorry for crashing the server. And the database. And the latency time. And all the other things I did so horribly wrong Crying or Very sad

And fellow choppers, sorry - no votes - I ran out of patience.

MindGraph

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

it is getting irritating. Just to post this message was 30 seconds to get into the box to type it. Front page continually drags to where I don't go into the site because I know if I'm waiting for the front page to load the rest is going to drag too. Voting is tough as well. Not sure what the issue is and not trying to smash anyone as I don't know web issues or how to deal with them but if something can be done and kept consistent (not just a week) can or is it being worked on? Mad Rolling Eyes

MindGraph

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
There are a bunch of scripts that run on a daily basis. The ymcl however has nothing to do with scripts. The problem was that it was loading that first instead of the site. I changed that. I'd nice to hear from others.
Can somebody also give me an update on the 7:30AM issue when stats update. Is that better, worse or same?

usually around 7:38 I just go offline because it's like an earthquake tremor. You get notice as things slowly begin to lag and then your just out. But it doesn't seem to be any particular time of the day that the front page has a struggle loading...morning or afternoon...doesn't matter. Are the scripts being run at different times or more to the late night/early morning?

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Code:
12:50:13  up 75 days, 19:46,  2 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.56, 1.59
163 processes: 159 sleeping, 2 running, 1 zombie, 1 stopped
CPU0 states:  58.4% user  14.0% system    0.0% nice   5.3% iowait  21.0% idle
CPU1 states:  46.4% user  23.0% system    0.0% nice   6.2% iowait  23.2% idle

looks ok now.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

I'll let you know when it gets bad (not that you won't be able to tell)

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
Code:

1 zombie???

Shocked

So THAT'S the problem!!!

There's ZOMBIES IN PSC!!!

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!

Confused

Laughing

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Code:
159 sleeping and 2 running - no surprise it's slow. More running! Less sleeping! Wake up and Chop Chop Chop Chop Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Laughing Laughing Laughing

bigbuck

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge problems here about 9.40-10.00am your time. Pages taking MINUTES to load, if at all. I gave up and went to bed. THis site never used to do this. It was always smooth and fast. Now it is simply crap.

Soze

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:05 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge problems here about 9.40-10.00am your time. Pages taking MINUTES to load, if at all. I gave up and went to bed. THis site never used to do this. It was always smooth and fast. Now it is simply crap.

agree.
Also in italy at 15.00 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - PSC, you have a problem! - Reply to topic