Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Leaving comments - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

armogeden

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:06 pm   Reply with quote         

lancoma wrote:
I write a comment on somebody work that blending was pretty bad and then I got PM that if I haven't got nothing nice to say that I don't say it at all.

I don't get this? Why are some of you expect only good and admiring critics? Why is so bad to tell someone that something that he or she done isn't good so he or she next time do it better?

depends on who it is. often newbies don't want help with their entries they just want praise, but that shouldn't happen. you do what you will - as long its constructive most people will appreciate your input

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:32 pm   Reply with quote         

WhimSea wrote:
Now I'm not going to name names... but there is a regular, an Advantage member who is constantly - just horribly - criticizing things - and he/she? does it to everyone...
Pick me!!! Pick me!!!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:43 pm   Reply with quote         

WhimSea wrote:
yeah, there is helpful insight and then there is just being down right nasty! what is up with that?

give 'em one of these...

Laughing (the things I hang onto...)

blue_lurker

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey that cards been doctored, here is the real card

ScionShade

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:00 pm   Reply with quote         

WhimSea wrote:
Now I'm not going to name names... but there is a regular, an Advantage member who is constantly - just horribly - criticizing things - and he/she? does it to everyone... I rarely see this member voting and not commenting or saying a nice thing! This person couldn't possibly be a teacher, good parent or counselor - definitely NOT a nurturer. When I read this member's comments my jaw drops and I can not believe they would say something so horrible!

and their entries? some of them winners - ok they're nice, but in no way are they perfect, lots of things that if judged by same person, would be torn to shreds.

yeah, there is helpful insight and then there is just being down right nasty! what is up with that?

Really? I look at almost every image that gets posted on this site and
this person you are describing, as far as I have seen ..does not exist. Does anybody know what Whimsea is talking about?

ScionShade

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:01 pm   Reply with quote         

lancoma wrote:
I got PM that if I haven't got nothing nice to say that I don't say it at all.

it's good you took it to a thread, some members use PMs to browbeat others. Love to know who it was..Pm me!

Oscar

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:11 pm   Reply with quote         

I want to know too... STOP PSC BULLIES!

ScionShade

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:14 pm   Reply with quote         

WAIT! I thought YOU were a bullY!

Oscar

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Smile

WhimSea

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:33 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="ScionShade"/quote]
Really? I look at almost every image that gets posted on this site and
this person you are describing, as far as I have seen ..does not exist. Does anybody know what Whimsea is talking about?[/quote]

if you're voting before that person gets in there, and not returning "to every single image" afterwards, then you're missing it...

ScionShade

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Look, no problem, we got pitchforks, torches, and a lil' something extra we like to call "The Greek Fire" all ready to go...all we need is a name.

ScionShade

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:47 pm   Reply with quote         

It took a little while but it did dawn on me who you mean Whimsea.
The guy joined PSc and somehow knew everybody that was like minded with him already.Had to be an alias...oh well..lotsa those around. I would say he isn't that incredibly rude, but he definately has never bothered to put any effort into being polite. He has given some fairly ok advice here and there, but I've never thought the guy was worth my time or consideration either. If you think he enjoys being an irritant as much as or more than being helpful, I agree 100%.

ReinMan

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Are you talking about *name witheld to protect the guilty*?? Shocked

Hal23

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:44 pm   Reply with quote         

My few cents.

We al know who are the recognized and "well known" choppers here. Comments are pretty effective on regulating the votes ammount. If some "well known " chopper leave the first comment on your post it can direct other votes. You can post a almost winning post but if someone famous say that one of your shadow is not placed well, other voters will read that comment and think "yea, he's right" so you will loose some votes from the worse posts which have no comments at all.

Of course, the actual true is that you need to participate in sites life, make a friends and the comments can direct votes your way (I sadid CAN, not WILL).

I'm not accusing anyone but I think that things are going that way. Nothing we can do but to adopt to the facts and STFUAC.

Me personaly, I respect my eventual mistakes to be revealed via PM, so i can even correct them but the mistake couldn't affect other votes. We are all humans and we react to the facts.

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Points well taken...but i take umbrage that "famous" choppers leaving a disparaging remark will effect votes. "Famous" choppers are too smart to do that.

Wait, I can think of one who has...a couple of times, but he doesn't count. Rolling Eyes

There's been many occasions where a clearly outside source has been used with little to no effort on the chop. It's been pointed out yet ppl still vote.

And, newbies, if anyone pm's you to try to influence you to vote, you should let a mod know.

my few cents Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Leaving comments - Reply to topic