Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Leaving comments - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

ReinMan

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:44 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
cherylm329 wrote:
In my experience here, I think getting to know the people and making a rep for yourself gains more votes than not. Of course, the images play a role, but not as firmly as one might think. Look at every persons vote count when they first started and look at it now, evidence is every where, haha. Shocked

Maybe that's because they have improved since being here?. Wink

Rey˛ (as usual) speaks de truth. When I got here I was incapable of typing more than three or four words together, wore geeky clothing, was very VERY shy, and was an accountant. I think I've come a LONG way BABY! Very Happy

lancoma

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:45 am   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
I can't believe you started a thread about this. Rolling Eyes

be careful, you're eyes may fall out Smile

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

lancoma wrote:
Stevster wrote:
I can't believe you started a thread about this. Rolling Eyes

be careful, you're eyes may fall out Smile

*crickets

lancoma

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:54 am   Reply with quote         

It's really hard to speak with someone when English isn't your foreign language Wink So cut your jokes to a little bit more understandable

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:55 am   Reply with quote         

I know I have definitely improved since joining this site.

And as I have said before, it is because of the comments and advice from my fellow choppers. I want constructive feedback, good or bad. It helps me to improve and want to learn more.

So go on a tell me that my shadows suck, my blending is bad, or my perspective is off. I will take anything that is said about my work and use it to my advantage.

And about leaving twatty comments like "perfect" and "winner, I believe leaving comments like this on entires that, of course could use more work (because nothing is perfect in this world) gives people a little encourgement, especially newbies. A few kind words once in awhile can go a long way.

Just my 2 cents Smile

Stevster

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:58 am   Reply with quote         

lancoma wrote:
It's really hard to speak with someone when English isn't your foreign language Wink So cut your jokes to a little bit more understandable

You tell a (new) member that their blending is BAD and then start a thread about a PRIVATE MESSAGE that they sent to you in confidence. Sorry if I seem a little short with you. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

lancoma

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
lancoma wrote:

You tell a (new) member that their blending is BAD and then start a thread about a PRIVATE MESSAGE that they sent to you in confidence. Sorry if I seem a little short with you. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

yap Smile everybody wants to know what I'm talking about

read my first question carefully one more time Wink

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:03 am   Reply with quote         

Stevster I don't wanna argue or discuss with you anymore. You win!

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:09 am   Reply with quote         

lancoma wrote:

I win?? Confused I'm not mad at you. Cool I'm Just trying to stick up for this person who probably doesn't even know about this thread.

lancoma

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:19 am   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
lancoma wrote:

I win?? Confused I'm not mad at you. Cool I'm Just trying to stick up for this person who probably doesn't even know about this thread.

don't moralise this so much... I didn't tell anyone the whole message and you lost the point of this topic Wink

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:21 am   Reply with quote         

lancoma wrote:

We could probably start a WHOLE new thread on this topic.
It is a challenge as we are a UNITED (well, semi-united) NATIIONS of Pixel Pushers.

We do NOT all speak English as our Mother Tongue (and NO jokes about my mother's tongue, damn you BLUE LURKER!). This can cause some challenges. My fiance is Persian and so English is her 2nd language. Even we make nasty mistakes in understanding each other time to time (like, I had NO idea that "take out the trash" in Farsi DIDN'T mean "go have another beer and relax" in English. Rolling Eyes )

Seriously, when you notice that a poster is posting from Croatia or Sudan or Ethiopia or Newfoundland, you gotta take a moment and realize that they may NOT get our "english" as clearly as we would like.

Again, folks, a little compassion DOES go a long way. Doesn't mean you have to talk baby talk around here (though there is MUCH of that Shocked ) but be patient and take deep breath before you shite down someone's neckhole because you believe them to be dissing, or putting you down.

----------------end of transmission---------------

Stevster

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:24 am   Reply with quote         

lancoma wrote:
Stevster wrote:
lancoma wrote:

don't moralise this so much... I didn't tell anyone the whole message and you lost the point of this topic Wink

Nevermind Rolling Eyes .....Welcome to PSC.

ScionShade

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

Lancoma, there's no one stopping you from going back to that image and saying ya didn't mean to be so harsh.
Rolling eyes at such a minor infraction is more rude than
what yer rolling yer eyes at.
We have older, better known people that make far less polite comments than just "BAD" everyday. Nobody rolls their eyes at them cause they're guaranteed votes.
And it's ok to mention ya got a private message, I dunno why that is supposed to be a secret Rolling Eyes

lancoma

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
lancoma wrote:
Stevster wrote:
lancoma wrote:

Nevermind Rolling Eyes .....Welcome to PSC.

thanks Very Happy

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:27 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="ReinMan"]
lancoma wrote:
(like, I had NO idea that "take out the trash" in Farsi DIDN'T mean "go have another beer and relax" in English. Rolling Eyes )
----------------end of transmission---------------

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Leaving comments - Reply to topic