Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - COOLABORATION COMPETITION - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:

Actually, Eve...one of the BIGGEST problems I've seen come out of this is NOT the fact that an outside source was used for the Team Chop...but that people were allowed to vote for THEIR OWN TEAM CHOPS.

Please clarify how fair THAT is.

Razz

You're kidding, right?
This Collaboration was about the process, not so much the vote. Like someone said earlier, it was about the journey...something, something. Very Happy

Fair? Life isn't fair, why should this comp be any different?

armogeden

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Eve wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:
thats what I thought Eve, unfortunately I don't agree with the 2nd source idea. Did you ask Proc if you could use the tent source as a one off for all members. Then there would not have been an issue.

Not surprisingly, the only ones who have an "issue" with any of this is you, Sean and DP... Razz

Actually, Eve...one of the BIGGEST problems I've seen come out of this is NOT the fact that an outside source was used for the Team Chop...but that people were allowed to vote for THEIR OWN TEAM CHOPS.

Razz

No offence to anyone who planned this, I just think it was planned pretty badly. Different time zones meant that me and bso could only do about 1 edit a day because we were never on at the same time.

longer time frame
same source as for regular entries
someone goes and counts up the votes, votes for your own team are disqualified
something like that

Marx-Man

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

Life is perfectly fair and balanced...

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:16 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:

Razz

You're kidding, right?
This Collaboration was about the process, not so much the vote. Like someone said earlier, it was about the journey...something, something. Very Happy

Fair? Life isn't fair, why should this comp be any different?

...sigh...SO not the point and you know that.

I'll crawl back in my hole now.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:16 am   Reply with quote         

If Proc thinks this "experiment" has any merit, he'll see to it that it's given a separate contest area...or allow all to see an upcoming source. thumright

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND COMMITMENT!
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

at the end of this, we shall all be lay dead with limbs missing and a silent fog drifting over our corpses on a grassy field somewhere...

or we shall laugh and be merry, and drink mead and regail each other with the time another good idea went pear shaped.

I hope the latter personally

marcoballistic

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:20 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
If Proc thinks this "experiment" has any merit, he'll see to it that its given a separate contest area...or allow all to see an upcoming source. thumright

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!

no need to shout Very Happy thanks to you to Eve.

Totally non sarcastically, you did a good thing here overall, and I too hope Proc thinks its an interesting idea to do every so often.

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:23 am   Reply with quote         

Right.

OVERALL it was a good idea...
I just think a few things needed to be worked out or done differently.

marcoballistic

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Right.

just like communism then Laughing

Martrex

marcoballistic wrote:
Eve wrote:
If Proc thinks this "experiment" has any merit, he'll see to it that its given a separate contest area...or allow all to see an upcoming source. thumright

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!

no need to shout Very Happy thanks to you to Eve.

Totally non sarcastically, you did a good thing here overall, and I too hope Proc thinks its an interesting idea to do every so often.

That was Eve's cheerleader shout!!!! "AWESOME, AWESOME AWESOME" Laughing

marcoballistic

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:24 am   Reply with quote         

ahhhhhhhh I forgot Laughing

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:24 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:
Right.

just like communism then Laughing

RIGHT!

Shocked

Um...wait...

Maybe....

Laughing

TheShaman

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:27 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Not surprisingly, the only ones who have an "issue" with any of this is you, Sean and DP... Razz

I wont apologize for having an opinion, and for having the guts to actually speak up and voice it. I think you could have asked proc for the use of this tent source, for your collaboration contest. I seem to remember when db wanted to hand out t-shirts for the Gordonk contest, that the source was made easily available in the thread to EVERYONE>>>

Like marco, I also have a problem handing out votes to entries that have ZERO source in them regardless of how much effort was put forth. IMPO, it is not fair to those actually worked hard to play the normal game, and to those who haven't a clue what the hell you guys are doing. Remember, we normally blast those who don't have a clue how contests work when they go off and enter their own pictures with ZERO source. Now we've got a contest where half the pictures use the source provided, and the rest of you hijackers are using something completely different. Tell me that isn't confusing to someone new... Also, when we did micose day, we used the source provided.

All in all, I think this was a great idea that was again fumbled, and it made PSC look like a mockery. When it could have been a very very cool contest. Like Micose day was. Then again, thats just my personal opinion.

I'm really glad you guys had fun, and damn if there aren't a bunch of really great chops... I'm just not going to 'vote' for them... Thats all I was saying before...

I too hope we can do this again, but just with a little more thought about regular contests. Teething issues aside. great idea.

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:31 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Eve wrote:

Unlike marco, I wont apologize for having an opinion, and for having the guts to actually speak up and voice it. I think you could have asked proc for the use of this tent source, for your collaboration contest. I seem to remember when db wanted to hand out t-shirts for the Gordonk contest, that the source was made easily available in the thread to EVERYONE>>>

Like marco, I also have a problem handing out votes to entries that have ZERO source in them regardless of how much effort was put forth. IMPO, it is not fair to those actually worked hard to play the normal game, and to those who haven't a clue what the hell you guys are doing. Remember, we normally blast those who don't have a clue how contests work when they go off and enter their own pictures with ZERO source. Now we've got a contest where half the pictures use the source provided, and the rest of you hijackers are using something completely different. Tell me that isn't confusing to someone new... Also, when we did micose day, we used the source provided.

All in all, I think this was a great idea that was again fumbled, and it made PSC look like a mockery. When it could have been a very very cool contest. Like Micose day was. Then again, thats just my personal opinion.

I'm really glad you guys had fun, and damn if there aren't a bunch of really great chops... I'm just not going to 'vote' for them... Thats all I was saying before...

I too hope we can do this again, but just with a little more thought about regular contests. Teething issues aside. great idea.

Maybe just vote under comments?

Cool

TheShaman

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:36 am   Reply with quote         

thats what I did, and what I said I was going to do Martrex.
(unless you put the tent in the collaboration too). Then, I said I'll vote, instead of just comment. You collaborators can use my comment as a vote for your side contest, (I wish everyone would do this) unless thats too hard for ya'll Laughing Twisted Evil

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - COOLABORATION COMPETITION - Reply to topic