Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - COOLABORATION COMPETITION - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

arcaico

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:39 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Cool! I should be next on arc's list Laughing

you sure are... just wait a little while...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:42 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:
Eve wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:
thats what I thought Eve, unfortunately I don't agree with the 2nd source idea. Did you ask Proc if you could use the tent source as a one off for all members. Then there would not have been an issue.

Not surprisingly, the only ones who have an "issue" with any of this is you, Sean and DP... Razz

Actually, Eve...one of the BIGGEST problems I've seen come out of this is NOT the fact that an outside source was used for the Team Chop...but that people were allowed to vote for THEIR OWN TEAM CHOPS.

Please clarify how fair THAT is.

Razz

hmmm... let´s see... you´re making all this fuss since I voted for my team... correct me if I am wrong... leif did the chop too... I wanted to value his work voting for the entry... the same way I voted for him, he voted for me... as far as I´m concerned, each team has 2 members... each member of each team has the same right as everyone else to vote for their partner... if everyone votes for their own team, each team will end up with 2 votes... in other words, all teams have the same ammount of votes... nobody is cheating, we´re just supporting our partners and showing respect for their shares... just like when you vote for your opponent and expect him to vote back to you, as a good sports... both get one vote, and show their respect for their opponent...

now you can shut the fuck up and quit bitching about something you´re not even part of... ok, DP?

Actually, Arf...that comment was made when Cheryl (not you) voted for HER team chop...WAY BEFORE I EVEN NOTICED YOUR chop...and WAY BEFORE you even VOTED for yer chop.
I even left a comment on her entry EARLY this morning.
At the time, I don't think that the rules were clear ABOUT voting for your own team when I made that comment...which is why I made it.
Let's get facts straight, please about my bitching.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:43 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Eve wrote:
page 1 now has all the links... (is that fair?) Very Happy Wink

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7797

You've done so much work Eve Bow

I don't think this is Reincaf's though
Cafn8d & Reinman -- BWB (Beaver witha Buzz)
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/123140/votes.htmll
Laughing

may prove my point that we're just confusing folks though Wink

ARE YOU SITTING ON THIS THREAD??? geesh...wrong copy/paste was there for like ....10 seconds! Fixed before I read your "snidely" comment.

Stop being such a POOP! Razz

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks Eve for everything you did..

Sorry it didn't work out.
Finally something fun comes along,
and it turns into this.

I think everyone should go get some ice cream to cool off:
http://www.glamour.com/images/sweeps/tcby.pdf

TheShaman

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve bite me. I was TRYING to make light of it, not trying to be snide or however you just put it!

I was being genuine in my praise for your hard work in all this, but again you've misconstrued what I'm trying to say Rolling Eyes
I thought that was what the Laughing was for?

All I was stating was, the wrong link there, is another post where no source is being used... and may prove my point we're confusing people with this sideshow. I figured, you'd notice it, and fix it for Reincaf. Geesh!

and yeah, I'm freakin bored at work, so I'm sitting at PSC. Sue me.

Sorry I brought up the little flaw of no source's in your game.

Site Moderator

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Are you discussing entries in an active contest in the forum? I thought this was a big no-no. Oh, and aliases? And hijacking? Never mind Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:59 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
Are you discussing entries in an active contest in the forum? I thought this was a big no-no. Oh, and aliases? And hijacking? Never mind Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:06 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Eve bite me. I was TRYING to make light of it, not trying to be snide or however you just put it!

I was being genuine in my praise for your hard work in all this, but again you've misconstrued what I'm trying to say Rolling Eyes
I thought that was what the Laughing was for?

All I was stating was, the wrong link there, is another post where no source is being used... and may prove my point we're confusing people with this sideshow. I figured, you'd notice it, and fix it for Reincaf. Geesh!

and yeah, I'm freakin bored at work, so I'm sitting at PSC. Sue me.

Sorry I brought up the little flaw of no source's in your game.

okay, "snidely" Laughing

arcaico

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
I wont apologize for having an opinion, and for having the guts to actually speak up and voice it.

Ohhh... you´re so masculine with your brave attitude!! I´d be shivering now if I was gay...

TheShaman wrote:
I think you could have asked proc for the use of this tent source, for your collaboration contest. I seem to remember when db wanted to hand out t-shirts for the Gordonk contest, that the source was made easily available in the thread to EVERYONE>>>

Forums are a part of the site, aren´t they??? We´ve been announcing this for ages... EVERYONE had access to the thread that ANNOUNCED we were gonna hijack the 18th competition. I even added Reinman´s idea of putting a bar identifying it as a collaboration chop contest entry. There´s absolutely NO EXCUSE to say we´re confusing people... unless people are retarded enough not to be able to read... in that case, my appologies.

TheShaman wrote:
Like marco, I also have a problem handing out votes to entries that have ZERO source in them regardless of how much effort was put forth.

Right.... you and marco can´t just throw a vote for a chop that has ZERO source... HOWEVER, you have NO PROBLEM AT ALL on voting for a WONDERFUL copy/paste 2 framed gif (http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/122862/votes.html) or a MARVELOUS color replacement paint (http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/123017/votes.html)... all the paint job did by naiko in his entry is definetly not worth a vote... that´s completely comprehensive...

TheShaman wrote:
IMPO, it is not fair to those actually worked hard to play the normal game, and to those who haven't a clue what the hell you guys are doing.

Like if we all didn´t know the winner of the so called UNFAIR contest would be anfa, marco or any other usual winner... pffft... the hypocresy... whoever votes for the crappy entries out there, won´t deny them a vote if they vote for the collab chop entries... that´s a fact...

TheShaman wrote:
Remember, we normally blast those who don't have a clue how contests work when they go off and enter their own pictures with ZERO source. Now we've got a contest where half the pictures use the source provided, and the rest of you hijackers are using something completely different.

...in a totally UNEXPECTED WAY. I mean... nobody announced we would hijack the contest... nobody was invited to join the side contest... nobody was aware of the event... nobody saw a thread that was in the front page for 2 weeks... can you feel the sarcasm??

TheShaman wrote:
Tell me that isn't confusing to someone new... Also, when we did micose day, we used the source provided.

Yes. And this time we didn´t. What´s the big deal about it?? Is anyone being harmed because of it? We´re not even taking their VPPs, once everyone got a totally new account to post our entries...

TheShaman wrote:
All in all, I think this was a great idea that was again fumbled, and it made PSC look like a mockery. When it could have been a very very cool contest. Like Micose day was.

Weirdly enough, just like DP, you´re not a part of it... just throwing gas in the flames, and pretending to be an innocent expectator expressing his opinion... you´re such an hypocrite that it even disgusts me...

TheShaman wrote:
Then again, thats just my personal opinion.

And then again I say your personal opinion is just crap...

TheShaman wrote:
I'm really glad you guys had fun, and damn if there aren't a bunch of really great chops... I'm just not going to 'vote' for them... Thats all I was saying before...

did any of us ask for your vote?

TheShaman wrote:
I too hope we can do this again, but just with a little more thought about regular contests. Teething issues aside. great idea.

check the first tournaments... there were flaws.. lots of them... but instead of trying to dimish it, we tried to improve it... and we keep improving it, each year passes by... we didn´t just diss it cause it wasn´t well planned...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:13 pm   Reply with quote         

All this crankiness, sarcasm, hilarity, and emoticon wasteland makes me want to beg Eve to come up with another contest for everyone to moan and groan about.

TheShaman

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:14 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

you sure are... just wait a little while...

I really don't care brother. I've said my peace here. yep, I'm not in either contest today, I was just voicing my opinion as Switzerland here. I really don't care about anything other than the fact you're not using Tent source provided for this collaboration. That was my only issue with this whole thing. You guys did a great job, but I just can't vote for them. Sorry. Thats all I was trying to say. Cause I had a few PM's early saying, what only a comment? So I felt I should explain why...

IMPO it is not fair to those who are playing it right, to loose to someone who is playing the side game. Once I saw that it was going to be today, I didn't enter the contest because of that reason. Now if you all used the tent source, like the Gordonk game, that would have been different. I would have no issue.

I just hope that one of you guys don't take a 1st, 2nd or 3rd from someone who is playing the PSC game.

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:15 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
Weirdly enough, just like DP, you´re not a part of it... just throwing gas in the flames, and pretending to be an innocent expectator expressing his opinion...

Actually, I had offered to help behind the scenes back when this was just getting off the ground...but no one got back to me.

arcaico

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:17 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
arcaico wrote:
Weirdly enough, just like DP, you´re not a part of it... just throwing gas in the flames, and pretending to be an innocent expectator expressing his opinion...

Actually, I had offered to help behind the scenes back when this was just getting off the ground...but no one got back to me.

probably cause we don´t need you...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

TheShaman

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:21 pm   Reply with quote         

You're right arc, no ones being harmed... flaws in the contest yep, and they can be fixed for next time... I'm not saying this was a bad idea at all...

I really don't care about all of this, I just wish you guys would have used the source, is that so hard to understand?

curses arcleydoright foiled again

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:
arcaico wrote:

probably cause we don´t need you...

And now who's being childish?

What an egomanical, self-centered, self rightous sonofabitch you are.

Shall I now post a link to my replies to this thread today so you can try to deconstruct them to your own amusement?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - COOLABORATION COMPETITION - Reply to topic