Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Help make a 10 frame .gif file - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:04 pm   Reply with quote         

This might be fun, Very Happy and maybe you'll learn how to make a gif if you don't know how; the idea is to start off with a 3 frame gif as I have done above, the game is to add "1" frame to this one, to make it a 4 frame gif, and so forth until it makes it to 10 frames, Then the last person at 10, adds another 3 frame gif of theirs, and it starts over again, after you add "1" frame, post it under the animation, here are the 3 thumbnail frames that make up the 1st gif, I hope someone wants to play, it took a while to train this dog Very Happy

click thumbnail for actual size

I got the idea from finding this 2 framer on the web,
http://www.bernese.biz/graphics/pooperScooper.gif
I didn't like the way it went into the scooper so I changed it to the current post, Laughing yes, I was bored...I admit it Confused

Remember! (I just need to make this clear, because someone might not get this) if you add 1 frame, you have to add your image into the previous frames as well, Rolling Eyes change the timing if you want, the last frame will detemine the timing of the animation, so keep that in mind...any takers??? Very Happy

splodge

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

i got some now famous 200/300 frame .gif s out there, look at grefix's sig, that should be famous, (not mine) hours of sticking to it ness, limeting coulours, size and ambition helps,
what was the question again

Hallcross Toots
WhimSea

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:17 pm   Reply with quote         

see if this is ok[/img]

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:49 pm   Reply with quote         

That's why I limited it to only 10 frames Splodge, you can get quite carried away with it being too large, this way we can change it often.

This is perfect WhimSea Wink I hope someone makes him dance too. Very Happy
Can you add thumbnails of your frames? WS? so the next person can work off those Smile
I just noticed the tail shadow too... Wink

Next image should have 5 frames... Razz

splodge

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:01 pm   Reply with quote         

lets see who can get most from a 1mb file?

Hallcross Toots

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:06 pm   Reply with quote         

someone make him poop while he's scooping poop..it's a never ending cycle Very Happy

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:09 pm   Reply with quote         

dfwsusan wrote:
someone make him poop while he's scooping poop..it's a never ending cycle Very Happy

That would be your job Susan... Laughing
And that's dog food he's cleaning up too, he spilled it in the last gif.

splodge

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:14 pm   Reply with quote         

me and you dfwsusan, we can make that happen, not the pooping thing, the cycle thing
the original .pdf would speed things up lots

Hallcross Toots
WhimSea

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul - I actually changed all your frames and added one of my own - as per your directions. I did it at work so I don't have the psd file with me, but give me a few minutes and I'll take the gif apart

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I posted it at the top, I'll just keep track of them there, Wink

WhimSea

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:03 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't know if you want to keep taking the frames apart for every single version - it's really easy to get at each of the frames. Save the gif to your desktop, open in Image Ready, save as a psd file and open that in photoshop and now you have all the frames.

nearly done... hang on

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:11 pm   Reply with quote         

I tried with yours but it would not animate in Image Ready, it's not a biggie, we'll keep e'm together at the top of the post, it's done.

Really the main reason for showing each frame is to show the un-gif ted folk that does not use Image Ready, how they go together, there is so much to learn, I know we have some gif masters here, i've only got a handful under my belt, so who's got the next frame? Very Happy

WhimSea

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:34 pm   Reply with quote         

that's odd. I just saved to my desktop and it worked. when you opened it in Image Ready, could you see 4 layers in the layers window? If only 1 frame is showing you just need to re-save the layers as frames in the animation options.

WhimSea

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:44 pm   Reply with quote         

here you go - tail wagging on all four frames - including the tail shadow

WhimSea

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:48 pm   Reply with quote         

that was annoying - it took MAYBE 5 minutes to make the gif and all this time to get you separate jpgs and upload to photobucket... why can't everyone be as fast as my fingers? grrrr

the hardest thing on the gif was the tail shadow - only because it's so dark and low res over there... my old eyes nearly went cross-eyed! ha

so who is next?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Help make a 10 frame .gif file - Reply to topic