Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Help make a 10 frame .gif file - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

WhimSea

Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:09 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
feel free to ask for any help, but dont ask me how tweening works, i can do it in Flash but not ImageReady

actually you can do tweening in image ready... you can tween (short for between) 1 or more frames between 2 frames for opacity or effect. If you add the tween at the last frame you pick to tween it to the 1st frame... kinda like a fade between frames. It's not as smooth as it would be in a movie clip, but if you do it correctly it's ok.

on the animation window of Image Ready, there is the little button for tween next to the duplicate current frame button.

splodge

Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:54 pm   Reply with quote         

when i try tweening the image vanishes then comes back

Hallcross Toots
Tawiskaro

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:15 am   Reply with quote         

Can someone please work this fellow in? Marco (wherever he is) can add the bloody remnants in the tenth frame.

[image deleted in my latest Photobucket cleanup frenzy - 11/16/07]

Eliminating the dog will stop the dog eliminating.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:29 am   Reply with quote         

wait a second, you want me to shoot a dog that cleans up his own mess? Shocked
Did you vote for Bush? Laughing Shocked Crying or Very sad

Please God, don't shoot my dog Crying or Very sad

WhimSea

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:38 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
when i try tweening the image vanishes then comes back
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:21 am   Reply with quote         

I was just experimenting with tweening, and I see how it can fade opacity between frames, still a little tricky to me though, maybe 10 frames is too many for this thread, it's so hard to teach an old dog new tricks, now they want shoot him Shocked I think maybe if we discuss making .gif files here I'll be just as happy, I should have known that this would be a hard sell, anyway if anyone wants to continue with the next 6 frame gif you can have at it.

I would like to hear Anfa discuss this 8 frame gif, it was so cool, still not 100% sure how he pulled it off, that's one clever dude Cool

Tawiskaro

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:37 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
I was just experimenting with tweening, and I see how it can fade opacity between frames, still a little tricky to me though, maybe 10 frames is too many for this thread, it's so hard to teach an old dog new tricks, now they want shoot him Shocked I think maybe if we discuss making .gif files here I'll be just as happy, I should have known that this would be a hard sell, anyway if anyone wants to continue with the next 6 frame gif you can have at it.

I would like to hear Anfa discuss this 8 frame gif, it was so cool, still not 100% sure how he pulled it off, that's one clever dude Cool

I saw this in his portfolio a while back. It's amazing. I'd like to know how he did it, too.

And I promise not to shoot the dog.

Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:35 am   Reply with quote         

Very Happy twk, have you worked with Image Ready?

5 frames or 4?

And I also noticed that Splodges 5 frames was really a 4 frame animation, the first and last frames were the same, the difference was that the 1st frame had no delay, and the 5th had a 1 second delay, so technically you could remove the 1st frame and the animation would be the same, Rolling Eyes that means Splodge buys the next round... Razz I think he did it on purpose to see if anyone was paying attention Very Happy

WhimSea

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:20 am   Reply with quote         

I know how that anfa gif was made... it wouldn't be so mesmerizing without the architecture of the plant... kinda on the order of a hypnosis black and white circle seemingly rotating.

This is a perfectly constructed piece of art, the pattern repeating itself all around, smaller on the inside, larger on the outside. Then it is at it's largest view on the 1st frame and gradually the art in each frame is enlarged making it feel like it's getting little closer. The key is to keep the center of the plant in the exact place on each frame - use those guide lines. Timing is set to 0 sec on each frame. very cool hypnotic effect.

Tawiskaro

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:52 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
Very Happy twk, have you worked with Image Ready?

5 frames or 4?

And I also noticed that Splodges 5 frames was really a 4 frame animation, the first and last frames were the same, the difference was that the 1st frame had no delay, and the 5th had a 1 second delay, so technically you could remove the 1st frame and the animation would be the same, Rolling Eyes that means Splodge buys the next round... Razz I think he did it on purpose to see if anyone was paying attention Very Happy

I'm using Jasc's Animation Shop. I also have the ULead Gif Animator, but I haven't figured out how to work it yet.

splodge

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:18 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:

I can't tell ya how much I'm loving this!!!!

ReinMan

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:11 pm   Reply with quote         

I love Splodges! (Splodge's GIF, to be clear about what I love about Splodge)

Here's mine. Sorry - it took 9 frames.

If I had used more frames I could have had his legs twitch once or twice. (Dam, I hate working on BUDGET FILMS!!!) Razz

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:26 pm   Reply with quote         

that's truly the Monty Python effect, which is very acceptable Laughing

ReinMan

Post Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I guess I stomped out THIS thread.... Sad

Sorry

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Help make a 10 frame .gif file - Reply to topic