Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - CSI Photoshop Challenge - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

irishstu

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:55 am   Reply with quote         

Hey guys,
I took a photo of a circuit I built many moons ago and as I was fiddling with the image today, I noticed that you can't see the chip details on the chip. I assumed I would need to take a photo of the other side, but upon looking closer, I saw that they are in fact there. There are three lines of text. I am currently playing with Photoshop to see if I can enhance the picture well enough to make out the text, and actually I think I have the first line done, but I have to admit that this CSI-type enhancement challenge is quite enjoyable. I thought I would upload it and see if anyone else fancies a go.
It's not for anything important, just fun. I have the chip at home and will check it later for the actual text.

Here's the chip, and no, I don't have a better image, hence the need for CSI-type brilliance.

Good luck.

...currently experiencing some dysfunctional internal protocol problems.

http://diystrat.blogspot.com/
edovan

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:16 am   Reply with quote         

That text isn't easy to read... But I gave it a shot. Don't know if it's any help as I have no idea what text is supposed to be (TJAJDICA?).
Procyon
Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:22 am   Reply with quote         

I'm watching CSI Miami right now Laughing

Proc

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:25 am   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
I'm watching CSI Miami right now Laughing
Proc

TV? We're doin' teh real shit here ok?!!11! Cool
irishstu

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:28 am   Reply with quote         

edovan wrote:
That text isn't easy to read... But I gave it a shot. Don't know if it's any help as I have no idea what text is supposed to be (TJAJDICA?).

Hey edoovan, good point. If you don't know what you're looking for it will be even harder.

Here's another chip I found on the net that may give you a clue as to the sort of thing to look for:

The first three letters are probably TDA, so you're close. That would normally be followed by 4 numbers and (maybe) a final letter "A" or something. Anyway, I don't want to influence you too much. Your eyes might start seeing things that aren't there.

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:28 am   Reply with quote         

lol

I took a computer science class once and it was called CSI1301. It sounded cool...but never was. Rolling Eyes

Proc

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:06 am   Reply with quote         

took me ages but finally figured out all three lines,
here you go:

edovan

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:07 am   Reply with quote         

irishstu wrote:
Your eyes might start seeing things that aren't there.
Too late....

pakimo

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:24 am   Reply with quote         

Fun challange, but have no idea what it is, lol.

ReinMan

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:45 am   Reply with quote         

(hey, stu! glad to see you are still alive and ticking! Wink)

Well, it appears to be a Jamaican transistor... but I suspect the rest of it is un-readable.

Maybe if we had a REAL picture of it so that the Super Huge Pixels and the HIDEOUS JPEGGING ARTIFACTS didn't get in the way?

Anyway - I hope the timer doesn't go off early and that your mission is accomplished.

POWER, BROTHER! afro

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:12 am   Reply with quote         

top word is definitely Jamaica, so its gotta be some sort of hash growing chip thingy.....yeah

nog

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:24 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
top word is definitely Jamaica, so its gotta be some sort of hash growing chip thingy.....yeah

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:59 am   Reply with quote         

I think you have to create several versions using different colors and brightness to discern what is there more accurately.

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:41 pm   Reply with quote         

If you're looking to do more sleuthing you should try enhancing the video frames of this hit and run. Video link is towards the bottom.

The best I could do was come up with a #4 on the end of the plate to car #2. I used screen grabs. It also appeared that car #2's air bag might have gone off, I can't be sure. The police are still looking for the perpetrators.

irishstu

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey guys,
Well some interesting thoughts here. I originally thought the top line was "TOSHIBA", but I was wrong.

I had a close look at the chip last night and wrote down exactly what it says. However, I did manage to get a slightly better photo. So rather than end the game so soon, here is the better photo. Let's see if anyone can get closer:

P.S. And less of your moaning, Reinman! We can't all have super-snazzy big-boy cameras, and those snazzy, erm "tripod" thingies.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - CSI Photoshop Challenge - Reply to topic