Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Looky look! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:47 am   Reply with quote         

I've managed to find a way to get my employer to pay for this photoshop "how-to" series. I'm hoping that the discs will arrive on Monday.
Quote:

This student-friendly home study course includes four DVD-ROMs with over 16 gigabytes of video tutorials and project files. It also comes with a full-color gallery book (printed, not pdf) that shows the end result of each project in the course. You can look, learn, practice, and master these advanced techniques wherever you may be, without the need for expensive classes or tutors.

If people are interested I'll post reviews of each disc after I've had a chance to view each of one.

Lemme know if you'd like a review! I'm pretty excited to see what there is to learn from the series. Hopefully it'll be money well spent. Very Happy

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:50 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
I've managed to find a way to get my employer to pay for this photoshop "how-to" series. I'm hoping that the discs will arrive on Monday.
Quote:

This student-friendly home study course includes four DVD-ROMs with over 16 gigabytes of video tutorials and project files. It also comes with a full-color gallery book (printed, not pdf) that shows the end result of each project in the course. You can look, learn, practice, and master these advanced techniques wherever you may be, without the need for expensive classes or tutors.

If people are interested I'll post reviews of each disc after I've had a chance to view each of one.

Lemme know if you'd like a review! I'm pretty excited to see what there is to learn from the series. Hopefully it'll be money well spent. Very Happy

I'm interested to hear what you think. I'd signed up to get announcements about the release, but then became turned off by his barrage of anticipation, buy, buy, emails. It made me think he was overselling his product and that the target audience was not me anymore.

Mir

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm interested to hear what you think also. It'll be good to have an honest opinion before I do buy.Thanks.

Martrex

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:38 pm   Reply with quote         

What was he price?

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
What was he price?

With shipping it came to $198 (US). The standard shipping was listed as 2nd day UPS. According to his blog comments he's got 4-5 people helping him to package and ship the orders and they're still struggling to keep up. That's why I say I'm "hoping" to get my set by Monday.
tadams wrote:
I'm interested to hear what you think. I'd signed up to get announcements about the release, but then became turned off by his barrage of anticipation, buy, buy, emails. It made me think he was overselling his product and that the target audience was not me anymore.

I can definitely relate. I knew I would be out of town for the pre-order and then for the first day of regular orders. But after I got back I saw that there were still sets left available so I figured "why not". Hopefully he didn't oversell his available stock. The number has been stuck at 861 for the last couple days. So right now I'm just trying to get my order verified as I'm worried about the number not changing at all for the last two days. He posted to his blog yesterday but hasn't answered my "trouble ticket" questions.

If/when I do get my hands on the courses I'll follow up with a thread.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:23 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Shhhhhhh, keep it quiet. Next time we get to chop a frog, you go with the chocolate frog tutorial and blow us all out of the water Laughing Laughing Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
Shhhhhhh, keep it quiet. Next time we get to chop a frog, you go with the chocolate frog tutorial and blow us all out of the water Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nooooo.... I'll cover it with wax. Laughing

Oscar

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:59 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm sure the guy is THE Photoshop guru and whatnot, but reading his blog, I find his spelling (or typing) rather sub par (see - I can pick even on the greatest out there) Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:42 pm   Reply with quote         

If I learn a couple things then I can forgive his spelling. Laughing
I think this technique of his is pretty nifty.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:08 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
I downloaded a couple of the videos posted in the blog - I don't know if the real deal is done the same way, but, for the sake of keeping everything transparent and understandable, he doesn't use very many shortcuts, but goes through the pull down menus for every single thing (e.g. Edit-Fill-Foreground Color vs. Alt-Backspace). In a production environment your deadline may depend largely on the speed you work, and shortcuts are a big part of it.

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:22 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:

He certainly has a friendly and energetic voice. But, people are going to die of old age by the time he gets to the meat of the lesson.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:34 pm   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
He certainly has a friendly and energetic voice. But, people are going to die of old age by the time he gets to the meat of the lesson.

avenge my death

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing get ready for an 'avalanche' of jumping out of source image entries people Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Evil or Very Mad
Just got my tracking number today. So much for 2nd day shipping. Mad
Quote:

This message was sent to you at the request of MARK MANCIARDINI to notify you that the package information below has been transmitted to UPS. The package(s) may not have actually been placed with UPS for shipment. To verify when and if the shipment is tendered to UPS and its actual transit status, click on the tracking link below or contact MARK MANCIARDINI directly.

Important Delivery Information

Scheduled Delivery: 07-August-2007

Ugh. Really wanted to go through the first disc this weekend too. Sad

Oh well. It's not like it was my money right. Razz

And if these end up sucking there's alwasy eBay right? Wink

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Looky look! - Reply to topic