Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - PSC family potluck party!! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

WhimSea

Post Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:35 pm   Reply with quote         

You are all welcome to come to the PSC Family Potluck Party! Sign up now!!

• List any dishes you want to bring!
• Show a pic of some potluck food!
• Share recipes!
• Share potluck and picnic photos!

RULES
1. You may bring as much as you want to the party... the more the merrier!

2. No one leaves hungry! I'm sure we'll see our fill of odd Jello molds, cat litter box cakes, greenbean casseroles, and see our share of drunken rum ball recipes....

3. You don't have to eat or try anything you don't like the smell or looks of... I'm not your mother. If you don't want to eat veggies, I don't care.

4. Proper attire is neither regulated nor mandatory, just remember to be extra careful leaning across those hot crock pots!

5. Food fights are not allowed until the water trucks arrive for easy cleanup!

6. First aid care is limited. Voluteers are welcome. However if you feel the need to render aid, such as the heimlich manuver, please wait til the person you want to wrap your arms around is choking.

Gees! I'm hungry already! Let's get this party started!

Although IDs will not be checked, we've decided to have a 1 drink per person rule so we can cut down on the DUIs....

Martrex

Post Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:18 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="WhimSea"]You are all welcome to come to the PSC Family Potluck Party! Sign up now!!

• List any dishes you want to bring!
• Show a pic of some potluck food!
• Share recipes!
• Share potluck and picnic photos!

[size=18]RULES
1. You may bring as much as you want to the party... the more the merrier!

2. No one leaves hungry! I'm sure we'll see our fill of odd Jello molds, cat litter box cakes, greenbean casseroles, and see our share of drunken rum ball recipes....

3. You don't have to eat or try anything you don't like the smell or looks of... I'm not your mother. If you don't want to eat veggies, I don't care.

4. Proper attire is neither regulated nor mandatory, just remember to be extra careful leaning across those hot crock pots!

So to clear up a technicality "Is any Attire needed at all? Hope not more fun that way!" Laughing Laughing

anfa

Post Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Where's the drink? Smile

Post Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Here's an old family rum cake recipe I highly recommend. REALLY READ IT NOT FOR WUZZIES

Best Ever Rum Cake

1 or 2 qts rum
1 tsp. sugar
2 c. dried fruit
1 tsp. soda
Brown sugar
1 c. butter
2 lrg. eggs
Baking powder
Lemon juice
Nuts

Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality. Good isn't it! Now go ahead, select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check the rum again. It must be just right. To be sure rum is of highest quality, pour 1 level cup of rum into glass and drink as fast as you can. Repeat. With an electric mixer, beat 1 cup butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add a seaspoon of tugar and beat again. Try snother cup. Open second bottle if necessary.

Add two orge laggs, 2 cups fried druit, and beat until high. If the druit gets stuck in the beater, just pry it loose with a srewumdriver. Sample the rum agin, checking for toncestcity. Next sift 3 cups baking powder, a pinch or rum, a steaspoon of toda, and a cup of salt or pepper (it really doesn't matter). Shample the bum agian. Sift 9/2 pints of lemin juice.

Fold in schlopped butter and strained nuts. Add 1 bablespoon of brown sugar, or whatever color you can find. Wix mell. Grease the oven and turn turn cake pan to 300 gredees. Schmeells good Very Happy

FootFungas

Post Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:41 pm   Reply with quote         

WhimSea wrote:

2. No one leaves hungry! I'm sure we'll see our fill of odd Jello molds,

Make sure you eat your fill of jello before blurker gets there.

anfa

Post Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Where's the drink? I'm walking around and drying out here, but I still can't find the drink! Shitest party ever!! Confused

WhimSea

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:11 am   Reply with quote         

first: Proper attire is neither regulated nor mandatory.... so to answer your question Marty, you can go sans clothes if you wish! Don't forget sunscreen tho!

secondly, drinks are at the beverage stations all around, are you blind? there is beer, wine, Mountain DewDew, club soda, cola and various soda pops from around the world, and many brands of bottled waters.

be creative Anfa, and tell us what you've brought to the party, besides your thirst! ha

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:19 am   Reply with quote         

I ll have some dewdew please

WhimSea

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:20 am   Reply with quote         

oh, and here comes a truck load of Britvic 55 in apple and orange flavours just for you Anfa! Smile

anyone remember a green soda named Green River? it was kinda a limey, very sweet soda a bit like mountain dew. We've got lots of that too.

and over here, are these fizzy tablets you drop in water to "make" a drink... most kids just stick them on their tongue.

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:23 am   Reply with quote         

tell anfa he can just eat the rum cake Smile

WhimSea

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:23 am   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
I ll have some dewdew please

he has such a following... I mean, it, the dew, do the dew.... Smile

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:26 am   Reply with quote         

yeah he does have a way with people that's for sure if you don't like the dew there is something wrong with you hey that rhymes

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:29 am   Reply with quote         

oh or do you mean like a groupie following? er okay then I am one of dew's groupies... follow him on his tour bus hope to touch his socks yeah that's me. Laughing

WhimSea

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:16 am   Reply with quote         

yummmm rum cake! shouns delishush **hic**

WhimSea

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:22 am   Reply with quote         

hey looky there... our fruit truck has arrived. Any fruits or nuts want to help unload this stuff?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - PSC family potluck party!! - Reply to topic