Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How did you discover PSC? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I just realized how wierd it was that i came across this site so i wanna know how you guys did.

I'm also an (inactive) member at photoshoptalent and a couple months ago i was thinking about how cool it would be if there was a new "contest" out that day. When i went to type in "photoshoptalent.com" i accidently typed "photoshopcontest.com"...realized how much nicer the site looked, signed up, checked out the forums and contests, and was like "shit I'm in"

how about you?

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:26 pm   Reply with quote         

A few years ago I got Macromedia Fireworks at work. I wanted to work up a few graphics for our website but didn't know what I was doing at all (only experience up to then was Paint). About the same time I used to visit Fark.com and I played around in their Photoshop games to learn. I had fun but wanted more interaction and to learn more. So whilst looking for tutorials and "photoshop contest" I found W1K and PSC.

I joined both sites but PSC seemed much more approachable and friendly than W1K. So I stuck with PSC and haven't regretted it since. Very Happy

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:27 pm   Reply with quote         

are you plugging another site Laughing i found this by an image i googled i can't remimber whos it was sorry, and started looking around thru the site and was like thats so efn rad i gotta sign up, now i'm hooked Laughing

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
dewdew

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:49 pm   Reply with quote         

the devil made me do it Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

splodge

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:17 am   Reply with quote         

i found it hiding under my house

Hallcross Toots

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:27 am   Reply with quote         

this site is so much better than pst.......

WhimSea

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:54 am   Reply with quote         

a few co-workers said I should get paid for doing these fun chops that I did in my spare time, so I went looking for sites that had prizes, checked that much bigger site - you know the one! - but their rules and information page was about a mile long I got tired of looking at that and said forgetaboutit

so went looking for other photoshop contest sites with prizes and came upon this one - granted they don't have cash prizes, nor do they have prizes for every contest, but I found a community of artists that I enjoy talking to (most of you! ha!) and found it to be a fun, learning site... and now I have some extra artist friends from San Diego to Canada, France to England, New England to Arizona.... people are work ask every day "what did you do last night? how late did you stay up!?" and they think it's so neat that I know so many gifted people from all over the place

(wiping my tears of joy)

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:36 am   Reply with quote         

I found PSC totally by accident, I forget the exact series of events that unfolded for me to stumble across her magnificentness. But here I am 27 months later Very Happy

Carrignafoy

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:55 am   Reply with quote         

I was looking for something totally different but that's the way with me. I look up something on Google and see a list and think "oh, that's interesting...." and off I go. I got to PSC after I installed a programme called Stumble which brings up random sites according to people's interests which you enter when you sign up and one of the ones I put down was photography. I'd been playing around with chopping photos on the computer but this was a real challenge. Still learning the ropes though...

armogeden

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:40 am   Reply with quote         

I started out on the big W but very quickly got got and frustrated at the lack of help and understanding. Took a chance and typed in "photoshopcontest" into the address bar and found it a much friendlier community, and you know the rest!

ReyRey

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:13 am   Reply with quote         

A beaver told me about it. Shocked

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:54 am   Reply with quote         

i googled 'brain damage' et voila...

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:39 am   Reply with quote         

I was on a Photoshop Tutorial site that had a forum and someone posted a pic they had entered on this site to get opinions. He/she posted the site name so I decided to slide on over and checkit out. Now I'm HOOKED Very Happy

cherylm329

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:46 am   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
I started out on the big W but very quickly got got and frustrated at the lack of help and understanding. Took a chance and typed in "photoshopcontest" into the address bar and found it a much friendlier community, and you know the rest!

I did exactly what he did, haha Smile

ScionShade

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:56 am   Reply with quote         

Googled "photoshop contest".

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How did you discover PSC? - Reply to topic