Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Chop Thievery Hall of Shame - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:43 pm   Reply with quote         

We've seen PSC chops used on other sites. Let's have a wall of shame!

"Frogview.com" has swiped a PSC chop. Is the fact that they're not giving credit less heinous since they're not hotlinking the pic and stealing PSC's bandwidth too?
http://www.frogview.com/show1.php?file=3278
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=18

Granulated

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:50 pm   Reply with quote         

ooh the taxi cab overhead view chop !!!

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:35 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:

that site is f***ing shameless.. spooging their tag on every single image that they've appropriated... wankers !!

WhimSea

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Way Odd site, they have rules of not using copyrighted material, or the user can be banned -

"Claims of Copyright Infringement
Tetrio, Inc. respects the intellectual property of others and may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, terminate the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material on this Web site infringes on any copyright which you own or control, or that any link on this Web site directs you to another Web site that contains material that infringes on any copyright which you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement with our designated agent to have the material removed or otherwise blocked from access."

Feedback and Suggestions feedback@wayodd.com

Abuse and Spam abuse@wayodd.com

WhimSea

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

General
Frogview ..... Material available on or through other web sites may be protected by copyright and the intellectual property laws of the United States and/or other countries. Any infringements of such kind should be brought to our attention by an authorized person, and the offending material will be removed immediately.

Contacting the Web Site
webmaster@frogview.com

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Same Jad3 chop... different site. They probably stole it from another "humor pic" site never knowing were it came from. 'Tis the internet way.

http://humorpix.com/images/2355-How-to-fly.html

If the stealing isn't bad enough, they friggin' brand it with their own site's URL - as if saying, hey this picture is stolen from us if someone were to hotlink or re-post it. Oy Vey!

TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:26 am   Reply with quote         

Saw another one just now.

http://eatliver.com/i.php?n=2240

Apparently they've put a hotlinking block. Anyway visit the link and you'll see the horny dog.

anfa

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:36 am   Reply with quote         

Give me a clue!
Link to the pic!!! Smile

ScionShade

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:24 am   Reply with quote         

This issue has certainly come up before. I can tell you beyond any doubt that if you were to spend a good bit of time talking to other PSCers
that you would find an overwhelming majority get a big kick out of seeing one of their images used elsewhere.
You can ask a website to pull an image, sure, but there's not a thing you can do about images that are going into printed magazines.
It is my humble opinion, ( I've a particular image from here that's in a prominent place to be seen that's been printed in magazines, and not just a few times) that since there truly is nothing to be done about it realistically, that the time has come to place a small psc logo and web address on all images SOME TIME AFTER the contest they are in closes, giving this site at least the valuable advertisement from it that it is missing out on. Especially since these images are being grabbed for use in
graphics, and art related publications. Sites using images to draw in google cliks would also be a source of free advertising with watermarks on the images.
I'd also suggest adding wwwpsccontestcom without the dots as the first part ahead of the automated digital names of all images hosted on this site.

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:28 am   Reply with quote         

You are right that I would be honored to be printed. I have some more learning to do before I achieve that status but to be fair the print magazines should reimburse the artist with something even a small byline is not asking much. Now you have me curious where you are displayed Scion I would love to go look it up.

TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:36 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
This issue has certainly come up before. I can tell you beyond any doubt that if you were to spend a good bit of time talking to other PSCers
that you would find an overwhelming majority get a big kick out of seeing one of their images used elsewhere.
You can ask a website to pull an image, sure, but there's not a thing you can do about images that are going into printed magazines.
It is my humble opinion, ( I've a particular image from here that's in a prominent place to be seen that's been printed in magazines, and not just a few times) that since there truly is nothing to be done about it realistically, that the time has come to place a small psc logo and web address on all images SOME TIME AFTER the contest they are in closes, giving this site at least the valuable advertisement from it that it is missing out on. Especially since these images are being grabbed for use in
graphics, and art related publications. Sites using images to draw in google cliks would also be a source of free advertising with watermarks on the images.
I'd also suggest adding wwwpsccontestcom without the dots as the first part ahead of the automated digital names of all images hosted on this site.

Exactly! Well said Joe. This is the whole point I suppose. If these other sites had just put credit for where the images come from then it wouldn't be a problem in my view.

splodge

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:44 am   Reply with quote         

i'm sure someone can code a watermark type thing, most other sites have them,

Hallcross Toots
ScionShade

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's a million dollar idea I've wondered for years why no program developer has been able to pull off, or maybe they just never thought of it.
Embedding a hypertext link into the images file. I don't accept that it can't be done. I've seen executables buried in other file types like mpg and they work.

annajon

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Why not ask all who enter the competition to place a tiny black line underneath the image with white lettering PSContestdotcom, somebody can make this in a Ping file and we can all place it at the bottom of the images, so that each image has a thin black border underneath, and the lettering goes half in the black line, half on the image. It would not create much static on most of the entries I have seen and the person who created the image always has his own without the logo on their computer.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Chop Thievery Hall of Shame - Reply to topic