Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Chop Thievery Hall of Shame - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:35 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Why not ask all who enter the competition to place a tiny black line underneath the image with white lettering PSContestdotcom, somebody can make this in a Ping file and we can all place it at the bottom of the images, so that each image has a thin black border underneath, and the lettering goes half in the black line, half on the image. It would not create much static on most of the entries I have seen and the person who created the image always has his own without the logo on their computer.

The problem with that is that it's easily cropped off the picture. Scion's idea, if I understand it right, is to embed the URL into the photo itself. Similar to EXIF data in a jpg. Don't know how that would work in a GIF though. Plus this info is also easily stripped out by software (like the stuff Vokaris has pointed out).

splodge

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

we need the logo and address in one corner, after the contest is over

Hallcross Toots
Marx-Man

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Tackling this problem...

is tricky...

There are a number of things you can do...

Watermarking is one of the lesser effective ways...

It can be removed... especially if the chop Copyier is dedicated...

Embed it in an wf makes it more tricky to steal a jpeg but again it doesn't stop anyone from print screeing...

Embedding in mpg files prevents print screening and directly nbbing the old fashioned ways but you can simply import the frames into imagready....

Scripting the site so it doesnt allow right clicking on the images does stop people from using the page source function in firefox... etc

the only real way to do it is forbidden access... but then the users cannot veiw it... and ultimatly vote on it...

so...

binding jpegs to another file... it is easy bin a jpeg to a program... like a trojan administration tool...

This would enable the admin to access a thiefs computer and delete the files... and fully identify who thy are etc... however there are soe obvious ethical and legal issue with accompany that but so far thats the best option asides access denied....

Micose

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
Tackling this problem...

is tricky...

There are a number of things you can do...

Watermarking is one of the lesser effective ways...

It can be removed... especially if the chop Copyier is dedicated...

Embed it in an wf makes it more tricky to steal a jpeg but again it doesn't stop anyone from print screeing...

Embedding in mpg files prevents print screening and directly nbbing the old fashioned ways but you can simply import the frames into imagready....

Scripting the site so it doesnt allow right clicking on the images does stop people from using the page source function in firefox... etc

the only real way to do it is forbidden access... but then the users cannot veiw it... and ultimatly vote on it...

so...

binding jpegs to another file... it is easy bin a jpeg to a program... like a trojan administration tool...

This would enable the admin to access a thiefs computer and delete the files... and fully identify who thy are etc... however there are soe obvious ethical and legal issue with accompany that but so far thats the best option asides access denied....

whats is a "wf" Mark ?

splodge

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:58 pm   Reply with quote         

like scion said
[quote="ScionShade"]
that you would find an overwhelming majority get a big kick out of seeing one of their images used elsewhere.
quote]
we just want recognition when i pic is used

Hallcross Toots

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:16 pm   Reply with quote         

well there is a way to get around that right click...... all you have to do is hit printscreen on the keyboard and then hit copy on a new file in photoshop and it copies flash files or any file that the right click is disabled on. Or hit view source and see the code of the file and pull out the img file copy and paste it in a new broswer and you can then right click it..

Marx-Man

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:20 pm   Reply with quote         

wf = swf sorry most imapppropriate thing to miss a letter one... lol

ScionShade

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Most of these guys that re-use our images don't even know how to crop a pic. They, for the most part post them as they find them. No need to get all carried away.

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:36 pm   Reply with quote         

the other way is to copy the entire file after you hit view source and then delete the javascript out that disables the right click .

The swf file issue though as I said was busted. I think there are more people though than not that understand simple html and if they are using the images then they have to code them or are they hotlinking to this site?

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:53 pm   Reply with quote         

HAH! Chicken's KISS Panda's that he posted at Worthless1k are famous:

If you doubt it, do a Google image search for "Kiss Pandas". I believe that there were a few images printed in the National Enquirer or some similar tabloid a few years back...

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:57 pm   Reply with quote         

oooops!!!!! do i see a worthless 1,000 sig on that pic, that's all we want, if worthless can do it i'm sure we can

Hallcross Toots
nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
oooops!!!!! do i see a worthless 1,000 sig on that pic, that's all we want, if worthless can do it i'm sure we can

Yes you do...and this was posted in chat yesterday I think...Chicken's panda's are in it. There's a lot of Worthless posts in it, but maybe a few of our own, I dunno...

Scroll down to see the video...
http://www.dailybuzzer.com/when-graphic-artists-get-bored

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Was this one of ours?

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Those panda's wanna rock and roll all night and party everyday! Laughing

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Chop Thievery Hall of Shame - Reply to topic