Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Rules??? What rules? What are the rules? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm new here ::easy guess right?:: and I must say that I hope that one day I could be half as good as most of you guys. I really am quite envious. Now I face a problem, what exactly are the rules of using a picture to edit yours into? For example, say I wanted to edit a picture to enter in a contest, but I wanted to use anoter background picture, or combine pictures, do I have to have the original artist permission?

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Beast wrote:
I'm new here ::easy guess right?:: and I must say that I hope that one day I could be half as good as most of you guys. I really am quite envious. Now I face a problem, what exactly are the rules of using a picture to edit yours into? For example, say I wanted to edit a picture to enter in a contest, but I wanted to use anoter background picture, or combine pictures, do I have to have the original artist permission?
hey beast welcome you will have tons of fun here. this is a link to the faqs at the bottom it should answer the questions you might want the answers to http://photoshopcontest.com/faq/help.html hope it helps you out.
-matt-

Micose

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         

THIS IS DA LINK TO CHECK TOO.WELCOME.
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4161
mikey

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome Beast, chop like crazy! Cool

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Beast wrote:

Yay..tiny red text rules ! Laughing

Hello Argh

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I get really discouraged when I go through the site and see the rest of the pics that the older members do. I swear I could never be that good! But I guess all you can do is PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE...*sigh* I suck.

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Thank you all, you were all very helpful

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Dude,(edit:err Dudette) I suck at PS. My best chops are full, overwhelmingly full of things I overlooked, bad lighting, bad bad shadows, mismatched textures....
And I gotta deal with guys that can do absolute perfection when they want too, a couple examples-reyrey, Claf, billtv and quite a few others have made images that have no faults that i can find, literally none,
nonetheless, I've done well enough that occasionally i can strut around like a peacock and get away with it.
Keep being the panicky overexcited guy ya are right now, and you'll
find yourself ...impressing yourself, and i offer one little piece of advice,
just don't be lazy about it, don't look to learn shortcuts to make it easier,
just make the images and if ya run out of time, then ya run out of time, there is always the next. Get what you want into the image or move on.
Don't let anything frustrate you, nothing.

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:18 pm   Reply with quote         

The Beast is Female. ::in third person even::. My problem is that's what I strive for, perfection in myself. Not perfection, mind you, just my best. What frusterates me is that I haven't learned enough to do my best. I can edit people quite well, but build? I can't build anything from scratch like most of these people can. So that is my goal, and I hope that with the help and advice from everyone else in the forums, I can improve!.

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Hate to say it, but the "RED TEXT" is actually a signature move by a couple of folks who ...uhhhh...who are not very friendly to the site in general.
I'd lose it.

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:26 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Hate to say it, but the "RED TEXT" is actually a signature move by a couple of folks who ...uhhhh...who are not very friendly to the site in general.
I'd lose it.
Go figure! Lol, too bad there isn't grey. I loathe the fact that people would terrorize websites for fun... Lives? Thank you for the advice::once again::

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Forgive me but it is quite late, and I need sleep. Have an excellent night. Thanks all for the help!

::don't eat cows::

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:29 pm   Reply with quote         

test "a"
test "a"

I never noticed before that the "a" is actually different in the italicized text, not just slanted.

Huh.

Oh, yeah, anyway, WELCOME to PSC! Smile

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:34 am   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
test "a"
test "a"

I never noticed before that the "a" is actually different in the italicized text, not just slanted.

Huh.

Oh, yeah, anyway, WELCOME to PSC! Smile

Laughing Laughing Lol. Laughing Laughing

Welcome to PSC.

cherylm329

Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:38 am   Reply with quote         

Beast wrote:
The Beast is Female. ::in third person even::. My problem is that's what I strive for, perfection in myself. Not perfection, mind you, just my best. What frusterates me is that I haven't learned enough to do my best. I can edit people quite well, but build? I can't build anything from scratch like most of these people can. So that is my goal, and I hope that with the help and advice from everyone else in the forums, I can improve!.

If you look at some of the portfolios of some of the best here, they didn't start out that way or they were pretty good in the beginning, but got even better with time. I am not even close to being the best here, but in just under a years time I have improved in so many ways. You will learn as you go grasshopper Wink which is the best way to learn imho. Some of the flaws that seem to be pointed out the most here is shading, lighting, perpective, compostion, and text on images (not too many fans of that method, unless it's done tastefully). Other than that, it's mostly about enjoying what your doing and learning from others as you go along. Good luck and welcome!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Rules??? What rules? What are the rules? - Reply to topic