Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Whats your favourite - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

How would you order these (from best to worst)

Vector Illustration, Vexel, Chop/Allsource

6%

6%

[ 1 ]

Vector Illustration, Chop/Allsource, Vexel

6%

6%

[ 1 ]

Chop/Allsource, Vector Illustration, Vexel

37%

37%

[ 6 ]

Chop/Allsource, Vexel, Vector Illustration

37%

37%

[ 6 ]

Vexel, Chop/Allsource, Vector Illustration

6%

6%

[ 1 ]

Vexel, Vector Illustration, Chop/Allsource

6%

6%

[ 1 ]

Total Votes: 16

ScionShade

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm not dissing vectors, don't get me wrong, but in general it's very old school, pre-ps old school, pre-modern printing old school. It's wonderful and clean for advertising, and maybe that's what makes it so difficult to impress with. Vectors on the eye, look like a huge portion of the work done by the best advertisers over many decades, you're actually competing with all those images when you post vectors.
you guys that do vectors here are really doing some great stuff. That one you did with the fingertips is exactly what i'm looking for as that extra edge in a vector. that was really good. A vector of a persons face or an object without chopping it into a new scene is boring though---now when someone makes a regular chop of a source and then vectorizes it....
well that's just perfect.
I'll tell ya what i have no respect for though. These images I keep seeing that use 3D rendering.

arcaico

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I'll tell ya what i have no respect for though. These images I keep seeing that use 3D rendering.

like this one Scion? huh? Evil or Very Mad

or like this one Scion? huh? Evil or Very Mad

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

ScionShade

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

I never woulda guessed that used a 3d prog, but my point being,
over the last year the heavy use of 3d figures has brought down the level of quality of this site, along with the use of 'dark' to hide work, make it easier, to impress with little effort, has brought the this place down to
incredibly amateur levels. We still have a couple impressive contests every month,everything else is mediocre. We don't look any better than
any other site out there anymore, in fact it looks like buncha people trying to look like gfx, and the out of the box, pulling off incredibly difficult
images, impressive skillz, and especially the once expected every day pleasure to see bit of originality that defined PSc is lacking for all but a couple days a month.
As long as users that are looking to get a chop in as easy as possible are the ones voting for the sources, it can only get worse. Source voting needs to go.

ScionShade

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:05 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

like this one Scion? huh?

I coulda pulled them both off in just PS.

ScionShade

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Are you saying a 3d program did the reflections on those?
That's not the same at all as someone making the reflections themself.

anfa

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:23 pm   Reply with quote         

I consider using 3D software on this site cheating. If you can't manipulate the source with photoshop(or other photo type software) you shouldn't be here.
This contest pissed me off because I was beaten by 3D software in a PS contest!
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/2001/rolling-in.html?l=&o=votes

arcaico

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Not underestimating yer work Tony, nor trying to attack you Scion, but you make 3D look like you open Max, say the secret words, press a button, and voilá!!! You have a brand new cheated 3D image!!!!!

Like Scion said, he´d never have guessed I used 3D in those... fact is, the202, using his wise words, once told me the good 3D is the one that doesn´t look like 3D... Every entry I do that I use 3D, has a huge ammount of PS work... it´s like getting an outside source... excet for the fact you have a lot of work to make it (instead of simply googling it)...

Another entry I used 3D was the can contest... I had a hell of a hard time to put the 3D and the source together... match lights, shadows, etc, etc...

But of course I don´t use 3D in all my images... from 185, I used it in 4 or 5 entries...

But I wouldn´t consider it cheating... otherwise, serious would be cheating for using Illustrator... wouldn´t he?

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:49 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
I consider using 3D software on this site cheating. If you can't manipulate the source with photoshop(or other photo type software) you shouldn't be here.

That contest pissed me off as well. I felt it was one of my best entries, painstakingly made.

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:50 pm   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
anfa wrote:

That contest pissed me off as well. I felt it was one of my best entries, painstakingly made.

Waaaaaaaaah!

anfa

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Arc - I'm not saying using 3d software is easy. I'm saying it doesn't belong here. There are other sites for the 3d thing.

armogeden

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:13 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
A vector of a persons face or an object without chopping it into a new scene is boring though---now when someone makes a regular chop of a source and then vectorizes it....
well that's just perfect.

YES! EXACTLY!

If I'm honest I hate vexels unless you do something interesting with the image first Evil or Very Mad

ScionShade

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:14 pm   Reply with quote         

I think 3D software is really cool stuff, I din't know Vokaruis's used it and
even so, still think it's a way cool image...as far as 3d use goes, that's exactly the kinda thing I'd be most forgiving of. These 3D use of human figures though--sure, great means to an end but have to say, for here.....it's cheating. Indeed 3d is work, lots of it, but then again, once ya do it, transforming already done work to create new work is so simple it's ridiculous.
If I were capable of coding and maintaining a site like PSC for 3D, you can bet your ass I wouldn't bre hanging around here. Why Proc doesn't get help and make PSc knockoffs of Flash and 3D I just don't understand. With PSC's page ranking ANY site he makes thats relative to PSC and linked from here
will be at top of search engines from the getgo--even above the sites that are already established. People would pay a fortune for that kinda power, and oppurtunity.
PS-that golfball contest was sweet one. I wanna see that quality every day doggonit!

arcaico

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Arc - I'm not saying using 3d software is easy. I'm saying it doesn't belong here. There are other sites for the 3d thing.

ya saying I should get my stuff and go look for another place to stay? Crying or Very sad
but... but... but... Crying or Very sad

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

ScionShade

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

There's another form of cheating that really has put me off lately too.
Use of images of woman in dresses kneeling in the grass looking all innocent and stuff. That CRAP has to stop. Honest-I don't want to insult anyone, but the first few times it was done and it was new, it was cool, but the continued overwhelming use of these images is disgusting now.
Totally unimpressive, totally mediocre, totally lame. The world has enough stinking pictures of girls holding flowers looking at themselves in the water, we get it. STOP!

ScionShade

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:33 pm   Reply with quote         

AND I aint talking about Welans win today. That's a nice chop.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Whats your favourite - Reply to topic