Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - And idea regarding the source images - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

who would like an image up a month or bi-monthy to be shown ahead of time to non-advantage members ?

Yes it will help the competition of the contests

68%

68%

[ 15 ]

No keep everything the same

22%

22%

[ 5 ]

I have a better idea and it's (insert something useful) to forum

4%

4%

[ 1 ]

Let them eat cake

4%

4%

[ 1 ]

Total Votes: 22

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I was thinking that would it not be nice to have maybe a weekly or twice-monthy or at the very least a monthy preview of one of the upcoming source imagesfor folks that don't have Advantage. Just a thought and all but would give people who can't afford advantage or for some reason don't have it to at least have a source image to work on in advance but not post it till the contest is actually open.

What do you people think about this?? And don't kill me for suggesting this. Very Happy

Tea Man

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:42 pm   Reply with quote         

I like this suggestion, helps people who could usually have done well but don't due to a late post. I don't see how a few non-prize images where people w/o advantage can post quicker could hurt anyone.

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Well it just gives them a bit more time to work on the source. I vote the whole board sort of start at the front and then flip to the back and eventually work my way to the middle. I know some people start at the top and work towards the bottom but this gives people time to get an idea and work out the bugs on the image in advance but unless they program it differently to be able to pre-post the image it would still fall in the middle. I don't know how hard it would be to program it to be pre-posted but at least having the source to work on is helpful.

Not trying here to infringe on Advantage but a monthly chop wouldn't be damaging would it or twice monthly? Sort of creates even better competition.

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:03 pm   Reply with quote         

I think this is a good idea. This thread could use a poll.

abraham

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:37 am   Reply with quote         

Nice suggestion! I'm looking forward to that! Rolling Eyes Laughing

annajon

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:36 am   Reply with quote         

All for it. Love the idea in fact.

Make this into a poll

acemanoj

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:03 am   Reply with quote         

Great idea....and felt good as the topic is started by a advantage member. Smile Smile Smile

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:04 am   Reply with quote         

I am not good wording polls I would mess it up anybody want to make it a poll? Anna? Abraham? My poll would suck and so need an expert pole-er POLLEY pool boy? pokeman, pokemon..... ha a good editor....... wanted

Ace:::
ps your avi reminds me so much of the one that freejay used to have ..... I have to remove my mind from that branding but it's permanently in there ( left that site long ago) btw

Tea Man

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:11 am   Reply with quote         

poll is up...

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:20 am   Reply with quote         

I think it's good Teaman, go with it Very Happy

MindGraph

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:42 am   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
I think it's good Teaman, go with it Very Happy

I believe you have to make it manic since you started this forum unless we make a new forum and you can edit your first comment to point them over to it. I think it's a great idea because some people can't get advantage depending on where they are because they can't use credit cards to pay for it or just the other reason where that money could just get put to better use. It would allow people to really show what they can do when they have time. Wink

Micose

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:49 am   Reply with quote         

Liberty, Egality,fraternity...i dig this Manic_D

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:18 am   Reply with quote         

Okay I edited this and made the poll and you guys are stuck with it now and if you do want it we need to decide if
- you want it monthly
- you want it twice a month
- you want it weekly

Then you got to decide do you want pre posting or posting of it on the opening day of the contest

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:19 pm   Reply with quote         

bump

ScionShade

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, everyone's known for a couple weeks what the source is for the tenth of September. Let's se how many took advantage of it.
I think this is the third time this year everyone's gotten it early.
I don't recall many people taking advantage of the opportunity for it before, and this topic has breen brought before the site owner several times already in the past. i f he likes it, he'll get around to it.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - And idea regarding the source images - Reply to topic