Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Fantasy Football Challenge - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TheShaman

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Tofudisan its all on the points we gather each week. The site will take care of all scoring, points and placement of our teams. We will not only be competing in our league for rank, but also against the entire website for world rank as well.

So you just sit back, relax, and enjoy some football! Also be sure to watch the halftime shows and/or the bottom tickers for the fantasy stats Wink

Note:
This game pretty much works like the stock market.

If you have players that everyone wants, your dollar value will increase for said players! Thus gaining you extra money to use later if you wish when you decide to trade them or ones that aren't producing. Cool

now the opposite is also true.
If your player gets hurt, or isn't doing well, his value will decrease and thus loosing you money.
Shocked

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Never Mind. LETS RUMBLE!

TheShaman

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
My Quarterbacks might not contribute too many points.

do you have two backup QB's?

you may want to consider getting at least one starter. Even if hes on a bad team. Little points are better than no points.

also, after the first week, there will be a whole list of rookie players who were not available on day one... Why they do this? I don't know. Must be to make sure these players are actually going to play. Although there will be some players that are on current rosters that may have been cut yet they were available for you to pick up? I normally will add at least one rookie, cause they're so cheap, then boost one of my other positions that had a so-so guy on it... So the first week normally is a wash, unless you're really really lucky.

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:04 pm   Reply with quote         

I've been reading things on the site and I can't tell how it limits which players are on which teams. What's to stop all of us from having Peyton Manning as our starting QB? Nothing?

It seems that it's theoretically possible to have several teams that are identical to one another. Shocked

TheShaman

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Yep, it is theoretically possible... but not likely (at least for our PSC league).

They do have a game where theres a real draft, where only one team will have a certain player but thats a pay to play game.

I highly doubt that we all have Peyton Manning on our teams.

I know I don't have him Wink
I bet everyone chose different defenses too.

once the game starts, you should be able to go into each managers team and see the players chosen.

Lets say we all have the same teams, we'll worry bout that then.

I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that there will be enough player differences between us (in our league) not to worry about such things.

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:29 pm   Reply with quote         

See I'm too used to a drafting league! Laughing

I think I'm starting to grasp how this thing will work. Say we all have Peyton (regardless of reality here). We all get the points that he earns this week. Correct? So if he has a crappy week then his $10.5M price tag goes down and the teams that have him basically "lose money".

On the converse you could have a running back that has an outstanding game and his price goes up. You sell your stock in him high and pick-up another player cheaper in the hopes that his next game will be a break-out game.

So at the end of the season you want the team that has the most "value". Am I on the right track here?

TheShaman

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

yep pretty much.

but the money only goes up and down depending on trades of the fellow participants. Not necessarily on how they did each week, though that will determine if people trade them.

if everyone has manning at the beginning and no one trades him either on or off the team, his money will stay the same. but if theres a problem like gets hurt or demoted, then everyone will sell him off the team, and his market value decreases. Or if he does soooo good, that everyone is drafting him, his money value will increase.

same goes with some rookie. they start out (normally) at the low end of the scale, @500k but if they're outstanding, and you've picked him up at the beginning, you could stand to make a few million easily. and thus use that extra dough on other players.

You will also find that during a bye week, your player or team defense will probably loose some value because a lot of people will trade off the players not playing that week, but if they're good, they'll go right back up the next week they're playing.

so things to watch for on your team:

Total TSNP: .0(0) (this is the points for each week totaled)
Division Rank: 0(0) (1st place - last place depending on your TSNP)
World Rank: 0(0) out of 0 (your total TSNP vs the world)
Franchise Value: $35.00M($.00M) which will go up or down depending on value of players...
and your
Franchise Value Rank: 0 (this will be a world ranking depending on how much $$ you have compared to the world)

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Shaman said:

I highly doubt that we all have Peyton Manning on our teams

I do, does this mean I actually made a good choice?

Cool Cool Cool Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Cool Cool Cool

TheShaman

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:48 pm   Reply with quote         

to have manning on your team?

hell yes thats a good choice! but it also depends on the rest of your team. but he'll def get you points. thats for sure.

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:46 pm   Reply with quote         

*redundant post

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:07 pm   Reply with quote         

signed in, don't have any idea what i'm doing but we'll see

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Don't worry, Gref, we're in the same boat. Razz

Anyway, anyone who knows what they're doing want to take a look at my team and tell me what you think? Laughing

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:01 pm   Reply with quote         

i just studied the rules and gameplay for over an hour

conclusion: i'm still where i was before, meaning: nowhere Laughing

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:22 am   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
i just studied the rules and gameplay for over an hour

conclusion: i'm still where i was before, meaning: nowhere Laughing

Well, thanks for doing this, now I won't bother trying this as I'll probably end up where you are as well.

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:38 am   Reply with quote         

Dammit, it's AMERICAN football...I thought it was EUROPEAN football, or what you guys call "soccer"...American Football is like Rugby but with protection Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Fantasy Football Challenge - Reply to topic