Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - 3D Contest - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Would you do a 3D contest?

Yes!

36%

36%

[ 14 ]

No

63%

63%

[ 24 ]

Total Votes: 38

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:18 am   Reply with quote         

btw I really like your frog zapping animation so does that make me a hypcocrite lol I guess so this here pirate will again clamp jaws shut

TheShaman

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:56 am   Reply with quote         

Well since I don't have any 3D software, I would have to say...

NO. I would not do a 3D contest. Laughing Contest is kinda general... What kind are you after FF?
Are you talking an official PSC3D contest, or a sub-contest within another contest, or a plain forum contest?

I too don't mind if someone uses an outside source made from 3D so long as its an external. But using the 3D software exclusively kinda gets away from the whole Photoshop part of the contests doesn't it?

As some others have said, there are 3D contest websites out there, why not join and learn there too? Are we only to be exclusive here at PSC? Are we not allowed to branch out and play other games elsewhere?

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:16 am   Reply with quote         

I am with Grefix, Marco, and Shaman.

This is a Photoshop site. There are many tools within Photoshop, especially CS3 that will give you the ability to create 3D looking images. Using 3D software to entirely create an image and then posting it on this site is against what JMH intended when he first created this site.

Why can't we just stick to how it was back in the old days, when photoshopping was photoshopping.

For you newbies, just take a look at some of the portfolios from the original members. Now do you think 3D software was used in creating those images?

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:19 am   Reply with quote         

I guess the morale of the story is - use 3D as you please, but be sure to cover it up with some obvious Photoshop so that nobody notices. Or maybe introduce flaws into the 'perfect' shadows and reflections Very Happy

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:21 am   Reply with quote         

Booooooo

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:08 am   Reply with quote         

wouldn't it be called 3DC.com ?

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

Ok, I guess people misunderstood me.
I don't think that entirely 3D stuff should be in the contests, and I think that partial 3D stuff should be clearly labeled.

I'm not talking about posting 3D stuff in the actual contests, I'm talking about a 3D contest in the forums.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:11 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
Ok, I guess people misunderstood me.
I don't think that entirely 3D stuff should be in the contests, and I think that partial 3D stuff should be clearly labeled.

I'm not talking about posting 3D stuff in the actual contests, I'm talking about a 3D contest in the forums.
It would be fun, but how would you make it a 'Contest'? Perhaps get the 3D wannabees together via PM's, agree on terms/theme/source/size/date/etc, then post all images together and set up a poll.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Maybe there's at least 10 ppl on this site interested in a 3D comp. Remember polls only hold 10 options...
Rolling Eyes

FootFungas

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
It would be fun, but how would you make it a 'Contest'? Perhaps get the 3D wannabees together via PM's, agree on terms/theme/source/size/date/etc, then post all images together and set up a poll.

Yeah, Pretty much. I started this thread to see if people are interested. the poll says 8 people would do a 3D contest. Seems like a good size contest.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:18 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
I started this thread to see if people are interested. the poll says 8 people would do a 3D contest. Seems like a good size contest.
I would do it. I'm a bit rusty, but it would be nice to see what I remember Smile

FootFungas

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:22 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Well since I don't have any 3D software

Oh, but you can!
I use Blender, its an incredible 3D software thats free!
The stupid people write updates and add a buttload of professional level stuff and give it away for free!!!

http://www.blender.org/

There's also a pretty good WikiBook for It.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

ScionShade

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:06 pm   Reply with quote         

I think FF should have his contest, and I think it should be put into a daily contest for just one day for fun
PSC GOES 3D FOR A DAY and all that hype.
I also think it is utter bullshit that we have gsphere as a source and
not announcing it in news and a thread as a free advantage image for a day and a one time 3d contest. Special events and contests occasionally are awesome.they just require being COMMUNICATED to the people who use this site. For the life of me, I can not imagine why next monday's source is not on the homepage with a story saying
*** "PSC FREE FOR ALL DAY"
where anyone and everyone is invited to post the best they can come up with using Photoshop.Post anything you like as long as it was worked in an image manipulation program. ***
AND for GSphere day:
***"PSC GOES TRIPLE-D"Although use of 3d programs are usually frowned upon except to create backgrounds, or non-critical objects in an image. For one day we're gonna let our resident 3d maniacs and anyone one else who wishes to join the fun, a chance to WOW us all.***

ScionShade

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:07 pm   Reply with quote         

GREAT JUMPING FRICKAFRACKS! No PIRATEY Source for the Nineteenth???ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

ScionShade

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry for the triple post FF, but here's as good as any..
ANNOUNCEMNET- Sept 17th is "Sperm and Eggs",
contestants must follow the theme of "Sperm and Eggs".
There's a great deal of room to move on this themed contest, and i suspect an oppurtunity to possibly pull off the most exciting contest we've seen in months.
I'm going with an overhead shot of piglets (HAM) converging on one giant sunny side up egg(egg). CHOW DOWN! Lessee what ya'all GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody post this on the home page GARMINT!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - 3D Contest - Reply to topic