Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Burning Man Festival - Reply to topic

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:54 am   Reply with quote         

I know I have been a bit heavy on the forum but I can not resist this posting this.
About the Burning Man Festival
http://www.burningman.com/art_of_burningman/bm07_theme.html

The art work for this poster is to me just so interesting. I would love to go to one of these festivals in my lifetme just once. It just sounds like one really arty arty party and some of you folks here at psc sound like you'd fit in here to a T. I know it's weird as hell but to me it's this kind of weird that sparks ideas and creativeness. Anybody ever been to one of these things?

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:29 am   Reply with quote         

pit bull. i haven't but my down stairs neighbor has and does every year he's out there if ya know what i mean Laughing but he says its fun and just gets fucking blown of his rocker every time he goes Shocked

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:42 am   Reply with quote         

lol YOu know I wanted to go for the art but I suppose one or two parties isn't so bad but to be blown away all week would defeat the purpose but I guess it must be good if he goes yearly. wow I bet he has some pics to share

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:19 am   Reply with quote         

yeah some strange and very cool pics

annajon

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:57 am   Reply with quote         

Well, Manic, when you do, you will need a camper van with airco - and about four gallons of water per person per day unless you feel you need to wash, then you need to bring more water. In fact, you need to bring everything you need. And plenty fuel for the van too.

But I have heard that it is a grand experiance.

Micose

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Well, Manic, when you do, you will need a camper van with Arcaico - and about four gallons of tequila per person per day unless you feel you need to wash, then you need to bring more beer. In fact, you need to bring everything you need. And plenty fuel for the van too.

But I have heard that it is a grand experiance.

Shocked Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

Anna: you sound like you've tried but but I think the Netherlands is a bit far to travel to Nevada. Very Happy

you are so funny Micose, stuck in a camper van with a strange guy? just a bit kinky! Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:36 am   Reply with quote         

yeah, I plan to get to this at least once in my lifetime. more hopefully. Going to make a cool display. Razz

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:42 am   Reply with quote         

I considered going a few years back, Before it got super huge. My main issue was the enormous amount of money. Admission, Gas, Food, And party supplies totals more than a 7 day cruise to Mexico.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:12 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
I considered going a few years back, Before it got super huge. My main issue was the enormous amount of money. Admission, Gas, Food, And party supplies totals more than a 7 day cruise to Mexico.

Dittoish-- that and men walking around with their willies hanging out gives me the *Shiver me timbers*

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:37 pm   Reply with quote         

well I haven't looked into the cost but it seems that you could do a day event and not stay the whole week. I don't know if I could handle a whole week of it. You'd have to be with people you care about being as Scion says naked with or comfortable on that level. Just to go by myself would not be likely too much fun. I doubt my hubby who is preppy to the nines would EVER consider removing his loafers much less anything else, I can't see him with body paint. Who knows though if you got drunk enough lol that a painted on bathing suit wouldn't just be grand, though that's after a shave and a wax. Very Happy

ScionShade

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:42 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd consider starting small, like the local folk festival and working my way up.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

start small with the festival I take it and NOT the shave and wax? ha YOU don't know where I live!! The Bible belt they don't take off clothes or do much around here unless it's a baptism.. now if you go a bit further to New Orleans well you are in a new ballpark! Cool

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Burning Man Festival - Reply to topic