Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - SEP 11 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Micose

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:55 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Micose wrote:
yes...we still think about that u know in Europe, i will watch the documentary tonight btw, like each year since 2002. I can talk about what i know only...and what i know is the artists attitude after the 11sept... myself was doing my usual stuff, then the horror happened and i was totally unable to make anything painted or musical (i sing n compose)...nothing...and for a while...then i heard that ALL painters, writers etc...had the same unability to do create ...why creating ? what is the purpose of all this, painting, writing,...writing what? what is important... unable to find any interest in art, to dare to paint, to express...unable...

It wasn't just artists. Everyone I knew was in a sort of haze for weeks and even months after. Queen La Tiff told me her story once. She really had it hard as she could see it happen from her apartment window. Confused

Yes. The emotion was so big that nothing has been expressed at that time...there u understand what is important, essentiel...and in that moment art would have been (and still is) useless to express such horror.just impossible. And yes Queen Latiff is from NYC, i bet she had hard time...
MindGraph

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:22 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I'm still fucked up from that day.

me too. I used to live 45 minutes away from where it happened and I have alot of friends in that general area too. I remember when the first plane hit feeling confused knowing it's a no fly zone and then the second made it obvious that we were being attacked and then the Pentagon and shortly after the downed airliner. More than I think any of us can comprehend to this day. Unfortunately it made the worst impact ever in the U.S. and is still here today. This is one thing I'm glad the media continues to bring up because we definitely need to be reminded how small we are. I still see people jumping from the buildings and wonder how bad could it have been where jumping from that height was a better option to them.
On the good side it showed me the beauty of people no matter what country your from. Showing emotions all over the world was overwhelming bittersweet to me. Every time I saw a picture or article showing people in another country paying their respects I got choked up.Even in the U.S. it was probably the one time where people stopped and appreciated who and what was around them. On a normal day someone bumping into someone else while talking on their cell phone turned into loaning your cell phone to someone so they could call a loved one and let them know they were ok.
As you mentioned Rey it's something that keeps you fucked up no matter how the world goes on.

MindGraph

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
I'm sorry that so many lost their lives. And worse for those who lost love ones and are alive to remember it each and every day.

But each day there are those out there who someone can help. Exercise a Random Act of Kindness, and pass it on!

I'm sorry that so many lost their lives in a catastrophe planned by George W Bush. Who had planned on using the American blind rage to sign into law the right for the government to spy on every american. Then followed it by starting a war with a country totally unrelated to the party who claimed responsibility for the bombing.

Yet the Bush family is still long time friends with the family of this terrorist.

So to the US Government 911 was simply a justified loss to get more control of the American people and further encroach on their freedoms.

Just my thoughts and beliefs. Crying or Very sad

extremely well said imo. Exactly how I feel too. I think we should have made some progress by now huh? Wink

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

I suggest reading this book to find out what really happened on that fateful day, Michael C. Ruppert nailed it from day 1, his life has been destroyed for doing so.

cafn8d

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:33 pm   Reply with quote         

I hate September now. 9/11/01 of course, 9/21/06 (brother-in-law's step-father's suicide), 9/28/06 (my mother passing away). Crying or Very sad

I know Tiff and many others were much more adversely affected (seeing more, losing loved ones) than I was; and I don't know how she does it. She's still in NYC, I believe. Me, I still have horrible, vivid, nightmarish memories whenever I think of it. I watched that first plane, but I think it was the aftermath in the following months that really wore me down. I had to escape. Long story short, I'll just say "I'm with ReyRey." Crying or Very sad

NYC Transit and LIRR personnel are some of the largely unsung heroes to whom I will forever be grateful--for staying on their jobs so I could (eventually) get back home. Thank you. Hug

Wiz

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
I would really like to comment on the events that happen on
SEP 11 2001 but I'm afraid of retaliation from some unhappy PSC users... so here it is... Me commenting on SEP 11 2001.

Forget the Politicians and all their bullshi*, today we remember the ones who died and the ones who died trying to save them... THE 9-11-01 HEROES.

"It had the same deadening effect on me as the Kennedy shooting in Dallas. A fleeting moment caught and frozen in amber, that enables you to remember exactly where you were, and what you were doing in slow motion. They are both Black Days for me, which I reluctantly remember very well. So here's to all those NYFD heroes that died on that infamous 9/11 day trying to save others, only to lose their own in the attempt. And here's to New York and New Yorkers, may the World never forget it's pain!"

edovan

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
Until today, that day was the worst example of what human can do.

Yes, it was a terrible thing that happened five years ago, but if you think again there are a lot of even worse examples of human evil. Genocide in WW2, Cambodia, Rwanda and Jugoslavia to mention a few...
And honestly, the previously mentioned war on terror IS worse aswell. Just count the number of killed civilians in Iraq since the invasion and compare...

However, I specially feel with those who lost their lives trying to save others on this day in NY, 2001. When all this happened, I was in the middle of a fire fighter-training. I never started working as a fire fighter (for various reasons), but the whole thing felt very strange at the time.
Marx-Man

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah when several thousand tonnes of steel and concrete fall from the top downwards in an implausable way... for the first time in recorded history, a skyscraper designed not to fall in on itself.. falling in on itself in a way it was specifically engineered not to...

Damn...

Those poor bastards in that building didn't stand a chance.

Conspiracy theorise all ya want but it shouldn't happen no matter the reason...

Oscar

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

It still amazes me what people do to each other, if you think about it, we haven't change much in all this years.

dewdew

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:00 pm   Reply with quote         

It truely amazes me that even though we are all from diffrent walks of life and diffrent countrys. We all felt the hit. To hear someone not from AMERICA state that they were affected by that days event, just goes to show you that it was not just a hit on AMERICA but the world.

When we arrived in iraq the only objective was to bring and restore freedom from the likes of Saddam and the terrorist. That will never happen because the country will not stand up and fight for its freedom. If we build the place back and teach them to protect it. That should be enough, but they expect more. Iraq is still fearful of the tirants that ran it. They are not ready or willing to protect what many hold so dear, and thats the right to live in peace. If ya want to know the truth we should say hey ,we took out the bad guy, we build it back, now here it is. THE future of the mideast is for them to decide, not us. If ya let known terrorist in to the country, into your citys, into your streets. How do you expect to be free?

I say take a lesson from the pennsylvania flight. Allow no one to be your capture, dont sit back and watch it happen, get out them seats and take this motherfooker back. If ya fail at least you tried,because dying free is better than living caged. God will know who is who!

But everyone has thier take on it. So dont be offended by this, I am just some gungho crazy bastard that was born about 100 years too late. Dont let a memory of a bad event take you from your everyday lives. If ya do they win,
personally i am one big sore looser.

love ya all, DEWDEW

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I thought this 9/11 post on MyExtraLife.com nailed how a lot of Americans felt/feel.

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I too have mixed emotions. I was working my shift at the hospital and this thing unfolded on TV and I was just thinking the first plane was a big accident but when the second on hit we knew and the work still had to be done but you sort of worked in a robotic manner that day. I remember leaving work at 7 pm that night and seeing the flags at half mast and the streets deserted and wondering what was next.. as I live near the nuclear plant that bombed Japan in the 40's you have to think that this would be a target and would this whole thing end and was this the end of the end?
But as time passes I am sort of feeling that the media likes to yank our chains and broadcast this stuff annually . While I respect all the suffered and died from this event including their families I feel too in a way that there is no way to get past it as it's in your face, they want to turn this in to something that needs respect but yet is not so I don't know what I am trying to articulate , it's the same thing they do at Christmas each year, turn it into something that is not the intended reason. So I do honor those that went thru this. Peace to all.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:19 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
let's not forget all those who died and are still dieing in the so called 'war on terror', spawned by this event. Confused
i feel you on that one dude get em the fuck out of there

Sassy

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:19 pm   Reply with quote         

A Hero is someone who runs into a burning building when everyone else is running out.

My brother is a Fireman/Paramedic and I ask everyday that he and his brothers are divinely protected at all times...its all I can do,every day these guys put their lives on the line to save strangers and 9-11 was no different .

Personally It was my worst nightmare playing out even tho my brother was not there,I try to not think about it...but sometimes you have too because..

It could have happened in any US city.

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:29 pm   Reply with quote         

hey tofu, I can't get your link to work Sad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - SEP 11 - Reply to topic