Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Filter Forge! etc... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

edovan

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:22 pm   Reply with quote         

First a huge THANK YOU to all the people that voted for my Paper Airforce entry. I had a quite crappy day at work so this was a great thing to get back to! Very Happy

I look forward to try out Filter Forge. I have never had any of theese special plugins for PS. I have a vague memory of a KAI Power Tools demo but that was when PS 5.5 still was around (or was it even PaintShop Pro 3?).
Seems to be a really neat tool looking at the website.

Stupid question perhaps, but - What happens now? When and how do I get my prize? Wink
Micose

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:31 pm   Reply with quote         

edovan wrote:
First a huge THANK YOU to all the people that voted for my Paper Airforce entry. I had a quite crappy day at work so this was a great thing to get back to! Very Happy

I look forward to try out Filter Forge. I have never had any of theese special plugins for PS. I have a vague memory of a KAI Power Tools demo but that was when PS 5.5 still was around (or was it even PaintShop Pro 3?).
Seems to be a really neat tool looking at the website.

Stupid question perhaps, but - What happens now? When and how do I get my prize? Wink

its crap.id better never know if i ever voted for a "work" using that pluggin.

Dot

Location: Tacoma, WA since march 2010, born and raised in Belgium

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

people don't like the use of filters/plugins in contest chops...it's a bit like cheating. You let the filter do all the work... Some filters/plugins are okay i guess..but better to warn you anyway Wink

arcaico

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:58 pm   Reply with quote         

filter forge, bonus bonanza, art studio pro, etc etc, or whatever they´re called... they´re all crap... deal is... crappy company that can´t sell these piece of shit softwares give a few copies to psc, psc has PRIZES (OHHHH PRIZES) in the contests... crappy companies get advertisement for their crappy products... and everybody is happy... except, of course, experienced choppers, that expect decent prizes (like anfa´s laptop, my wacom tablet, a few ipods and so on) To be honest, I´d rather win a gordonk t-shirt than one of these crappy softwares... the only GOOD software I´ve seen as a prize here was Poser... and it´s not PS related... anyway, my 2 cents. (Proc, don´t take it personally... by the way, Compete in Mega-Prize contests and Entered in our monthly prize drawing is still announced... just check the advantage details page, or the advantage page for non-logged members)

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

edovan

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah, I know, filters are decieving. The trick is to use them without anyone noticing =)
Dot

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:12 pm   Reply with quote         

edovan wrote:
Yeah, I know, filters are decieving. The trick is to use them without anyone noticing =)

good luck Laughing i think some of the choppers are bloodhounds when it comes to filters

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:50 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
To be honest, I´d rather win a gordonk t-shirt than one of these crappy softwares...

DITTO! I know that downloadable software prizes are more convenient to deal with logistically but that doesn't mean they're more desirable.

Dot wrote:
edovan wrote:

good luck Laughing i think some of the choppers are bloodhounds when it comes to filters

Except the flood filter. Rey LOVES to see people use flood filters. It's his favorite.

OH and lens flare! You can never go wrong with the lens flare filter. It looks awesome!

Laughing

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I would like to win a printed poster of PhotoshopContest ("MarxMan" version)... Cool

Dot

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:11 pm   Reply with quote         

oh..and the jigsaw filter...noooooo chance ANYONE can figure out it's a filter..it's just such a subtle one

arcaico

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Dot wrote:
oh..and the jigsaw filter...noooooo chance ANYONE can figure out it's a filter..it's just such a subtle one

dot... I won a contest with a jigsaw puzzle... and no filter was used...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Dot

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         

well..there's always an exception to the rule Wink and you're special...euhm....in a way Laughing

annajon

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I would go for a win, when there is a coffee mug to gain.

anfa

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:46 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
filter forge, bonus bonanza, art studio pro, etc etc, or whatever they´re called... they´re all crap... deal is... crappy company that can´t sell these piece of shit softwares give a few copies to psc, psc has PRIZES (OHHHH PRIZES) in the contests... crappy companies get advertisement for their crappy products... and everybody is happy... except, of course, experienced choppers, that expect decent prizes (like anfa´s laptop, my wacom tablet, a few ipods and so on) To be honest, I´d rather win a gordonk t-shirt than one of these crappy softwares... the only GOOD software I´ve seen as a prize here was Poser... and it´s not PS related... anyway, my 2 cents. (Proc, don´t take it personally... by the way, Compete in Mega-Prize contests and Entered in our monthly prize drawing is still announced... just check the advantage details page, or the advantage page for non-logged members)

Yup, I hate these shitty software prizes. Why would anyone want filters when they want to learn Photoshop. This is a step backwards. I liked it when there where I-Pod shuffles, Wacom tablets and digital cameras up for the taking. And the "Mega Prize" thing pisses me off the most. I won the only Mega Prize contest and I feel guilty (and I know it's no fault of mine) that nobody else has had the chance to do the same.
Get the real prizes back and then some of us might do some real chopping.

Micose

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:23 pm   Reply with quote         

nice add Arc...i say YAY for a Gordonk T-shirt ! long time i want one
Micose

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

yea this is serious hot topic, kill the taboo, kill the pluggins

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Filter Forge! etc... - Reply to topic