Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Would anyone be interested? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Would you be interested in a site like the one described below?

Yes!

73%

73%

[ 14 ]

No!

26%

26%

[ 5 ]

Total Votes: 19

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a site where users could have their own website (site.com/username) and host images/files as sort of a super extended profile. This would all be free of course.

The reason I ask is I am getting web hosting, and it's gonna have a lot more space than I need, so I thought I'd share.

So... Are ya interested?

Micose

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:35 pm   Reply with quote         

i am in. Cool
Granulated

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:40 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a site where users could have their own website (site.com/username) and host images/files as sort of a super extended profile. This would all be free of course.

The reason I ask is I am getting web hosting, and it's gonna have a lot more space than I need, so I thought I'd share.

So... Are ya interested?

sounds cool Smile

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Sounds cool but aren't you afraid of going over your monthly bandwidth allotment?

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Sounds cool but aren't you afraid of going over your monthly bandwidth allotment?

I have 2,500gb per month. Do you think it would go over?

Update: The site will be pschost.com

Wiz

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:42 pm   Reply with quote         

K0    """!!!
     """!!

Wiz

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Very Happy
Where do we go?

Micose

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:02 pm   Reply with quote         

to the bar Wizzy...to the bar my aussie friend
splodge

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

300 Gigabytes of Hosting Space
Host UNLIMITED Domains!!
Unlimited Pop/Imap Email Accounts
SSH Access (Secure Shell)
3,000 Gigs of Transfer

But if you get more than 30 on line at the same time, looking at pix, chating or in the forum your site will be cut of line, do it to often your contract will be terminated, make sure the host site you buy your GB's from has a forum, go in there and read all the complaints from .ppl who thought they were buying a bomb proof, never ending site, just to find out they would be better of with a dedicated 1GB site, try the forum on 'hostmonster.com' and watch the admin trying to explain thier way out of it.

Hallcross Toots

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:28 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
300 Gigabytes of Hosting Space
Host UNLIMITED Domains!!
Unlimited Pop/Imap Email Accounts
SSH Access (Secure Shell)
3,000 Gigs of Transfer

But if you get more than 30 on line at the same time, looking at pix, chating or in the forum your site will be cut of line, do it to often your contract will be terminated, make sure the host site you buy your GB's from has a forum, go in there and read all the complaints from .ppl who thought they were buying a bomb proof, never ending site, just to find out they would be better of with a dedicated 1GB site, try the forum on 'hostmonster.com' and watch the admin trying to explain thier way out of it.

Shocked Could you direct me to this HostMonster hullabaloo? I host my grandparents' hotrod company website using them. I'm not too worried as we get like 1 visitor a month, but I'd still like to read this. Or just tell me what to search for, I can probably find it that way.

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:32 pm   Reply with quote         

I use 1and1. They are really cheap, and from every account I've heard, they are very reliable. My friend hosts multiple sites with the same package I ordered, and at one point one had a lot of traffic (before it was attacked by a bot army Laughing (but seriously, they exist)).

ScionShade

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Thats about what I get from Godaddy.
They've been pretty cool about it--I had two days the site ran slow, I called..they always answer the phone and switched me to a new server in two hours.
That's really the best part--toll free help and they answer right away and walk ya through anything ya want...before that I had to nag Splodge and Gref, and Tofu, and others all the time.

splodge

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

nag me anytime scion Smile

forget about the hostmonster forum you have to buy a package from them before you can get into the forum,

mason, in the control pannel at the btm of the page right at the btm, theres a link to the forum,

from HM forum,
"I don't think it's a problem. HM strictly caps the amount of server load permissible for each account. If someone exceeds the cap, that website will be taken offline, preventing the entire box from being taken down by one account."

PS.i host over 2.5GB of tutorials up to 50 hits a day on HM, i've never noticed a problem, the tut's are all video and downloadable, i must be pulling a lot of band width from them

Hallcross Toots
janetdog

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

If I had a nickle for every picture I lost to a host. PSC did not host pictures in the beginning. photoisland, worth, and a few others I can't recall used to boink pictures off of servers after a set number of days. I say keep copies of everything!

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:14 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
... I host my grandparents' hotrod company website using them. I'm not too worried as we get like 1 visitor a month...

I got 1 visitor in the past 3 months... to be honest... it was a fried who was looking at the design.

Anyways, I"m in.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Would anyone be interested? - Reply to topic