Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Prize contests - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

one per per 90

Make it so Number One./yup

52%

52%

[ 9 ]

But Captain! She's giving you all she's got!/nope

47%

47%

[ 8 ]

Total Votes: 17

Martrex

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:44 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
ScionShade wrote:
annajon wrote:
You can not stop people to enter a closed contest and you can't stop people from voting for entries, so how are you going to limit the prizes they win?

Start making better competition entries ShionShade and ENTER them, then you can win too.

I've been asking you for months--who were you before you took on the new alias Annajon.

Read my profile, I have been here since 2004 and I have never had a change of mind or body. Just a better photoshop programme

And perhaps lots of preservatives? Laughing Laughing Laughing

kittie

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:59 pm   Reply with quote         

The prize thing killed me from the beginning... went from a grand learning experience to a bunch of crap. People who's work I really enjoyed began decreasing in value, went from a couple pages of GOOD work to six or seven pages of nonsense. I had tons of reasons for not being around at PSC, but that was definitely one of them.
However, in all fairness, the prize contests are anonymous for a reason. The best is the best, and if yer poutin about it, it's more than likely because yer sick of not winning.

That's my two cents, but you've heard it all before.

Ok, I'm gone. sorry to make your eyes bleed.

Synthvet

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:03 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
The prize thing killed me from the beginning... went from a grand learning experience to a bunch of crap. People who's work I really enjoyed began decreasing in value, went from a couple pages of GOOD work to six or seven pages of nonsense. I had tons of reasons for not being around at PSC, but that was definitely one of them.
However, in all fairness, the prize contests are anonymous for a reason. The best is the best, and if yer poutin about it, it's more than likely because yer sick of not winning.

That's my two cents, but you've heard it all before.

Ok, I'm gone. sorry to make your eyes bleed.

* wipes eyes with extra blood absorbing kleenex * Laughing Laughing Laughing

mikey

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:41 pm   Reply with quote         

There's nothing wrong with winning a prize once in a while, and I tend to think since there is a prize involved people do much better photoshop work because they know the competition is fierce and they better kick it up a notch! I may be wrong though.
masterpieces are not done everyday, there are some dry spells. unless your marco! Laughing sometimes it's fun just to talk with with some friends with things in common too! Very Happy and there is always something new to learn! Cool here's an idea, 1,000 dollar prize every 90 days! Very Happy also you get the src for that contest 90 days in advance. Rolling Eyes that would really get em choppin some quality pics! Laughing Very Happy Wink Cool we could also give away free emoticons for some prizes. Razz

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

We should just give away M&M's.

Soze

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:28 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
We should just give away M&M's.

mmmmmmm i like m&ms Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:33 pm   Reply with quote         

soze you like any round shiny objects

Oscar

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Why don't we just settle this once and for all? Kill Scion, kill me and anyone else who opposes what PSC has become!

This is madness!!!

ScionShade

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
ScionShade wrote:
A person is limited to one prize win every ninety days.
why?

see al kind of replies here, but not one reason (solid or not), why this should be...

Why? why?....WHY??????????..oh, just cause the question came to mind...thats all--it is pretty much something I think i've seen just about everywhere that it's one chance to win per thirty days...Honestly I didn't really think through why--it felt like a decent question--I could give plenty of reasons why, but I just asked to see if it was just me that thought it a good idea...
Annajon--I'm just teasing--if ya recall..when ya showed up a few months back I was miffed that out of nowhere some newbie showed up and just magically knew who the best choppers were--then ya pointed out the "YEAR" in yer profile to me in chat....I just thought it was funny is all..yer timing was good.
As far as me not chopping--I'm being a creep, don't deny it...
I've chopped just for fun without trying to impress anyone--I have respect for that...I also respect the competition-..I love seeing people going whole hog out there and trying to make a sick chop that will cause my head to spin at the technical skill, artistic skill,
incredibly timely and hilarious comical images...Some great choppers here that do that...some great new ones even--they aint getting the respect, votes, appreciation for it they deserve.IMHO.
Games...yup...a creep again for well over a year now..watching
cafN8d, Eve, Footfungus, and Blurker try to get good games going--I'm sorry you guys but every time someone tries to get a big game
going it gets derailed and hijacked into something else.
{{{{(why oh why does it have to upset people if we use one or two or three daily contests a year for a special game like coolab?---is that really....really such a sacrifice? Do you even know what I am saying when I ask you to just imagine 202 & J-elzic doing a coolab?)))))..doggonit...
ask somebody! the games we used to get going were really really stinking
awesome...honest--just one stinking time let a game that requires more than a few minutes attention to get going...these scavy hunts these guys are talking about? so funny you'll never forget them.

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:39 pm   Reply with quote         

i would personally reply to this at least honest bit of dialogue to you in a pm but you don't open them so all i ask as a new person who walked into this insanity is this? I don't care what we do as long as we chop up something.. and sometimes when you get on a goading warpath i wanna chop you but i don't know you and don't know whence you come from and the path you came. I don't know the old psc or the old great choppers. I just wanna have fun without everything being dark gloomy and forbidding, fearing to open up that some old pscer will take a pot shot and yeah just wanna chop and it's in my nature to wanna have everybody happy.

ScionShade

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Fearing to open up like that is probly because you arent comfortable with what you might say and what the reaction to what you might say...might be.
My advice...I'd keep doing what yer doing.

ScionShade

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I take that back..I'd stop doing what yer doing and not do anything at all...really..it's safer that way.

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:29 pm   Reply with quote         

safe= no fun, dull
unsafe=insanity but fun Very Happy

ScionShade

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Then in all seriousness...get off Pm and open up..take yer chances.
Most of these people are all fluff, bunnies, and cloying hugs...
ignore the grouches.

dewdew

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:34 pm   Reply with quote         

can i stop doing what i was doing, Confused
I'm getting tired.........what was i doing?
Damn the no working ADD meds! DAMN 'um all to hell.

I know the old psc can't be better than this one......THEY DID NOT HAVE DEWDEW Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Prize contests - Reply to topic