Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSC Wikinomics. The untapped source? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Wiz

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Read the blurb about this Canadian's book on our changing IT World and think how we (PSC'ers) can harness the 'Idea'.

http://www.wikinomics.com/book/

We have such a fantastic mix of talent on board that lies dormant and untapped. The question is how do we 'Collectively' utilise it... Think about it! Question Question Question Question Idea Arrow Please consider Smile Wiz

annajon

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

bump

still thinking

Read it

What would be use it for?

Micose

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:31 pm   Reply with quote         

WE ARE THE FUTURE
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Many mature firms are benefiting from this new business paradigm, and we share their stories too. Companies such as Boeing, BMW, and Procter & Gamble have been around for the better part of a century. And yet these organization and their leaders have seized on collaboration and self organization as powerful new levers to cut costs, innovate faster, co-create with customers and partners, and generally do whatever it takes to usher their organizations into the twenty-first century business environment.

You have to buy the book for an example?

and everytime I see the word "genome" my eyes glaze over.

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I've never read this book (been meaning to) but have thought extensively about a similar notion.
I'm constantly discussing this with my friends and am absolutely convinced that the next multi-billion dollar internet phenomenon lies within the concept of harnessing ideas.

annajon

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:26 pm   Reply with quote         

The only multi billion dollar idea I can think of is that all the Internet users collectively deside that all violence against other people is an act against the Human Rights, and should be banned, so we will not need spend money on weapons anymore. But since that view is not observed by a small percentile of Internet users, the majority will be paying through the nose for the socalled "wars on terrorism" - ...

What I don't get is, why should two man with an idea use thousands of other people to write a book, that will eventually be bought by more people - giving these two men lots of money.

Why not put the book on the Internet as an E-book for everybody to see??

Or am I thinking this all wrong now?

Wiz

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:32 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
I've never read this book (been meaning to) but have thought extensively about a similar notion.
I'm constantly discussing this with my friends and am absolutely convinced that the next multi-billion dollar internet phenomenon lies within the concept of harnessing ideas.

"Harnessing Ideas= Harnessing PSC Talent+Incentive?= $$$$$$

I used to use a A/W source in Sydney called Tony Dunford Studios, which was really just a clearing house for a stable of artists ranging from Storyboarders, packaging designers, Illustrators, airbrush artists and a whole host of other Design/Concept Stuff. BTW: I don't think the old 'airbrush artist' is around anymore unless he changed his pen for PS.

Anyhow, I think our ' PSC Family' could put together something even more creatively dynamic in Cyber-Space, it would just takes some sort of 'Glue' to make it all hang together as a Co-op Enterprise.

Find that 'Key' and you're looking at your next Fararri Shocked

Like Bill Gates said, "let's just keep knocking the idea around, there's a buck to made here somewhere!" Wink

Arrow Idea Arrow Wiz

FootFungas

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
Anyhow, I think our ' PSC Family' could put together something even more creatively dynamic in Cyber-Space, it would just takes some sort of 'Glue' to make it all hang together as a Co-op Enterprise.

World's longest artwork scroll!!! PSCroll!!

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
Wiz wrote:

ooh marketing oppurtunity: pscroll

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
FootFungas wrote:
Wiz wrote:

"You'd need a bloody looooooooooong room to hang it, if indeed you sold it, Tony!".... Noooo! I was talking about 'Networking' our collective skills to solve a single *Creative Idea for a client/s, corporate or otherwise.

*BTW: David Ogilvy's favourite Quote and Taunt to us at O&M was "Has it got a BIG IDEA!" You'd be pissin' in the wind if you couldn't answer a big yes to that in any correspondence to the man.

Get my drift Tony Wink

Wiz

ScionShade

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:49 pm   Reply with quote         

It has been done here to a small degree. Creating an idea for the purpose of generating a collaboration is about 180 degrees from having an idea that inspires a collaboration.

Wiz

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
Grefix wrote:
FootFungas wrote:
Wiz wrote:

"You'd need a bloody looooooooooong room to hang it, if indeed you sold it, Tony!".... Noooo! I was talking about 'Networking' our collective skills to solve a single *Creative Idea for a client/s, corporate or otherwise.

*BTW: David Ogilvy's favourite Quote and Taunt to us at O&M was "Has it got a BIG IDEA!" You'd be pissin' in the wind if you couldn't answer a big yes to that in any correspondence to the man.

Get my drift Tony Wink

Wiz

"Ah Ureka Idea !!!!!! Let's beat that other mob over there with their own idea:-

http://www.worth1000.com/cache/contest/contestcache.asp?contest_id=16958&start=1&end=10&display=photoshop

Anything they can do, we can do better Shocked Laughing You just organise the sponsorship my friend and let us PSC'ers do the rest... Oh! and to be really sure, make our prizes much, much bigger than theirs. You know what happens when you pay peanuts, you get those little hairy sods with their arses hanging out.

Now let's see if we can get their attention, and some of their better comp entrants over here... Poaching was such a wonderful pastime back in 'Adland', nothing irritated the losing Agency more than seeing their 'Stars' wonder off to a new and more lucrative pasture! LOL!

Regards Twisted Evil Wiz

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

hope you're ot directing that to me, cause peanuts is all i have :p

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
hope you're ot directing that to me, cause peanuts is all i have :p

"Then you'd better break out the 'Loaves and Fishes' Tony! Need dem tasty 'Carrots' to tease dem wabbits out of their holes! PSC Wabbits of course Wink LOLWiz

dewdew

Post Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:38 am   Reply with quote         

O.k this may be so far off base that i'm in the wrong stadium. That being said, and assuming i understand the idea. You know what ASSUMING does? Like the contest and the ad about let w1000 artist design your new logo. I would think the 200 dollar prize is what the artist get's. Then w1000 makes at least that. So the company pays say 500 for the logo. w1000 passes 200 your way. Like sub contracting a logo.

idea: Everyone uses picture's or has picture's. Not all are perfect,or are missing members of the family. Many people who look up thier family history, would love to make that picture better, or would like to be able to read the print on a blured document. Maybe even have it colored in stead of B&W. Well the can have many choice's to choose from or we could pick the top few and present them. Now i dont see the $500 price tag possible, but to be able to have a site that you can upload your photo and within days have everyone in it, or read it clearly would be worth 19.95. May could even talk a genealogy site into linking to our site for advertising the service. IT would boost thier marketing,and sales if they are offering such a service and thier competetion isn't.
A bucha 20's or a few 500's REVENUE is REVENUE is MONEY. O.K so it ain't crackrock (which by the way is the most profitable) Greedy but i tried.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSC Wikinomics. The untapped source? - Reply to topic