Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - web ad question - Reply to topic

WhimSea

Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I've got a work question... new thing for the advertising designers (print ads) to build a web version of our ads, so do you think I should build the ad in photoshop, or build in InDesign and then open the pdf in photoshop? what will look the best for all the type?

I never recommend ps for text... but in this case the file has to be a 30k ps file for the internet... talk about NON ADVANTAGE! bwahahahahaha

finished product is to be
300x250px
.gif or .jpg

I did a sample built in InDesign, made it 6" x 5", made a pdf, opened it in ps changed the pixel size etc. save for web for the 30K... it looks like crap! will it look that bad on the web - or does it magically turn better looking? ha!

jkmansell

Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Not sure if it helps, but I did one for a realestate co once where they sent me an AD in PDF and I opened it and edited it in PS. The text looked okay for the interent. It's been a whiile since I did it. I'm still trying to figure out which computer I have it on then I'll post it. If it's for the internet, it should turn out okay.

Jeff

Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:59 pm   Reply with quote         

i will tell you that pdf's are despised by most web surfers.. and I can back that up by a study I read. My mac opens pdf fairly fast but the pc takes frigging hours and I hate hate hate pdfs' so stay far far away from them if you don't want to piss off your users. just my 0.5 cents worth. good luck and I would go with a png or jpg Very Happy

WhimSea

Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:20 pm   Reply with quote         

don't panic, manic (hey that rhymes!)

the pdf was for me. I create ads in InDesign, but since our internet people need the internet ads saved as .gif or .jpg, I've either got to convert my ad into a ps file - which I did by making a pdf of the ad and then opened the pdf in ps and fixed the pixel size and save size down to a measly 30K... and it looks blurry...

so I was wondering it I should recreate the ad in Photoshop - it's just easier for me to create the ads in the software the ads are in already.

we work with pdfs all day at work and don't have any problems - pc or otherwise. the macs all have full acrobat support, the pc users just have acrobat reader. The only prob we ever have with PDFs is if a client has built their own ad and used true type fonts or odd colors or gradients, we just convert them to .tif or .eps photoshop files so they'll work for print.

Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:37 pm   Reply with quote         

hmmm maybe I should just now re-name myself to panic_manic haha.. Cute in a neurotic kind of way.

So glad to hear you aren't forcing pdf's down throats. pdf is worse than tribalfusion ads + popups.

So maybe just do it in what is most comfortable for you and convert. Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - web ad question - Reply to topic