Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Anonymous Idea poll - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What do you think about an option in the profile, or upon entering each contest, to have your entry be anonymously posted until the end of the competition?

Good idea!

53%

53%

[ 25 ]

Bad idea!

46%

46%

[ 22 ]

Total Votes: 47

TheShaman

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:03 pm   Reply with quote         

padfoot7726 wrote:
vokaris wrote:
Maybe make the expert contests even harder similar to H2H rules - post source on Monday, 3 days to chop, 2 days to vote

And the threshhold for "expert" could be a certain number of votes, like the extended user profile.
So you can't enter in the expert contest unless you have at least _ Votes.

cool idea!
could also be determined by your Vote Per Post number Wink

Site Moderator

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

You can let people estimate their own abilities to decide whether they want to claim 'expert' PS skills. Or add a panel of expert mods to weed-off obviously flawed entries. Or have a mandatory 3-wins-in-the-rookie-contests requirement to join the big guns.

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:34 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
padfoot7726 wrote:
vokaris wrote:
Maybe make the expert contests even harder similar to H2H rules - post source on Monday, 3 days to chop, 2 days to vote

And the threshhold for "expert" could be a certain number of votes, like the extended user profile.
So you can't enter in the expert contest unless you have at least _ Votes.

cool idea!
could also be determined by your Vote Per Post number Wink

I dunno, but isn't this idea of this site based on the concept that everybody is handled equally, no matter what their expertise is?

That's why I joined here and not somewhere else

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

it was just a suggestion on a once a week or once a month contest, and not for every single one Wink

Site Moderator

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
I dunno, but isn't this idea of this site based on the concept that everybody is handled equally, no matter what their expertise is?

That's why I joined here and not somewhere else
OK, I agree. Don't limit participation in the Weekly Expert Contest. Give it a separate page (sandbox, playground, whatever, much like the H2H)

Of course that will open the whole can of worms of how to handle votes (will they count toward the general vote count), stats, etc.

Better yet, scrap the whole idea and keep doing what you're doing.

TheShaman

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:

Better yet, scrap the whole idea and keep doing what you're doing.

YEAH! If it ain't fixed, don't break it!
Shocked wait! what? Laughing

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Sliver wrote:
ScionShade wrote:
Sliver wrote:
annajon wrote:
No seperate thing, either we all go annonimus one day a week or not at all

that's only right..

Why is that only right Sliver? Noone is requiring you to use it,
goodness knows you never would. You want to shoot down an idea that
ads a level of fairness to this game for those who actually play fair.
Don't you worry now, If I post anon by choice, you and all the others that depend on name recognition more than anything else aren't going to loose any votes.

Well what is it to you scion.. you ain't part of the contests here.. nothing personal, but you're just 'type happy' in the forums & chat.. You keep running around suggesting and suggesting when you ain't part of anything in the 1st place..

Translation: "Scion yer all talk".....Indeed, beat my best score and give me something to shoot for. Excuse my patience for waiting till you name buddies all disappear for awhile and the rest can get back to bizness.

FootFungas

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:28 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:

- rookie contests for people who are working on improving their PS skills, votes / comments / recommendations visible
- expert contests - strictly anonymous

The Contests definitely shouldn't split up, when I joined, it was great competing with these amazing choppers. And when I would beat out a veterans chop with mine, I would be so psyched. And when I finally won, it was amazing; I was fifteen, and I had beat these amazing graphic designers. You aren't gonna have to work nearly as hard if you're competing against all newbies.

FootFungas

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

An Anonymous contest once a week would be nice.
But we should definitely, even if its just once a month, have a NO ADVANTAGE contest, where you chop starting at 8:00.

ReinMan

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:40 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
An Anonymous contest once a week would be nice.
But we should definitely, even if its just once a month, have a NO ADVANTAGE contest, where you chop starting at 8:00.

There: That's IT!

My TWO main points said clearly and simply.

Very Happy thumleft

mikey

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:35 pm   Reply with quote         

What would happen if at the beginning of the year (2008) all stat's were saved. then everyone starts at zero votes, zero entries. starting Jan 1st. ~ that would be very interesting! Laughing if everyone's closet was cleaned people would be humbled and start off as equals. Rolling Eyes they would still have the old stat's but they would be saved and stored somewhere else. ~ just an idea" and yes I have been taking my meds! Laughing

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:24 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
What would happen if at the beginning of the year (2008) all stat's were saved. then everyone starts at zero votes, zero entries. starting Jan 1st. ~ that would be very interesting! Laughing if everyone's closet was cleaned people would be humbled and start off as equals. Rolling Eyes they would still have the old stat's but they would be saved and stored somewhere else. ~ just an idea" and yes I have been taking my meds! Laughing

Noooooooooooo I don't like the number 0 Laughing

WhimSea

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:41 pm   Reply with quote         

oh, Marco, you shouldn't worry.... it would be a race for you and few select others to get to 1000 pretty fast I'm thinking!

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:38 pm   Reply with quote         

If we are going to elitism, contests based on VPP and or rankings, then please REFUND my advantage money and I will give it to the person who purchased it for me. I want NO part of elitist photoshop. There are places on the web now that do this and are not fun nice or friendly.

This is not what I signed up for. And its wrong to change the guidelines to suit some. Anon entires are fine, anon voting is fine but limiting who gets to do certain things here Is NOT FINE.

And even if you did that once a week.. that is 52 contests a year and makes for 2 months of an other wise normal contest i could enter that I would be barred from. So the SITE would OWE me 2 months of Advantage money.

cafn8d

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:56 am   Reply with quote         

The Anonymous feature Splodge wants already exists in one form in Grefix's PSC QuickBar. I don't know whether he still has it available for download? Anyway, with "Anonymous On," the names still show up under the thumbnails, but once you click on the first thumbnail (in DEFAULT order), and keep clicking "next entry" or "previous entry," the names and avatars are blocked on each image's entry page.

What is lacking is the option, suggested by TutorMe, of making your own image anonymous (author, not votes) for everyone else's view. I do think it could work, mixing the two in one contest, provided the anonymous author did not give him- or herself away before the contest conclusion. If you care about authorship and you're suspicious of who it might be, then don't vote for it. Or vote for that great unknown.

I would be in favor of keeping people from voting in vote order... Maybe the sort-by-votes view could require the forfeit of any unused votes? But that's another issue and suggestion for another thread... As is the idea for tiered contests (including ones for beginners only, not just ones for "experts" only). Never mind that ANY pay-for-membership IS "elitist" and the privileges of "Advantage" make it aptly named... By the way, anyone hear from Chopper?

I think Blue Lurker and a few others who do not want to enter prize contests will like this idea: Have the first two or three weeks of the Advantage calendar locked against new prize contests, and only allow new sponsoring of the last week or two. So many times I've seen people bummed out that they pre-posted in a contest that was later turned into an anonymous prize contest. Why some people do not like prize contests is yet another whole thread or dozen. Point is, they wind up competing in a different style contest than they thought when they pre-posted, and I don't think that's fair. Embarassed Again, fodder for another thread...

Anonymous contests... love them or hate them, and can anonymous entries coexist in the same contest as non-anon? Do go on...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Anonymous Idea poll - Reply to topic