Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Thank you all - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Tawiskaro

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:58 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey,

That is great news. I wish you and your family the best.

--twk

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
Thanks R2 for the post. Haven't pm'd you in a bit about it cause I know your trying to find a place for everything but think about you alot. You've actually been an inspiration to me to quit smoking. This tuesday my wife and I are going to the doctor together to get the Chantix perscription. I'm ready and I've been fortunate that smoking hasn't affected me physically with the exception of I notice a shortness of breath lately when I'm out running around and god knows what it could be doing inside but before I thought about things you've said in the past and had some bad dreams in between and I want to get it stopped while I still have my health.
I think your doing great with what is on your plate and I do wish you and your family the best.
Enjoy that bike man! It's a great out. I'm going up to the lake today with the jeep for the same reason.
Hang tough bud and enjoy today! Razz Wink

Do quit.

In the last five years of my mom's life I watched her health deteriorate. No longer could she walk up a small hill without being out of breath. And in the ensuing years when we talked by phone it was the coughing and hacking which dominated the conversation. Then one night a phone call from my step-dad to tell me she'd suffered a stroke.

I flew in to see her in the hospital, curled up in a fetal position, crying like a lost child. The stroke left her weak, unable to write or follow simple conversations, yet it also made her forget that she smoked. We both had a good laugh and cry that after 40+ years it took a debilitating stroke to cause her to kick the deadly habit.

I stayed for a month to comfort her, make her laugh, help her buy a new bra, relearn the ABC's, and many other tasks related to caring for a small child in an adult's body. At the end of four weeks I had to get back to my family. I hugged and kissed my mother goodbye. Deep down we both knew it would probably be the last time we saw each other.

We spoke on the phone several times after I'd returned home. A couple weeks passed before an emergency room doctor called to say she'd been readmitted to the hospital after having suffered another stroke. She wasn't expected to live. I flew back to see her. I spoke my last words to her while she held and squeezed my hand. The decision was made to remove her from life support. Over the next four hours I literally watched my mother drown from fluid buildup in her lungs. I'll never forget the sound of her breathing as her body struggled to keep her alive. Nor will I ever forget that split second of silence at the moment she died at the young age of 61.

I guess I'm spilling my guts because I'm hoping my extremely abbreviated version of the events leading up to my mother's death will cause you or anyone else reading this post to take the necessary steps to kick the nicotine fiend.

mikey

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

I was wondering how you are doing Rey? ~ glad to hear your keeping a good attitude, very important! being someone that had a stroke and now I have seizures, I can definitely relate! ~ live life to the fullest and don't sweat the small things. every day is a precious gift! Very Happy Your right it is so awesome to have great friends at PSC! adds value to the creative life!. all the best to you and yours Rey, keep rockin! Cool from your hard working, always faithful starving epileptic friend, Michael. Laughing

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey

I used to be an Oncology nurse and this is great about your health. Many people beat and live a long long long life with leukemia and also lymphoma so kudo's to you. I do realize the road you've been down though. Very Happy

Now get that prostrate checked. Twisted Evil

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:03 pm   Reply with quote         

I know things don't always work out the way we want, but we all have so much to be grateful for, close family, good friends, a roof over our heads, we are the lucky ones, as so many people in the world have none of those things, my heart goes out to them, it's sad when we see people that somehow fall through the cracks of life, I thank god every night for the things I do have, and I don't worry so much about the things I don't, no matter how bad things get, it's so important to keep a strong positive attitude, the mind can get us through places that are very dark, as long as you think about the light, even though we are all here a very short time, it's important to make that time count, Rey, I would say you have made very good use of your time, you've inspired everyone here with your talent and brilliant mind, (so keep wearing that helmet) and stay strong Smile

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I hate to break this to you TA but nurses and in general a great deal of the health care field Smoke or overeat due to extreme stress and yes I know that strokes are and can be caused by smoking but the main reason is plaque in the arteries caused by fatty foods....... so smoking gets a bad rap and is bad for you but so is eating too many ho-ho's and I say enjoy the life you have to the quality of life you can and if a ho-ho is involved then eat it. Very Happy

bigbuck

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Chin up Rey! Our thoughts are with you bud.

Sassy

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

HANG in there ReyRey and if you can't sleep (this sounds weird but it works) chop (not OUR type Chop) Laughing an onion and put it into a jar and tighten the lid..before bed open and inhale deeply and I swear it works and it works on some of the worst insomniacs I know (ME!!)

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:19 pm   Reply with quote         

I wish you all the best to you and yours ReyRey thumleft

Wiz

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:40 pm   Reply with quote         

"I think this sums up all our feelings Carl, and most of it came from you;-) Sorry I mussed up your image and words, but both were worthy of a secondary Wiz Chop! Hope you don't mind

Best wishes and a quick recovery Carl, it's what all us PSC'ers are praying for! wishing for

ReyRey

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
"I think this sums up all our feelings Carl, and most of it came from you;-) Sorry I mussed up your image and words, but both were worthy of a secondary Wiz Chop! Hope you don't mind

Best wishes and a quick recovery Carl, it's what all us PSC'ers are praying for! wishing for

Crying or Very sad Thanks Wiz. Thanks all.

FootFungas

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:03 am   Reply with quote         

Great to hear from you, rey. Keep your chin up and keep chopping.

ReyRey wrote:
It will always be with me. (kind of like diabetes)

I know its not the same thing, but my great grandmother had diabetes all her life and she lived to 100. So try and shoot for that. Very Happy

Micose

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:48 am   Reply with quote         

hey Rey...luv u mate Cool Very Happy

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I had no idea... good luck to you and yours! It's not an easy battle!

Tesore

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Wish you all the best and thanks for sharing!
That's why this is a better place on mother earth and we can be proud to join!

The time you was in the hospital (the 1st time I think) and your wife left a message here... I understood how important it is for many of us to be here! I was touched from here loving and kind words!

I hope this is readable English Embarassed
If you can't read it... send me an pm and I will translate it in Chinese or Swahili! Laughing

May the Fource be with you! Hug

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Thank you all - Reply to topic