Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - $79 approved by advisor - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

how much wood could a woodchuck chuck

alot of wood

11%

11%

[ 2 ]

just a little wood

5%

5%

[ 1 ]

i like peanutbutter Capt.Crunch

82%

82%

[ 14 ]

Total Votes: 17

dewdew

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Well i just got a new tablet. My first one so it's maybe it's just a big deal to me but bounce i am excited. My financial advisor(wife) let me purchase it friday.
So i have been mucking around with it a little. Awoke early Saturday and who pops on the tele. OL' Bob Ross himself. Dang i use to love that stuff. There was just something about his laid back approach to art that really pulled you in.
Well i dont have a way to do wet on wet oil painting, but i have PS so i thought, what the hell.
After watching Mr. BOB i went at it. Here is what i came up with. I know it is not exactly Di'vinci, but where else am i going to show it. You are the only people i know who actually like that kinda thing.

Tablet by the way is a wacom bamboo (small) Crying or Very sad about 6x4 (5.8wx3.7d) Only $79 at circut city. They had a $99 bamboo but it was White and Thick, but the same size drawing space.
I only look for those qualitys in women. Laughing
[/img]

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Looks like a lot of smudge tool usage? Or is that a brush effect?

Either way not bad for a first use of yer new toy. I love me Wacom. Don't get enough chance to use it though. Sad Friggin life keeps gettin' busy on me.

Hopefully once the snow falls things will slow down. Very Happy

Dot

Location: Tacoma, WA since march 2010, born and raised in Belgium

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Very nice dew Very Happy love the colours

padfoot7726

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Very nice ps painting. And by the way, Crunchatize me Cappin'! Very Happy

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:15 pm   Reply with quote         

a lot of smude is a understatement shakng2 You know i was trying what Bob was doing.......he sorta smudges his stuff. O.K. gentlely, but ever so gently layers his stuff. Damn good though at what he did. Making it look easy is the hard part.

I like the whole light coming through the trees feel. Argh now you see why i don't leave helpful comments. I dont have any. Laughing Laughing

Looks a whole lot (WHOLE LOT) cyclops better when your mellowed out like Bob.....Marley or Ross Cool ....Ughhh hughhhhh.....it did to me anyways. Still would like to hear more from others, and thanks for looking pirat TOFU

P.S......i think some of the tofu fund got uhmmmm.....USED. Laughing Laughing Dont worry maybe i can squander more before NOV. Wink

LOL at pad....you know thats some good stuff. Laughing Cool

TY Dot.....they were BOB's idea......well i am not sure if thats palo blue, or sierra mixed with a touch of titanium white......ahhhhh heck thats what color i thought he said. They should name them in ps that way instead of #f00336 that means nothing to me. I know its the 1-255 value for the color,but that still dont help. DANG IT, crayola dont have blue f00336 Laughing Laughing

Somebody go get Micose and REGGIE they may need a good laugh. clown look out boys It's paint with DEWDEW time. NOT to be confused with the type of finger painting you done in the CRIB Laughing

Dot

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:32 pm   Reply with quote         

just one little critique..don't shoot me!!!!

there's a part that looks very strange..sticks my eyes out.. a little Very Happy

ReinMan

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay - pretty good, dude. But since it was your first time I thought
I'd help you out a bit by making it a wee bit more "realistic".

Twisted Evil

dewdew

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:43 pm   Reply with quote         

it was suppose to be the front ....lean to.....thingee. Like the old photo's of the shack with a overhang for you to sit under..
the thing holding it is a cut off tree post.

Shit it looked nice on BOB's Laughing Laughing
Dont worry Dot, like i said,i have noone else who i can show it to and get a opinion. Not exactly surrounded by artistic minded folk. People here think Picasso is something new at Pizza HUT or Taco Bell

Autistic.......maybe. Laughing Artistic....... Rolling Eyes

Rein Dude, Now i can sell it to Jack Links. You may adjust as needed......must print before throwng in trash.....although the first time i looked at it i started to throw my whole laptop in. Laughing
Just to show you what i mean by talent, your bigfoot has highlights, shadows, and actually fits super well.....i cant even achieve this in contest and you do it playing. DANG Eccentric and talented members Bow

Dot

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

ah..now i see it..a lean to ..thingy ... not best part of the artwork but i like it anyway.. and hell ..i couldn't do this myself even if i had a picasso stuck in my ..behind..or something Confused

dewdew

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Dot wrote:
ah..now i see it..a lean to ..thingy ... not best part of the artwork but i like it anyway.. and hell ..i couldn't do this myself even if i had a picasso stuck in my ..behind..or something Confused

cyclops Now there is a visual i will cherish to the grave Cool ........i mean...... Embarassed Thanks

Dot

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing glad to be of service

welan

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Way cool job dew dew,it reminds me of eairly morning buck hunting

dewdew

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

welan wrote:
Way cool job dew dew,it reminds me of eairly morning buck hunting

Thanks Welan, our season has started already, i know your in S.C but the seasons and days vary so much from county to county. Hope ya bring home the spread you looking for.

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:05 pm   Reply with quote         

you did way better than I have with a tablet. I tried a couple of times and threw it down in disgust. Then my beloved daugher ( the photoshop guru) says oh mom, nobody cuts out with that thing... OH after I nearly cried trying to use the polygon tool with that pen?

So you did a fine job and Mr. Bob would have been thrilled he inspired you, your piece looks very artistic and I wouldn't throw it away.
Very Happy

yello_piggy

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

looks like him to me... Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - $79 approved by advisor - Reply to topic