Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Thank you all - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ReyRey

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:17 am   Reply with quote         

I just wanted to say "thank you" to all who PM me about my health and my family. I am sorry that I don't always PM people back. It is very rude of me not to reply. Usually I read them at work and then forget to reply later. Sometimes I just don't know what to say, so I tell myself that I will think of something to say later and then I forget. My brain does not hold information that long. Shocked Anyhow, Here is an update. The leukemia seems to be controlled for now. The medicine that I am on seems to be doing what it is supposed to. I still have good days and bad days. The medicine is a Chemotherapy in a pill. It beats me up sometimes. My guts and bones hurt most of the time but I think I am getting used to it. Confused My wife is doing well. She is a trooper. She is my rock. She crumbles sometimes too but pulls it back together quick. As long as I keep my mind busy, I do ok. If I have too much idle time, I start thinking about the future and I start getting depressed and get panic attacks. Those seem to be getting better too. I am just starting to sleep through the night. That hasn't happened in a long time. I am on the right road, it is just a long and slow one. My motorcycle really makes me feel good. sometimes I just don't want to get off of it. It calms me like nothing else. I am in my own world when I am on it and all my worries disappear. I have been riding it to work in the freezing cold. Even hard core bikers are looking at me like I'm crazy. Laughing Laughing All in all. I have a loving wife, Two wonderful children that make me realize how lucky I am, and I have PSC and the friends that I have made here. What more can anyone ask for. Wink So, please do not stop PM'ing me. It means a lot to me and I will try and be better at replying. I promise. (I think? Shocked ) Wink
Thank You all for caring.
Keep on Choppin'
ReyRey

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:25 am   Reply with quote         

Very Happy thanks for the update Rey, I know a lot of peeps, me included were wondering and hoping you were heading in the right direction. Glad to hear you are bud.

cafn8d

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:37 am   Reply with quote         

Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug

MindGraph

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:48 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks R2 for the post. Haven't pm'd you in a bit about it cause I know your trying to find a place for everything but think about you alot. You've actually been an inspiration to me to quit smoking. This tuesday my wife and I are going to the doctor together to get the Chantix perscription. I'm ready and I've been fortunate that smoking hasn't affected me physically with the exception of I notice a shortness of breath lately when I'm out running around and god knows what it could be doing inside but before I thought about things you've said in the past and had some bad dreams in between and I want to get it stopped while I still have my health.
I think your doing great with what is on your plate and I do wish you and your family the best.
Enjoy that bike man! It's a great out. I'm going up to the lake today with the jeep for the same reason.
Hang tough bud and enjoy today! Razz Wink

ReyRey

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:57 am   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
Thanks R2 for the post. Haven't pm'd you in a bit about it cause I know your trying to find a place for everything but think about you alot. You've actually been an inspiration to me to quit smoking. This tuesday my wife and I are going to the doctor together to get the Chantix perscription. I'm ready and I've been fortunate that smoking hasn't affected me physically with the exception of I notice a shortness of breath lately when I'm out running around and god knows what it could be doing inside but before I thought about things you've said in the past and had some bad dreams in between and I want to get it stopped while I still have my health.
I think your doing great with what is on your plate and I do wish you and your family the best.
Enjoy that bike man! It's a great out. I'm going up to the lake today with the jeep for the same reason.
Hang tough bud and enjoy today! Razz Wink

My wife is trying to quit smoking too. I am so happy. Good Luck and be strong. It can only be good if you quit. It can only be bad if you don't. Just remember that. Wink

ReyRey

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:59 am   Reply with quote         

Why is my thread followed by one that says "one hour to live Shocked ?? Laughing Laughing Shocked

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:27 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I saw that, now thats what I call bad positioning Laughing

Granulated

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

here's to a full recovery !

dewdew

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

Hey REY, glad ya doing good. SAY you are taking your pills and they are working. Thats real good. I had some pills once and after taking them they did'nt work.......well not as planned anyway. Laughing But i love the boobs,so thier was a silver lining. Hmmm

O.K. all joking aside, here's hoping you and your's all the best.

Great timming Rey on the thread post,.......you want me to go kill that thread for ya.....i can......i mean, you just say the word. I have killed some danm good ones. Laughing Laughing Cool Hope i dont kill yours Bow Very Happy

MindGraph

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:13 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Hey REY, glad ya doing good. SAY you are taking your pills and they are working. Thats real good. I had some pills once and after taking them they did'nt work.......well not as planned anyway. Laughing But i love the boobs,so thier was a silver lining. Hmmm

O.K. all joking aside, here's hoping you and your's all the best.

Great timming Rey on the thread post,.......you want me to go kill that thread for ya.....i can......i mean, you just say the word. I have killed some danm good ones. Laughing Laughing Cool Hope i dont kill yours Bow Very Happy

ROFL! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ReyRey

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:30 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:

There is no full recovery. It will always be with me. (kind of like diabetes) But I will still take that beer. Wink

Granulated

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Granulated wrote:

There is no full recovery. It will always be with me. (kind of like diabetes) But I will still take that beer. Wink

ok..well I hope it's with you for about another half a century then !

ReyRey

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:39 am   Reply with quote         

That'll work. Very Happy

cafn8d

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:43 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

Sad gee... I thought leukemia could go into remission like other cancers? I know that's not the same as a "cure," but I never thought of it as so chronic and ongoing like diabetes. Confused

We all wish for you to have the best of health and happiness, ReyRey! If not "recovery," then how about having it SO well controlled and with a minimization of side effects (pain, etc) that you FEEL fully recovered! Hug

cafn8d

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:45 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
ok..well I hope it's with you for about another half a century then !

Perfect wording!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Thank you all - Reply to topic