Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - No PSC for me :( - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Granulated

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:21 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Hey Osca'
Can't imagine it'll be long before yer back..so I'll see ya then.
The whole silhouette style that you started
was a very nice addition to this place for a few months there.
Yeah I know a few people copied you to death but that's still yours.
Thanks for bringing something kinda new and well done to the PSC table.

wtf ?

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Had a hummer, now I'm driving a BMW. Razz

It's really sad how you can afford to drive a nice car and pay for gas but cant afford food or any other things. Just till few weeks ago I had no money to even buy food, I had to go down to the homeless shelter to get some and take a shower. I am a manager at a Nike Store and I do get pay a lot, But everything goes to the credit card. I'm almost 7k in debt but I been paying it off ( was at 25k ) if I continued to just pay the minimum it would've taken me 7 years to pay it off. The 25k debt came from just college and car payments. Confused

anyways... Thanks for the support and all yer kind words. I'll be back with a bang!

Micose

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:43 pm   Reply with quote         

i dont eat, i dont buy anything, i just have internet left...i could go in depression without it.I understand how u feel.
Micose

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
ScionShade wrote:
Hey Osca'

wtf ?

dont forget to say a word too for me when i leave Wink Cool
Micose

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:

It's really sad how you can afford to drive a nice car and pay for gas but cant afford food or any other things. Just till few weeks ago I had no money to even buy food, I had to go down to the homeless shelter to get some and take a shower. I am a manager at a Nike Store and I do get pay a lot, But everything goes to the credit card. I'm almost 7k in debt but I been paying it off ( was at 25k ) if I continued to just pay the minimum it would've taken me 7 years to pay it off. The 25k debt came from just college and car payments. Confused

anyways... Thanks for the support and all yer kind words. I'll be back with a bang!

so u manage things? not me...never... sooo/// ur what...20? i had monstrous debts myself...now im just at...0 Laughing Laughing Laughing Crying or Very sad ///well but as many know maybe overhere, i live with my mum and she has debts; and that stinks really bad.... fuck that shit///and illness problems mon wow....not really ggood days either overhere mate.talk u later Oscar Cool
ScionShade

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:27 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
ScionShade wrote:
Hey Osca'

wtf ?

I don't get it.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:46 am   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
Granulated wrote:
ScionShade wrote:
Hey Osca'

wtf ?

dont forget to say a word too for me when i leave Wink Cool

he got it...

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:50 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:

Hey! Maybe you need to learn how to manage your life?

I know that a lot of people consider cars very important in their lives.
Hummer, BMW, car payments... this is only shit!
I don't see anything sad... you just can't afford to drive a nice car.

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:29 am   Reply with quote         

On all these threads you people just pour out the compassion and care it's amazing. Some of you do seem to care about others but I sit back on each of these threads and my jaw drops literally .

And then I wonder is it the age of the people here?
Is it the type of artistic mentality that loves to hate on somebody?
what is the reason?

Oscar is only 20 years old. Not that many people his age have jobs, nice cars, and take the responsibility to go to school and you guys are giving him shit? I'd would honestly take a stock on myself and just look at how some of you are coming off.

and I really hope you guys are just kidding him

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:44 am   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
On all these threads you people just pour out the compassion and care it's amazing. Some of you do seem to care about others but I sit back on each of these threads and my jaw drops literally .

And then I wonder is it the age of the people here?
Is it the type of artistic mentality that loves to hate on somebody?
what is the reason?

Oscar is only 20 years old. Not that many people his age have jobs, nice cars, and take the responsibility to go to school and you guys are giving him shit? I'd would honestly take a stock on myself and just look at how some of you are coming off.

and I really hope you guys are just kidding him

I tried to find... I don't see any "giving him shit" stuff on this thread. Maybe my advice sounds too direct. Good advice can be helpful, can make a person thinking about a problem more seriously. Sure 20 years old is young, good time to take some responsibilities... also becoming responsible to manage money.
Smile

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:08 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
Oscar wrote:

My first thought was in line with Claf's. Why drive a hummer or bmw and complain about being poor.

BUT then I noticed something about Oscar's post. I looks to me like he's paying his debt down at an accelerated pace. This is a good thing in the long run.

So he's set his priorities. Have the nice car and no Internet versus an "economy" car and a broadband connection. There's probably no right or wrong choice here as the decision would be based on personal goals and interests. Maybe his main use for the Internet connection was for PSC. If so then losing that bill to pay another off faster would seem to be a decent choice.

I'm just hoping that we see Oscar back here in a few months when he's got that $7K totally paid off. Cool

Micose

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Claf wrote:
Oscar wrote:

My first thought was in line with Claf's. Why drive a hummer or bmw and complain about being poor.

BUT then I noticed something about Oscar's post. I looks to me like he's paying his debt down at an accelerated pace. This is a good thing in the long run.

So he's set his priorities. Have the nice car and no Internet versus an "economy" car and a broadband connection. There's probably no right or wrong choice here as the decision would be based on personal goals and interests. Maybe his main use for the Internet connection was for PSC. If so then losing that bill to pay another off faster would seem to be a decent choice.

I'm just hoping that we see Oscar back here in a few months when he's got that $7K totally paid off. Cool

ur so f°°°°°°° wise Toff OMG:)

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:42 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:

Yes! Smile
TofuTheGreat wrote:

Maybe here where I live we think generally in a different way BUT having some food in my fridge is a priority. My first goals are to eat well, sleep well & stay healthy.
TofuTheGreat wrote:

Yes! Smile

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:44 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:

It's really sad how you can afford to drive a nice car and pay for gas but cant afford food or any other things.

I'm going to need someone to make sense of that statement for me. It sure sounds like your priorities are insanely out of whack . I'm wondering if you see anything odd about driving to a homeless shelter in a Hummer and asking for food?

The environment on this site is, "be suppostive at all costs".
That's not being helpful.

Get rid or the luxury car now. Sure, it's a status symbol but you still live with your mom so those cancel each other out.

Buy a Hyundai.
Invest the $400 per month that you save on luxury car payments, gas and insurance.
That's $4800 per year (and you haven't really lost anything).
If your investment pulls in a conservative 7% interest per year, you'll have over $1.5 million by retirement age.
That's just from driving a cheaper car!

Or, if you can't think long term, take the $4800 and go to Asia or Europe or anywhere abroad for a few months. This is something you have to do in your 20s.

ANYTHING but a luxury car.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - No PSC for me :( - Reply to topic