Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - photos for source vote - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

On the sources images that we vote on to decide which sources get into the lineup here. Some of these are great even though they don't win. I have not submitted a photo but I see a great many that could be revoted on that would be interesting to chop. Are they put back in the lineup for voting or do they have to be resubmitted?

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:53 pm   Reply with quote         

They are put back in line up as I know..

If you're not on a Mac, you're wasting your time..

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Sliver wrote:

Well that's a good thing because I have seen 2 strong images that were in the pile and then the next day some blah choices and if the 2nd place image had been in that pile of images it would have won. Thanks.

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
Sliver wrote:

Well that's a good thing because I have seen 2 strong images that were in the pile and then the next day some blah choices and if the 2nd place image had been in that pile of images it would have won. Thanks.

Very Happy

If you're not on a Mac, you're wasting your time..
Granulated

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
On the sources images that we vote on to decide which sources get into the lineup here. Some of these are great even though they don't win. I have not submitted a photo but I see a great many that could be revoted on that would be interesting to chop. Are they put back in the lineup for voting or do they have to be resubmitted?

seems like the shit ones are forever being re-entered for voting !

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:06 pm   Reply with quote         

You know I keep forgetting to vote on these images and so I suppose I haven't seen them being re-entered. I need to make that a must thing to do to vote kicks self here lol.

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:

It's weird, I submitted an image over a month ago, but it hasn't shown up. In that time though, I've seen at least three different images come up twice.

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

well I wonder if they have some kind of image program file that picks images at random or they could be manually placed I don't know how they are put in the line up?

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Submitted images are approved/denied by billtvshow. The approved ones go into the queue.

Images are randomly pulled from the queue to be voted on. Those that don't get voted in for a daily source go back into the queue to be randomly picked at another time.

If you've submitted an image and haven't seen it come up that's because Stephen hasn't approved it yet. Cool

Oscar

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
manic_d wrote:

Good thing all my images get picked up Very Happy

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:05 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
If you've submitted an image and haven't seen it come up that's because Stephen hasn't approved it yet. Cool

Not entirely true my friend. It's usually because of random luck that they haven't been drawn out of the voting queue. Razz

There are 2 queues.

One is my approval queue. I approve images on a basis of quality, orientation, repetitiveness, etc etc. Those go into the voting queue.

The voting queue definitely has several hundred pics in it, if not over a thousand. Those are the pics that have been approved by me and anyone who approved pics before me. Each day, 5 of those images in that queue are made available for voting and the top vote getter will become a source image. The remaining 4 go back into the pool. How certain images keep coming back up, I have no idea. That must be something jmh put in the programming.
As of right now there are no images in my approval queue, so I'm waiting. Submit!
Oscar

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
The voting queue definitely has several hundred pics in it if not over a thousand. Those are the pics that have been approved by me and anyone who approved pics before me...

So why submit more pics if we already have enough for like ... lets say... several months?

Laughing

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
Quote:
The voting queue definitely has several hundred pics in it if not over a thousand. Those are the pics that have been approved by me and anyone who approved pics before me...

So why submit more pics if we already have enough for like ... lets say... several months?

Laughing

Wink I'd say more like a year or two, but it never hurts to be prepared Smile
NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
Granulated wrote:

It's weird, I submitted an image over a month ago, but it hasn't shown up. In that time though, I've seen at least three different images come up twice.
yeah i put in two images one got denied and it says the other is in the voting que but i haven't seen it ever and i submitted them like 3mo's ago and i too have seen the same images over and over just my .03 cents worth(inflation) Rolling Eyes

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:42 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
... The remaining 4 go back into the pool...
How about a setup that flushes obviously unpopular images out of the queue, say if an image appeared 5 times for voting and failed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - photos for source vote - Reply to topic