Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Bike Accident - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

couldb5150

Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:19 am   Reply with quote         

Unfortunately I can relate....jumping off high rocks at the river i too have broken several ribs at once ......and having broken multiple "other" bones, ribs are the worse I can honestly say!!!!
Theres no cast, no re-setting, etc all ya can do is just wait out the healing process ...which takes awhile.......probably one of my most painful injuries!!...good luck and stay on the pills and keep still .......the real pain will be when ya are feeling better and good enough to move around a bit ....only to find out it still hurts like hell!!!....good luck!......we have no helmet laws here in Idaho as they do In Calif where I live part of the year....but ya do make a good point ...WEAR THE HELMET REGARDLESS.....
(kinda like sex and condoms huh)...

get well soon!!!

Am I mental?

couldb5150

Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:22 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Luis! Glad to hear you're OK brother!
...and you're right! You should always wear a helmet. Its not that you don't know what you're doing, its that all the other idiots on the roadway (who don't have family members who own motorcycles) don't care, nor do they watch out for you guys!

Keep your spirits high
Sean

WELL SAID SEAN....AMEN BROTHER!!

Luxwiz

Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks so much for all the reassuring and supportive comments everybody. A big Hug ...to each and every one of you.I am very grateful and appreciate all your warm wishes,they really help keep my spirits up Smile (it really works Sean).I see some of you have also gone through some painful experiences as well (Anna,Tofu,Paula,Splodge,couldb) Shocked.Paul Embarassed I actually remember Evel's jump at Ceaser's Palace OUCH!!That must have really smarted.Wiz I could have taken the bus (Alsina Graells Wink ...how did you know that btw) but I was just going a couple of blocks from my apt.Tesore it must hurt even more in latin Wink .Sassy and cafn8d a big Hug for real even if it hurts.Ana muchisimas gracias,de corazon.And dew2 I'm filling the hot tub right now.By the way Bob I really did get my wife to make me a tasty hot chicken noodle soup on your behalf...thanks bro Smile.It really does make me feel better when I read all these wonderful comments.Again thanks a bunch everybody,for helping me feel better... sunny.

vunt van pumununt

Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:47 pm   Reply with quote         

get well soon!

Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         

vunt van pumununt wrote:
get well soon!

thanks vvp... Smile

Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I just saw this thread and wish you a speedy recovery. Some of us can be quite clumsy. Back when I was a college freshman I fell off one of my "Dr Scholl's exercise health sandals and broke my foot."

I know in hindsight I was living on the edge wearing those wooden shoes and I haven't ever taken such a risk again. In fact I was safer when I wore my 3 inch spike heels than the exercise shoes.......
Accidents happen no matter how risky or safe the endeavor you are doing is.. and I know that my accident is really lame but a cast is a cast even if you trip on that imaginary rock on the sidewalk. Laughing

hope you are feeling up to chopping soon! Very Happy

Luxwiz

Post Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
I just saw this thread and wish you a speedy recovery. Some of us can be quite clumsy. Back when I was a college freshman I fell off one of my "Dr Scholl's exercise health sandals and broke my foot."

I know in hindsight I was living on the edge wearing those wooden shoes and I haven't ever taken such a risk again. In fact I was safer when I wore my 3 inch spike heels than the exercise shoes.......
Accidents happen no matter how risky or safe the endeavor you are doing is.. and I know that my accident is really lame but a cast is a cast even if you trip on that imaginary rock on the sidewalk. Laughing

hope you are feeling up to chopping soon! Very Happy

Thanks for your concern md.Maybe I should put on my wife's 3 in. spike heels next time I get on the bike Wink .It's been almost 2 weeks now and I'm starting to feel a little better.Cheers Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Bike Accident - Reply to topic