Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Are we cosmopolitan or homely? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

FOOD

Hate it - can't cook

10%

10%

[ 2 ]

Love it - know loads of recepies

65%

65%

[ 13 ]

Wish I could do without it

20%

20%

[ 4 ]

Can't stop eating (and it shows)

5%

5%

[ 1 ]

Total Votes: 20

Granulated

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Dot wrote:
1. Where do you live.

Belgium, Knokke-Heist

2. Have you lived here all your life.

yup

3. What is your favorite local food.

Belgian chocolate (in your face reinman! lol ) and belgian fries with the typical fried meats

4. What is your favorite foreign food.

pizza and pasta's

5. What was the worst thing you ever had to eat.

maple syrup Laughing (not THE worst but it was just too much) and mayonaise...i have a thing with mayonaise..can't stand it even when the jar is too close to me on the table...and...well...i'll stop here cause like some of you now...i have a very large list with BWERKfood

6. What would be your ultimate wish - to eat at least one time in your life.

All the Ben and Jerry flavours!!!! Preferably IN america....

REPEAT AFTER ME..... everyone join in...

BRING BACK WAY GRAVY...BRING BACK WAY GRAVY...BRING BACK WAY GRAVY...BRING BACK WAY GRAVY...BRING BACK WAY GRAVY...BRING BACK WAY GRAVY...BRING BACK WAY GRAVY...

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:35 pm   Reply with quote         

1. Where do you live.
Southern USA
have lived in TN GA and FL

prime rib and a baked potatoe salad with ginger dressing

I love Chicken Teriaki Chinese Style and any Chinese food
And.....
Sushi..... rank raw nasty
Durian a nasty smelling fruit that smells like dead fish and tastes like one. Just for kicks. Bird's Nest Soup and a side dish of PufferFish...

Granulated

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:

prime rib and a baked potatoe salad with ginger dressing

YEH !! ...ginger dressing though...eeek Confused

Quote:

I love Chicken Teriaki Chinese Style and any Chinese food

Can you have it any other style ?

Quote:
Sushi..... rank raw nasty

NO WAY !!! SUSHI RULES !!!!!

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:27 pm   Reply with quote         

seriously you can take Sushi? They offered some at the grocery and I got a sesame ball which was great filled with rice. Then i got the real sushi... just a bit too fishy...... Now I like fish, a nice white flounder or Talipa, I love seafood, crabs, lobster, scallops, shrimp but raw fish is just greasy on the pallate. lol I heard about this wonderful stuff made in Iceland called Brenvin or something which is an ale or spirit sort of like a schnapps. It is so toxic they are not allowed to sell it in the us ( Like Absinthe) can't find it. But Icelanders drink it with this fish they bury in the snow and wait till it rots and then dig it up and serve it.. It has a name and I can't think of it now but it's for the truly open-minded to eat this. Very Happy

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:07 am   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
seriously you can take Sushi? They offered some at the grocery and I got a sesame ball which was great filled with rice. Then i got the real sushi... just a bit too fishy......

Don't take sushi at the grocery store! Shocked
It can be not too bad, but also can be disgusting.
Better at restaurant but anyway... now in Montréal we can find hundred of sushi restaurants (it's big fashion stuff here) but there aren't all good. You have to know where to go. If the rice isn't well cooked, if the fish isn't the best fresh one, that's not real sushi. But nothing good like in Japan... I still never found in town good soya sauce. When I'm coming back from Japan, I'm always bringing back a couple of large soya sauce bottles... and great sake. Smile

Hey... teriyaki is also Japanese... so your chicken is maybe Japanese-Chinese style?

And yup! Ginger dressing can be soooo good! Very Happy

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:14 am   Reply with quote         

Dot wrote:

maple syrup Laughing (not THE worst but it was just too much) ...

Are you talking about Aunt Jemima syrup? Argh

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:15 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
bucket of deep fried chicken

Are you talking about KFC? Argh

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:15 am   Reply with quote         

SAKE...is liquid quaalude. Very Happy

Gravy is NOT overrated.

Sushi is great if ya know where to get it.

Thai food rules!

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:42 am   Reply with quote         

I had a bad day. Sake sounds up my alley. For the record I have tried some sushi as an appetizer in a nice Chinese restaurant and It was STILL RANK. once shy, twice burned... never will give it a third chance... about like Tofu on his rubber band Calamari deal.. would not spend good money on it and risk hunting furtively for a napkin to spit in. : Argh Yuck blackeye

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:25 am   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
I had a bad day. Sake sounds up my alley. For the record I have tried some sushi as an appetizer in a nice Chinese restaurant and It was STILL RANK...

Chinese!? Shocked
Chinese are good at cooking rats & cats but have no idea what's sushi. Raising Brow Smile

Synthvet

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:58 am   Reply with quote         

sushi?............................around here, they call that bait.

annajon

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:16 am   Reply with quote         

How do people in Tennissee USA cook?

I heard on television today that the people of Tennissee USA are not able to use taps anymore, because there is no water. They are not able to put out fires, because of a shortage of water. They are not able to send enough water to neighbouring states, as they are mandatory obligated to do, because there is no water available.

How do people in Tennissee cook?

And how many people in USA know that people in Tennissee USA have no water in their taps?

And, where do those billions of plastic watercontainers go that those millions of people in Tennissee are using at the moment?

And, where does that water in the plastic watercontainers come from?

Synthvet

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:40 am   Reply with quote         

1. Where do you live.
Oregon

yes..grew up in weastern Oregon (the wet side of the state)...have lived in Eastern Oregon..dry, high desert for the last 27 years

as in our local area?....I never turn down elk steak, fried potatoes w/onions, tossed spinach salad w/bleu cheese vinigarette, finished off with marionberry pie

so, do ya still want sushi?

I like it all....specially asian.......Indian is the best. found a fantastic indian restaurant when I was in Las Vegas

favorite foreign dessert.....tiramisu (thanks Eve)

And.....
when I was in the navy, one night the black crew members decided we needed to have "soul food" night....as in chittlins (pig intestines), collard greens, blackeyed peas...... IT SUCKED!!!! the corn bread was the only good thing..........funny thing was that the black guys didn't like it either. Laughing Laughing

a large plate of candied hummingbird tongues.............................ok, serious, probably something rare and spendy like truffles. no idea what they taste like...but if they're as good as some people say....I want the "all you can eat truffle buffet"

ScionShade

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:08 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="annajon]
And how many people in USA know that people in Tennissee USA have no water in their taps?
[/quote]
It's not just Tennessee. We're pretty much out of water in the whole southeast...and it don't rain in the SE from now till may.. We don't actually 'run out' of water, we still have the aquifers, but can only pump so much out so fast. Many rivers are just abour dried up. The drought wouldn't have knocked us out so bad, but over the last few years there's been a lot of growth. More homes, more golf courses, and more people use up a lot of water. We're just at the edge of a water crisis, we'll see over the next few moths just how bad it gets. I hear the midwest is in the same boat for the same reasons. We can only wait and see what happens. One really good rain and retention ponds can fill up, and the crisis is over....for a coup[le months at least.

1. Floriduh
2. no
3. Bugs AKA Florida lobster
4. Pru-go-gi ...Korean thin sliced steaks cooked on a hibachi on the table with assorted fixins, and wraps.
And..... Bop, "Kokoho Rose" Rice...best rice grain on earth , available at some asian food markets. Eaters of rice must try...best made in a quality rice cooker.
hospital food
been there done that

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:25 am   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
seriously you can take Sushi? They offered some at the grocery and I got a sesame ball which was great filled with rice. Then i got the real sushi... just a bit too fishy......

Actually sushi is the rice presentation. The raw fish is just an ingredient and it's not always a part of sushi.

manic_d wrote:
But Icelanders drink it with this fish they bury in the snow and wait till it rots and then dig it up and serve it.. It has a name and I can't think of it now but it's for the truly open-minded to eat this. Very Happy

How does it rot when it's basically stored on ice? Hmmm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Are we cosmopolitan or homely? - Reply to topic