Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Newbie here with a quick question.....and intro - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:10 pm   Reply with quote         

welcome!!!

ReinMan

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
deliandave wrote:
Tawiskaro wrote:

I think you'll like it.

Wow! I do like it... Your stuff kicks my butt. But, i have something to work toward,eh?

I am near Albany in NY as well.... Where in NY are you?

The link was to the butt-kicking stuff of Micose, not mine! I'm working on kicking butts, but I'm not there yet. Smile

I'm outside Buffalo. It is snowing--big shocker there. A turkey and other goodies are waiting at my mother-in-law's. Yum. Have a nice Thanksgiving.

--twk

ROCKET SHIP 7! ! ! ! ! ! !

Promo the ROBOT!!!!!!!!

You guys are all probably too young to know WTF I'm talking about. Confused

I grew up in the Niagara Peninsula and we got ALL the Buffalo news channels. And I LOVE hearing them talk about TANAWANDA! (spelling has been changed to protect the guilty)

dewdew

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Synthvet wrote:
okay, now do you really want to know what " ... " means

" ... " is actually a code that alerts the mods so that next time you post an entry, they take your chop and make their own adjustments to it before it posts.

I know........strange but true

I knew it Hmmm ......because my chops never look shitty until i post them. Just to think all this time i have been blaming my skillz....or lack of.....on jpeg compression Laughing

Tawiskaro

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:04 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:

Promo the ROBOT!!!!!!!!

I grew up in the Niagara Peninsula and we got ALL the Buffalo news channels. And I LOVE hearing them talk about TANAWANDA! (spelling has been changed to protect the guilty)

I wish I was too young. Yeah, Dave Thomas and Rocket Ship 7. Promo was played by one half of the Johnny and Jimmy duo. Remember Tom Jolls the weatherman, a.k.a. "Commander Tom"? In the mornings I'd watch Rocket Ship 7; after school I'd be glued to the TV with Commander Tom. How about Jungle Jay? He hosted the Johnny Weismuller Tarzan, Bomba, and Jungle Jim movies. Wore a pith helmet and cracked wise. I think he was a local DJ doing a bit of moonlighting. Sadly, I don't think Delia was old enough or close enough for any of this stuff. Albany is downstate.

So what was a young Canadian fellow like yourself doing watching American TV? Never mind. I've seen it. It's cool if you're into curling. Laughing

Just kidding. Thanks for Lorne Greene and William Shatner. Eliott Gould, too. And Christopher Plummer. And curling. Smile

Synthvet

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:26 am   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
Wait!!! Synth is a girl???? omg all this time I thought Synth was a guy lol and no I have no idea why I thought that, no clue was given out to make Synth appear male. Incredible!!!!!!!! lol Very Happy

Hey Wait a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing Laughing

I am NOT a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVE!!.........CAF!!!!..........BLURK!!!!!!..................SOMEONE!!!!!!!!

TELL'EM...................I'M NOT A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:32 am   Reply with quote         

So I was right all along you are a guy! My basic instinct said you were a guy but when Scion made that comment about you being pregnant and called you a she well I thought maybe I was wrong all along....... so you are a guy. thanks for clearing that up now go fix Scion! Laughing

ScionShade

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:07 am   Reply with quote         

Pregnant chics act sooooo weird.

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:10 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
Remember Tom Jolls the weatherman, a.k.a. "Commander Tom"? In the mornings I'd watch Rocket Ship 7; after school I'd be glued to the TV with Commander Tom.

ahhh Commander Tom ("Happy birthday, Jimmy. Your gift is hidden in the oven")

The Commander was my source for Davey and Goliath -
when I was young enough to believe the show was just about a boy and his talking dog.

Tawiskaro

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:55 am   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
ahhh Commander Tom ("Happy birthday, Jimmy. Your gift is hidden in the oven")

The Commander was my source for Davey and Goliath -
when I was young enough to believe the show was just about a boy and his talking dog.

D & G was the Veggie Tales of the 60's--kid entertainment with Christian values. VT has the advantage of being entertaining. Didn't Cmdr. Tom also run Ultra Man, Gumby, and the Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon? I seem to remember the Stooges being on the menu.

I take it you're another Buffalo evacuee?

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:

D & G was the Veggie Tales of the 60's--kid entertainment with Christian values. VT has the advantage of being entertaining. Didn't Cmdr. Tom also run Ultra Man, Gumby, and the Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon? I seem to remember the Stooges being on the menu.

I didn't realize D&G was that old. I watched it mid-80s.
But now that I see it again ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ss8h0rIRlg )
it seems dated even for the 60s. I guess I just watched anything that moved.
Never lived in Buffalo. Just got the feed. I try to use the words, Cheektowaga and Tonawanda as often as I can.

Tawiskaro

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
I try to use the words, Cheektowaga and Tonawanda as often as I can.

Try "Scajaquada" and "Lackawanna."

Luxwiz

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
ReinMan wrote:

Promo the ROBOT!!!!!!!!

I wish I was too young. Yeah, Dave Thomas and Rocket Ship 7. Promo was played by one half of the Johnny and Jimmy duo. Remember Tom Jolls the weatherman, a.k.a. "Commander Tom"? In the mornings I'd watch Rocket Ship 7; after school I'd be glued to the TV with Commander Tom. How about Jungle Jay? He hosted the Johnny Weismuller Tarzan, Bomba, and Jungle Jim movies. Wore a pith helmet and cracked wise. I think he was a local DJ doing a bit of moonlighting. Sadly, I don't think Delia was old enough or close enough for any of this stuff. Albany is downstate.

So what was a young Canadian fellow like yourself doing watching American TV? Never mind. I've seen it. It's cool if you're into curling. Laughing

Just kidding. Thanks for Lorne Greene and William Shatner. Eliott Gould, too. And Christopher Plummer. And curling. Smile

Oh my God! ...And don't forget Mr. Beeper.Then how about Irv Weinsteins' eyewitness news on channel 7 Shocked And Captain Kangaroo,Mr. Greenjeans,Mr Moose and Grandfather clock.I think that was on channel 4.I can imagine Reinman being there Razz but I didn't think YOU were that old TWK Laughing We got all 3 (channel 2,4 and 7) Buffalo stations up in T.O.Did you get any Canadian programs ... Razzle Dazzle with Michelle Finney,Big Al's Cartoon Capers and The Friendly Giant with Rusty the Rooster and Jerome the giraffe.

Man I'm started to get dizzy with nostalgia. pale ...Clutch Cargo,Diver Dan and Johnny Quest.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

ReinMan

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

STOP IT! STOP IT!

You are gonna make me CRY like a B-b-B-BABY!!!

(*runs away howling in anguish from hideous childhood memories of that HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE with Mr. Beeper*)

ReinMan

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         

(*comes sniveling back with tin-foil wrapped around top of head*)

I'm surprised no one mentioned THIS HIDEOUS EXPERIENCE of LOW BUDGET (and accordion-wielding) HORROR:

Tawiskaro

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:

Oh my God! ...And don't forget Mr. Beeper.Then how about Irv Weinsteins' eyewitness news on channel 7 Shocked And Captain Kangaroo,Mr. Greenjeans,Mr Moose and Grandfather clock.I think that was on channel 4.I can imagine Reinman being there Razz but I didn't think YOU were that old TWK Laughing We got all 3 (channel 2,4 and 7) Buffalo stations up in T.O.Did you get any Canadian programs ... Razzle Dazzle with Michelle Finney,Big Al's Cartoon Capers and The Friendly Giant with Rusty the Rooster and Jerome the giraffe.

Man I'm started to get dizzy with nostalgia. pale ...Clutch Cargo,Diver Dan and Johnny Quest.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

And the Furry Burry Creature! I vaguely remember the Friendly Giant. Clutch Cargo was the horrid animated thing with Paddlefoot the dog, wasn't it? Johnny Quest was at the top of my viewing list along with the Addams Family and Hogan's Heroes.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Newbie here with a quick question.....and intro - Reply to topic