Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - question about Vista interface on Windows - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, to all that I can only say: Find a way to take over Microsoft and reform it and I will wholly support your efforts. Laughing

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

okay the saga continues with me hating Vista more by the minute and microsoft!Just got back from the electronics store where the pc was bought to inquire about that xp that salesman said I could get and he could fetch in the backroom the other day.. well now he has no idea what I am on about... clueless. They will tell you anything to move that merchandise.

So my problem is that I have a 2 year extended warranty on that pc... IF I download any XP platforms that is not from Toshiba I will void out the warranty.

so I am going on a hunt with that manufacturer to see if they will offer it up. I really really don't want to have to fork out money for a license here..... if that's the case then I suppose we box the whole thing up and take it back, get our money back and forget computers in the next few years till something workable comes along or I can save up for a mac ibook for her which won't be happening any time soon due to the price. The sad thing is this doesn't have to be this way...

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:27 pm   Reply with quote         

warranty schmoranty. Razz

Hopefully Toshiba will play nice with you and get you a downgrade CD. You'll probably still have to get the special activation code from Microsoft though.

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:29 pm   Reply with quote         

What is this special activation code from microsoft?????? To activate the XP you mean? Help! Explain please and thank you!

Dontcha just wonder what Bill Gates kids use? I bet he has them all i books and i phones. Can't you just see one of his kids whining about Vista to dad... lol talk about guilting your dad. Love to see what those kids are using and what problems they are running up against!

ReinMan

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:08 pm   Reply with quote         

I suspect that Bill Gate's kids have BIGGER problems than deciding on an Operating System. Huh.. Razz

ScionShade

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I hate vista with a passion.
It uber sux.
That is all.

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:14 pm   Reply with quote         

you mean like does he/she like me just because i'm rich? or which bodyguard is coming today? or gee which car should I pull out of the garage... I know they got big money problems. worries about being kidnapped for ransom and past pc crashes-vendettas.

ReinMan

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:20 pm   Reply with quote         

I STILL love the scene from the South Park MOVIE, where the military general is having problems with their computers so he has Bill G dragged into the control room.

Gates starts BLAH BLAH excuse excuse BLAHing and the general just pulls out his gun and blows him away.

(not that I'm advocating VIOLENCE as any form of COMPASSIONATE solution, but sometimes .... well, let's leave it at that.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wz2uVxVm0Y&feature=related

(and I ALSO love the fact that this scene revolves around the General's plan to invade CANADA! Razz)

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

haha that's pretty funny... no time for his crap just pulls his little gun out and does away with him..... omg.. I understand it totally! Does that make me sick and twisted? Laughing

maybe true justice would be sticking Bill and family oh heck all his extended family and inlaws into a double wide with just dial up service...or make that with Comcast cutting him on and off cause he used bit torrent. I'd love to see that..... all his folks vying for their turn on the computer and the dang thing crashes on him...... and then he calls for that wonderful outsourced tech help with a non- english speaking person and gets the run around, maybe gets put on hold and then they charge him for the call and the service... YES!!!!!!!

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:10 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
What is this special activation code from microsoft?????? To activate the XP you mean? Help! Explain please and thank you!

Yes. The one I quoted the method to get in the PM I sent you yesterday. Wink

ReinMan

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:13 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
manic_d wrote:

OOoohhhhhhh.....

SECRET PM's!

Shocked Twisted Evil

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:08 pm   Reply with quote         

secret pms? Believe me rainyman when I get PMS here everybody knows.. i kinda flame out! lol secret my rear!

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:17 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
manic_d wrote:

OOoohhhhhhh.....

SECRET PM's!

Shocked Twisted Evil

Well I could post it but it's another one of my famous book length messages. I'm trying to save yer old eyes Reinier. Laughing

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:22 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
I STILL love the scene from the South Park MOVIE, where the military general is having problems with their computers so he has Bill G dragged into the control room.

Gates starts BLAH BLAH excuse excuse BLAHing and the general just pulls out his gun and blows him away.

(not that I'm advocating VIOLENCE as any form of COMPASSIONATE solution, but sometimes .... well, let's leave it at that.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wz2uVxVm0Y&feature=related

(and I ALSO love the fact that this scene revolves around the General's plan to invade CANADA! Razz)

hahaha! Still haven't gotten around to seeing that. Must download it now. Legally, of course. I'm using... Itunes...yeah. (Itunes does movies, right?)

Anyhow...Yeah, basically the only reason that I'm even bothering to kind of sort of give Vista any support is because I haven't had any issues with it that I never had with any previous OS, and that it does everything I want it to, with little hassle. Of course, if something huge happens that really pisses me off, then yes, I will love to jump on the worldwide Vista-hating bandwagon. Razz

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:35 am   Reply with quote         

No need to explain yerself Mason. My brother in law still says Windows ME was good as he never had problems with it.

I think some people just get lucky and have the hardware configuration that the OS happens to like.

Who knows. After SP2 maybe I'll be more Vista friendly. After all I remember grumbling about moving from Windows 3.11 to Windows 95. Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - question about Vista interface on Windows - Reply to topic