Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Very encouraging - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:37 am   Reply with quote         

Anything on the topic?? No.. I didn't think so...

Stevster

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:59 am   Reply with quote         

So if good choppers enter for prize/anon contest they're greedy and....
if they dont enter prize/anon contest they're scared of unbias voting.

Guess this is a lose lose situation. Confused

Micose

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:02 am   Reply with quote         

as a melting superstar i must im hooked by that 90's serie...Sliders....when i watch it...i can feel...hope.

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
So if good choppers enter for prize/anon contest they're greedy and....
if they dont enter prize/anon contest they're scared of unbias voting.

Guess this is a lose lose situation. Confused

Critique for that is unavoidable.. I guess I'm the only one that doesn't like what I saw on the previous anon contests. Anyway I won't bother.. thanks for the feedback. Smile

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:42 am   Reply with quote         

Is this really an issue that you care about?

I just don't think there are many people on this site who only enter anonymous contests.

Of the few who do, I suspect the motivation is something other than the prize.

And what's wrong, btw, about being motivated by a prize?

(oh and feel free to name names)

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:

I just don't think there are many people on this site who only enter anonymous contests.

Agreed. Some may enter for the prize. Yeah I'm sure there's some vote whoring and trading going on but I couldn't give three shits anymore about that. If they want a prize that bad then more power to them. Honestly most of the prizes given lately don't interest me in the slightest (except the occassional Advantage extension).

Some who are only entering prize contests may be entering just for the anonymous nature to see how their chops actually do on their own merit. At least that's how I hope it is for the majority. I've entered a couple of the prize contests in the past just to see how the chop did without people knowing it was one of mine. In one instance I got a second place and was pleasantly shocked.

Seems everyone here is getting jaded lately. Seems there's never going to be a system that makes everybody happy.

Heinlein

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:35 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
badcop wrote:

Agreed. Some may enter for the prize. Yeah I'm sure there's some vote whoring and trading going on but I couldn't give three shits anymore about that. If they want a prize that bad then more power to them. Honestly most of the prizes given lately don't interest me in the slightest (except the occassional Advantage extension).

Some who are only entering prize contests may be entering just for the anonymous nature to see how their chops actually do on their own merit. At least that's how I hope it is for the majority. I've entered a couple of the prize contests in the past just to see how the chop did without people knowing it was one of mine. In one instance I got a second place and was pleasantly shocked.

Seems everyone here is getting jaded lately. Seems there's never going to be a system that makes everybody happy.

Same here.

I do not really care about the prizes. I enter prize contests to see how my entry places.
I came in first and second in anonymous contests.

Honestly, I would rather have all contests anonymous.

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:06 pm   Reply with quote         

It WAS an issue I cared about, cause this was a community I was part of, now I'm done here.. so I don't care, but I really am curious to see some other opinions and if anyone else is bothered in general from things happening around here. This topic? No names, not judging anyone, and certainly not the reason I'm gone. Time passes by and I'm getting more liberal by the minute.. I really am sorry to leave, but don't want to make a big deal out of it so I'll just shut up now and begone. Those who care know where to find me, cheers to ya all! Very Happy

ReyRey

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Sliver wrote:
It WAS an issue I cared about, cause this was a community I was part of, now I'm done here.. so I don't care, but I really am curious to see some other opinions and if anyone else is bothered in general from things happening around here. This topic? No names, not judging anyone, and certainly not the reason I'm gone. Time passes by and I'm getting more liberal by the minute.. I really am sorry to leave, but don't want to make a big deal out of it so I'll just shut up now and begone. Those who care know where to find me, cheers to ya all! Very Happy

Don't leave .. Shocked Sad Every family disagrees and fights. We are just one big dysfunctional family. That's why it's fun. Very Happy Don't go. We need your chops!

Micose

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Sliver wrote:

u still belongsthe communauty...us hsould nkow nobody escapes Twisted Evil
Micose

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

this place is like The Beach"...and don't make a copy of the Map!
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:33 pm   Reply with quote         

You just won the Scavy Hunt....and you're disappointed in the site and such???

amazing

abraham

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Heinlein wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
badcop wrote:

Same here.

I do not really care about the prizes. I enter prize contests to see how my entry places.
I came in first and second in anonymous contests.

Honestly, I would rather have all contests anonymous.

I agree Jim! I also join anonymous prize contests not because of prizes , I'm very far to claim it, but to see how my chops would fare. Because members cast their votes based on artistic merits alone , I suppose, and that gives me more excitement. I never won though Laughing , at least I placed 2nd. These last 2 prize contests I did not enter because I'm busy with other things right now but I'm looking forward for more anon contests not necessarily prize contests.

dewdew

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:39 pm   Reply with quote         

OOHHH noooo MIcose is melting......hold on bud.......helps on the way...... Doh! what's the number for 911?.....

i think this whole thing is stupid...and comes up way too much.....who gives two shits........i could give a shit if i never get a vote. I would still chop. Everyone likes to be accepted,it's human nature. A vote is A pat on the back, saying great job.....i like it. That is the way the world works. Everyone wants reconition for thier hard work and not just in chops. As far as the whole buddy vote thing......hey, it a free world.....thier your vote's......giv'em to who you want. Saying that someone enters for just the prizes...........SO?......hell that's what caught my eye to begin with. PRIZES.....i thought hell yeah....now that's better than just chopping for the hell of it.....and everyone else did too.
Have you seen the PHUCKING skull ring......come on.......that sumbeach sticks out like a sore thumb........they are others that are great.......but damn.....Ray Charles could see the Greatness in that piece. Then Claf has a wave BILLBOARD...Have you seen this thing????......NO shit.....a whole billboard......and that sumbeach is awesome.......i hope he enters every damn one of the anon......and the bnon......and any cnon he can find. I say if Rey chops....which i might point out, he has been doing lately....way to go REY..........and REIN chops, Claf chops, hell i would like to see all the older bunch chopping......Even Splodge.....don't tell him i said so Twisted Evil and if its just for the Anon.....well........ ya'll better step your game up. Cause them boys and girls are good.

As far as vote whoring goes.....I GOT 25 a day.......and they are up for grabs. For the ladies i have a BUY ONE...get ONE FREE deal.....

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Sliver wrote:

Ok so you're obviously referring to Vunt, who is a prize whore.
A bonafide wham, bam, thank you ma'am prize-gobbler.

But what are the other issues that are "happening around here"?

let it out.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Very encouraging - Reply to topic