Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Whats wrong? - Reply to topic

Oscar

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:35 pm   Reply with quote         

So I been working at Nike for the past 2 months or so... and I been noticing few things that have trouble my mind.

1. Different Colors, have different prices.
WTF? so if you get a shirt that is the same... just b/c one is black and the other one is white they have different prices.

2. If you don't ask for the discount you wont get it, even if its on discount.
Some stuff... shoes and clothes have discounts but wont show on the computer... so if something has a discount of 30% and it doesn't show on the computer you wont get it if you don't ask.

3. The deal...
On days like this ( holidays ) you get coupons for 20% off if you buy more than $75... the coupon are usually on the register and are on plain sight by the costumers. If they buy more than $75 but don't grab a coupon they wont get the discount.

4. Stealing.
Some shoes at the store are $99 but if you grab another box or switch the prices tags ... and put them in there... you will get away with it... pick a new employee that doesn't know shoes or prices.

5. stealing (continued)
The cameras are only there for intimidation... no one ever checks them.

6. Wrong prices.
Some stuff such as shoes and clothes are most of the time labeled with wrong prices... when they scan the tag the computer will show higher prices that what they really are.

7. If you smile you get a discount.
???

If anyone is thinking in buying stuff at nike, nike factory store or nike town... send me a PM and I'll let you get my number for a super 20% off.

Very Happy

cherylm329

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:40 pm   Reply with quote         

That's crazy! Gotta love when you know the insides of a company and also have friends that tell you the workings too. I love Nike, always have, good to know the info.

On another note, I use to work for blockbuster (video rental store) and if someone stole you couldn't accuse them of stealing, you would have to approach them and say would you like me to hold that at the counter for you, lol. Yeah, I would rather let them steal the item than stand there while they cause a scene you know they would make with that approach. Your trained not to accuse or pursue thefts because of liability issues. You could walk out with a bag bulging with stuff and sticking out of the bag no less and noone would say anything. I thought that was unbelievable. Also, we had the same camera situation there. Confused

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:45 pm   Reply with quote         

yes, Nike has its shortcomings, but there's just something intangibly great about a pair of shoes hand-crafted by an 8 year old.

Micose

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:51 am   Reply with quote         

bwahhaha great thread mate Cool
Stevster

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:59 am   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
yes, Nike has its shortcomings, but there's just something intangibly great about a pair of shoes hand-crafted by an 8 year old.

JUST DO IT.....for 2 cents an hour.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:03 am   Reply with quote         

cherylm329 wrote:

On another note, I use to work for blockbuster (video rental store) and if someone stole you couldn't accuse them of stealing, you would have to approach them and say would you like me to hold that at the counter for you, lol. Yeah, I would rather let them steal the item than stand there while they cause a scene you know they would make with that approach. Your trained not to accuse or pursue thefts because of liability issues. You could walk out with a bag bulging with stuff and sticking out of the bag no less and noone would say anything. I thought that was unbelievable. Also, we had the same camera situation there. Confused

I was once a Sr. Assistant Manager for Blockbuster a few years ago...and that was one of THE most STUPID practices they had.

annajon

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:05 am   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:

Sold in stores where people don't care much for their job....

Not you Oscar, but the others....

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:13 am   Reply with quote         

Do you sell these? Laughing Laughing Laughing

ReinMan

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

It's not just Nike - there is some even WEIRDER and NASTIER shite going down around the ol' Mudball.

Some interesting perspectives and facts in this book...

Perhaps money IS the root of all evil? hmmmm.... (at the moment I'm very nice. Razz )

supak0ma

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
1. Different Colors, have different prices.
WTF? so if you get a shirt that is the same... just b/c one is black and the other one is white they have different prices.

do you think clothing gets magically colored? they can have different prices because they have different production costs.

the green one has a production cost of 2c while the white one 3c Razz

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Aren't you the manager?
Fix it Razz

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Whats wrong? - Reply to topic